SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Giovanni Day, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 08:02 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
WTB: HL PAF in good condition.

Subject says it all. Let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Giovanni
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2002, 09:14 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,032 Posts
Trader Rating: 210
Giovanni,

I have one, but it's not for sale. Just want to let you know that it's sure a great little park flyer. I haven't seen much discussion about it so your post perked my interest. Since it's only about 8 ounces, it also thermals quite well. Best of luck on your search.

Victor
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:20 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Giovanni--

I have one that's in good flyable condition with some wear & tear (I can e-mail you pics if you want). Here's what the wear & tear is:

1. The nose has been snapped off and reglued a couple times (I use ProBond in order to not add needless weight). The very tip of the nose has a few little pieces out of it.

2. The foam around where the motor mounts (the place most likely to separate in a crash) has been pulled out and re-glued a few times.

3. Also, near the trailing edge just inside the left fin, there's a small (paintball-size) hole that got there from a vain attempt to knock it out of a tree. I patched it with foam, smoothed and painted to match.

4. One of my elevons got cracked, so I replaced them both with the same thickness of Depron (which is what the originals were made from--it was very easy to cut spares).

I will sell it with the Potensky receiver (along with Ch. 21 and 42 Potensky Rx crystals AND a matching Ch. 42 Tx crystal for a Hitec FM transmitter), motor/GB/prop, Potensky ESC, an extra variable-pitch folding prop, and the two installed blue HS-50 servos.

It does not include the battery pack or charger, but you can get those separately from Hobby-Lobby or use something similar (the original pack is a 2-cell lithium 7.2V, 750 mAh).

I'd accept $160 shipped in the US.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:25 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Thanks DaJudge, but I think I will pass. It sounds a little worn for me.

Giovanni
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 17, 2002, 11:52 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
No problem.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it's all beat up. It's not and the PAF is still a fun little plane to fly. The easy outside loops it can do are especially enjoyable. I just haven't flown it a whole lot lately so I wouldn't miss it all that much if I sold it.

But, if I'm going to offer a used plane to someone for sale, I think they're entitled to know all the details of any damage/repairs it might have had. If I were the buyer, I'd sure want as much info and detail as possible. That way, there are no surprises/problems later (like when the package arrives).

Frankly, I doubt that you'll find a used PAF that doesn't have some damage history. It's the kind of plane that you'll want to use to do wild aerobatics close to the ground, so "unscheduled landings" are going to happen.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
Closed Thread