Yep , found it. Thanks
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2007, 10:57 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I gave up on the HS65's. I couldnt get the geometry to a happy place and didnt want to spend any more time mucking about. The ace servo's have arrived down here, so i just ordered a set of 3. They fit like the heli was designed around them (funny that) so the swap is a quick and easy excercise.

After that is done i will need to glue the bearings in as the ali parts look like they may be a couple of months away still.
Old Mar 08, 2007, 11:28 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Nov 2006
410 Posts
I just installed the JR digital mini servo pack. Perfect fit. 160 bones though.
Gardner37 is offline Find More Posts by Gardner37
Old Mar 08, 2007, 11:33 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner37
I just installed the JR digital mini servo pack. Perfect fit. 160 bones though.

I have heard about them. Can you post a pic or 2 , i would like to see the servo to swash push rod geometry.
Old Mar 09, 2007, 04:04 AM
Joined Nov 2004
24 Posts
Forget waiting for the bling

Just fire one of these babies on it..Only done some test hovers in my basement and a little FF outside and its rock steady.I.m no 3D guy
I originally had the align 315 carbons on it and it was good with those but i put the pro 325,s on and man this thing hovers nice .The 65 servos are awesome to ..All i need now is a nice metal swash .The tail seems to be good on this but would like some nice metal grips at least.
mumzy is offline Find More Posts by mumzy
Last edited by mumzy; Mar 09, 2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2007, 04:14 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
mumzy, keep us updated with your progress when you get it outside. It does seem like an easy fix BUT i prefer the way the mini-t head flies.

Think about moving your gyro into the frames, it is very vulnerable up there.
Old Mar 09, 2007, 04:16 AM
Joined Nov 2004
24 Posts
Truth is that i broke one of the mixer arms on one of my initial test hovers so i had no choice but to throw the metal head on it.Well i was planing to do it anyhow but the opportunity came up a little sooner than expected .Yup i think i'll move the gyro soon also .Thanx
mumzy is offline Find More Posts by mumzy
Old Mar 09, 2007, 04:58 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,165 Posts
e325 MT on 4s...

I finally got around to finishing off my e325 MT. Initially at least, I'm running a Z-Power Z10A-3300 with an 11T pinion and a 4s-2200 TP Extreme pack, so I can get a "silly power" baseline. The 100% h/s should be around 3300, or so, which I'll dial down slightly (with a Jazz 40-6-18...), to about 3100-3150.

The head is the MFS-knockoff that somebody here did in another thread. I think it is from a Walkera 60? I have no idea whether or not it is beefy enough to withstand this sort of power, but we'll see. Eventually I'll probably replace it with the TT metal bits, but they aren't out yet, far as I know.

The rest of the it is pretty standard stuff, a 401 with a 9650 and HS65s for the cyclics. The latter required some slight "trimming" on the frames to get them to fit. I'm assuming the TT servos will fit straight away, but they aren't available yet either.

Here's some pics:

To get the 4s pack to fit and CG better, I cut down the supplied battery "shelf". The canopy fits quite well and everything balances perfectly.

Tomorrow we'll give it a "whirl", and see if the head holds up. In any case, next I want to reconfigure the setup a bit, and try a 4s a123 pack. To do that I'll remove the 4s pack and the shelf. With the four a123 cells offset slightly everything fits just fine and it still balances perfectly. I'll go up a couple teeth, to a 13T pinion. I'm shooting for a governed h/s around 2900-3000, which is more than enough for my more pedantic flight style.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Mar 09, 2007, 05:30 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Looking forward to your report G.

Just watch that gyro, it is very vulnerable up there (at least with the stock head).
Old Mar 09, 2007, 05:40 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,376 Posts
I was a bit surprised that about the only part of the rotor head that isn't ball raced is the flybar pivot - isn't that one of the most important parts to have moving freely?

Gary, your battery mount looks like the way it should have been done - the stock one may put the stock battery in the right place but it looks like an afterthought (IMHO)

> I gave up on the HS65's

Did I mention that TowerPro 9g servos fit quite nicely? No trimming required.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Mar 09, 2007, 06:12 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,165 Posts
I think this head sits up a bit higher than the stock one, so I can't see that the gyro can take a blade strike, but we'll see.

I'm not sure what is meant by the comment about the flybar pivot, as the whole thing is a "ball" and it moves up and down quite freely.

Yeah, the stock battery tray looks pretty hokey. It was a very simple mod that took literally about 2 minutes.

Other than the HS65 trimming and the battery tray, the only other mod I did was to use a heat gun to straighten out the anti-rotation guide. The pin on the Walkera swash doesn't stick out as far as the stock one.

-- Gary
Old Mar 09, 2007, 07:09 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I really am looking forward to your flight reports. I love the mfs heads on ,my Gazaur and Jokers. Its a real different feel to it.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,376 Posts
> I'm not sure what is meant by the comment about the flybar pivot,

Sorry, I was talking about the standard one.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,165 Posts
We tested my 4s-powered e325 this weekend, but it had a horrible blade-tracking/vibration problem. It turns out the problem is that one of the blade grip Hiller arms was bent. I'm not sure whether the arm was bent to begin with, or if the high headspeed caused the arm to bend. I have a second head, so I will try this again and see. If it bends again, I'll just wait for the new TT metal bits.

-- Gary
Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,375 Posts
GGoodrum,

You might look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=570179&page=8

Thank you.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem