5 Posts

Ace your wings
rohitkumar is offline Find More Posts by rohitkumar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:37 AM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Well I guess I got ahead of myself I bought the smaller heli's to practice with because I really didn't want to crash this one. My maiden on the 300x went so well I decided to take this one for a test spin the next day. It was going good, but unfortunately my nerves got the better of me & I had a little crash
Oh well, it's part of the learning curve. I really liked this machine for the short time I flew it. In ordering parts, I realized that the cheapest way to keep this thing going for a long time would be to just buy another one since it was on sale for $350. So that's what I did If I sell the Gyro & power train, then the part's become really cheap

Thunder Tiger maiden crash! *&%#@$ (1 min 22 sec)
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:53 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Hey emeraldc, where are you guys getting these for $350?

Btw. Beautiful scenery to fly in.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:40 PM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post

Thanks,

Snhobbies got 3 in just before Christmas, They went on sale a week or 2 ago, I grabbed the last one. I haven't seen that price anywhere else.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:04 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
Thanks,

Snhobbies got 3 in just before Christmas, They went on sale a week or 2 ago, I grabbed the last one. I haven't seen that price anywhere else.
thanks
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:42 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc
Oh well, it's part of the learning curve. I really liked this machine for the short time I flew it.
That's the spirit!
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:14 PM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
I remember now when I first showed this heli to my wife, she said "you better not crash that one" so I was doomed!

Been practicing lots, I'll be ready for the next maiden

So I have a brand new one sitting in the box, so I'm good for parts, and instead of selling the gyro & power train, I'm ordering the V2 kit With TH's easy pay, and there promo this month, I get V2 kit, the spare parts I may need, & extra canopy for 3 easy payments of around $100. How can I resist Seems like the logical thing to do
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:34 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
I kind of figured that would happen. I recall having the same thought line a few years ago but once the parcel arrived it was pretty hard to have it sittin’ there in a parts only status. Where is the fun in that?

Quote:
Seems like the logical thing to do
Fully agree!
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:37 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,363 Posts
Does anybody have a source for a bolt on 4 blade rotor?

Thanks,
Marty
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:16 AM
Australia
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon View Post
Does anybody have a source for a bolt on 4 blade rotor?

Thanks,
Marty
copterx just pop the center part of swash out and use outter from mini titan swash takes 5min to do fits straight on
sparky12130 is offline Find More Posts by sparky12130
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,363 Posts
Thanks, Sparky.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Mar 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post

Back in stock at SN Hobbies just give them a call the price can be lower than regular.
NitroEnthusias is offline Find More Posts by NitroEnthusias
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:28 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
New life in the old dog!

Just converted my old MT V1 to FBL, using a CX 3x1000 controller, cross-flashed with Tarot ZYX V3.5 firmware, and a Tarot FBL head. It was too gusty this morning to do much flying, but the initial test flight felt good.

I've been flying clone 450 Pro's for the last couple of years, so working on the MT felt extra easy - it really has to be the ultimate easy to work on heli! Setting the maingear mesh couldn't be easier. Installing and removing cyclic servos - dead easy, no need to strip anything else down. The tail boom - how great is that, removed as a complete assembly, perfect for breaking the heli down into two smaller parts for stuffing into a suitcase and so on. So much room for the ESC, and all those built-in cable management clips on the frames. Nice big platform aft of the main boom to mount the CX on.

The Tarot head geometry is only slightly compromised - at 50% collective, the swash locker arms are angled upwards maybe 10 degrees or so, rather than being level - but there's no sign of binding at combined full high or low collective and cyclic.

If I used an RJX head, it might be possible to get the swash locker arms level since it has two Jesus bolt bolts, and I really like how the RJX head flies on my clone 450 pros. The trouble is the RJX head has long grip arms, and unless you are using servos that can move more than 45 degrees either side of centre, you need to use 15mm servo arms. The MT design is not tolerant of non-standard servo arm length, however. With the elevator servo link being so short, and there being no way to adjust the position of the elevator servo across the frame, you really have to use regular 12.5mm arms.

I swapped out the old analog Hitec HS56's for Align DS410's, which fly really well in my clone 450's. In order to get the link geometry right, I had to put in 2mm spacers between the servos and the mounts. Not having anything else to hand, I made some up from four layers of card superglued together.

I also had to shave some plastic off the inside face of the elevator mount - the DS410's must be just a touch longer than the HS56's, which were an easy fit in the MT.

I used an HK15158A ($7 9257 clone) on the tail, and the motor is a Turnigy 2830 3500kv.

Since the linkage balls used on the MT are slightly smaller than the ones used on Trex 450's, I had to install two Trex linkage balls on the MT inner swash. The fixing bolts for the Trex balls are slightly larger diameter than the MT ones, but with it being a plastic-fantastic swash, I had no trouble screwing them in.

I also had to use Trex plastic links and linkage balls on the servo arms too, since I only had Align DS4 arms to hand, the holes in which were too large to be able to use the MT balls.

The 45A Turnigy Superbrain ESC I'm using is a bit heavier than the old ACE 35A ESC, but I was able to get the MT balanced with the battery pack about 1/2" back from the full forward position. The long battery mount is another great feature of the MT!

My initial impression is that the MT feels a lot "floatier" than my 450 Pros, even at HS2600 governed, compared with the HS2800 I use on the clones. It's also nice and quiet. I'd forgotten how much better the quality of most of the parts on the MT is, compared with the clone bits. I'll probably up the HS a bit.

The one thing I'd like to change is the canopy. I've never cared for the stretched out look of the MT canopy, but I really like the one used on the e325s, which also makes the heli look bigger.

All in all, I'm really glad I kept my old MT!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:32 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
- I need to save your post and maybe print it out to show it to all people I said that should really consider even second hand MT (even V1 no problems there) against even the newest 450 clones.
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
DC Metro Area
Joined May 2009
187 Posts
Got two flights in with the Mini Titan yesterday, helped to get the rust off since i haven't flown in a few month. Held well in a 5 mph wind. Need to fine tune the tail gain a little, but it held in some flips, loops and inverted flying. Still one of my favorite helis. Took a pic of it next to the Compass 6HV.
trini92 is offline Find More Posts by trini92