HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2007, 01:35 AM
Micro Zippy
Seattle
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
Discussion
AA Bi or Jet prop changes

Has anyone played with the AA Jet or Bi props to try and get a bit more speed or altitude?

I'm thinking about torking the props a bit to get more pitch out of the props.

Or has anyone put different props on the AA? What kind of performance did you get?
jconwell is offline Find More Posts by jconwell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2007, 10:40 AM
mre airtime, thn sober :P
holland
Joined Oct 2006
292 Posts
hello,

my brother and myself modified my old AA (the bi wing ).
we had put some fishing weight on the nose ,on a peace of du(ktape.
and it flew higher, faster, easyer, just better (no more stupid stalling!)
hope this a good help

sinceraly,

----------
flying is live

ps: this modification is free, and not hard to try out
mr. arthur1234 is offline Find More Posts by mr. arthur1234
Old Jan 03, 2007, 12:02 PM
Micro Zippy
Seattle
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
I've done all sorts of stuff with the weight of the AAs. But now i'm looking to improve the flight charactistics of the plane with mucking around with the props.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 12:47 PM
holland
Joined Oct 2006
292 Posts
those props are the optimalisised for that motors they are on there for a reson,,,,,,,
mucking around with props isnt good.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 01:16 PM
Micro Zippy
Seattle
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
Yea...just like the weight and COG of the AA is optimized for the AA's flight. Come on. you can ALWAYS play around with a planes configuration. Thats what mods are for! :-)

It seems to me that all Air Hogs products are sub-optimized so as to not get the user, who is probably assumed to be a little kid, into troube.

So, its up to us, mod hackers, to optimized their planes.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 01:18 PM
holland
Joined Oct 2006
292 Posts
tru, like why car engines ecu's always give not 100% power...
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:55 PM
lower Michigan-utica
Joined Dec 2005
286 Posts
I've been thinking about paddle-blade props, using larger props. I have a few larger size props but no time to play with them I mean, blade at the tip a 'paddle' like configruration, and trimming the inner part of the blade into a roundish kind of shaft. ;D
widgeteer is offline Find More Posts by widgeteer
Old Jan 03, 2007, 05:08 PM
Joined Dec 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconwell
It seems to me that all Air Hogs products are sub-optimized so as to not get the user, who is probably assumed to be a little kid, into troube.

So, its up to us, mod hackers, to optimized their planes.
I've modified my bipe and jet and I'm happy with them now, but I wish the folks at Air Hogs would have taken a little more time with with testing flying and tweaking their AAs out before releasing them. Surely they could see both planes porpoised pretty badly when throttle was applied. But don't call me surely.
Redbird25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbird25
Old Jan 04, 2007, 07:54 AM
Only flies cheap
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird25
I've modified my bipe and jet and I'm happy with them now, but I wish the folks at Air Hogs would have taken a little more time with with testing flying and tweaking their AAs out before releasing them. Surely they could see both planes porpoised pretty badly when throttle was applied. But don't call me surely.
But you do have to give them credit for selling a $30 RTF plane that looks good, flies fine out of the box, and can be easily made to fly even better - I've had just as much fun modding mine as flying it. That being said, it seems placing the battery further forward in the fuselage would have reulted in a better flyer that was not one cent more expensive to produce. I personally wish they offered a Tx that took better advantage of the abilities of the Rx in the plane (ie more precise steering and throttle, no throttle steering)

Also I would like one in all white so I could decorate it without removing the paint first. Charge just as much, but it would be less expensive to produce.
sv650touring is offline Find More Posts by sv650touring