HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Wetherill Park
Joined Jun 2010
133 Posts
Hi 2Doggs,
Your solution is actually not too expensive.
BTW, my Walkera 4F TX is a 6 channel and has a led to adjust the servos and throttle, maybe (this is stupid) but could I give it a try to see if I can paired it with the rx on his chopper?.
if the sky-master tx6 is not good, I will recommend my friend to buy a tx that is ~ $200 so at least the tx does not give any problem and its easier to adjust.
Rgs,
Aysen1
Aysen1 is offline Find More Posts by Aysen1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:59 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,192 Posts
Sorry for switching subject to something else but I would like quickly to share my excitement with the latest MT project (it, actually, lasts for maybe a year, but only now it got to proper shape and form): my 6S, stretched MT!

I must have already described it before but just in case here it is again:

1. YEP for 6S ESC with store governor mode (sorry I didn't tach the HS yet)
2. 2x 3S 1000mAh gens ace batteries (20C) - equivalent of 3S 2000mAh 40C
3. HK 350mm blades over
4. CF carbon boom - made of 14mm HK CF tube cut to dimensions (I need to find the dimensions somewhere for you)

Other parts are ds95s as feathering servos, s9527 for tail, TT's FBL head and metal tail with (important detail) Protos tail blades (with roots thinned so they fit MT's tail blade grips). All with ÁBeast. Battery's weight is 166g and heli 776 (AUW 942g).

I hope I didn't miss anything else important.

I have 'original' MT to side of it with 2x 55C gens ace 3S 2200mAh batteries and in comparison to that I can feel extra 'floatiness' of stretched MT. With current HS (I still need to tach) it flies perfectly. 6S gives it continuous power - side tic/tocs, even with slightly lower HS than normal MT are easy and HS virtually doesn't drop. It is nice, powerful, visible, stable and autos really nicely - somehow close to 425mm Protos I have.

I wish I was able to finish it sooner. I would recommend it anyone who wants to get their MTs to 'next level'.
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:26 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysen1 View Post
Hi 2Doggs,
BTW, my Walkera 4F TX is a 6 channel and has a led to adjust the servos and throttle, maybe (this is stupid) but could I give it a try to see if I can paired it with the rx on his chopper?.
if the sky-master tx6 is not good, I will recommend my friend to buy a tx that is ~ $200 so at least the tx does not give any problem and its easier to adjust.
Rgs,
Aysen1
Any radio that takes a module can be easily converted. I have a JR 9XII (the European equivalent of a 9303) which I bought used, and it was a great TX, but it was on 35MHz. I bought an FrSky 2.4G module and RX, for not much over $30, and it's now a fantastic 2.4G system. In fact FrSky have a better implementation of 2.4G fast frequency hopping than even the manufacturer's own DSM and DSM2 modules, for which Of course I would have had to have paid an arm and a leg!

Even a radio without a separate module can be converted, for even less $, using a "DIY" module, which you solder in to the TX. It only involves a few connections.

@Clicky - no apologies needed, I love to read about your 6s stretched MT, and look forward to pics!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:27 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysen1 View Post
Hi 2Doggs,
Rgs,
Aysen1
Any radio that takes a module can be easily converted. I have a JR 9XII (the European equivalent of a 9303) which I bought used, and it was a great TX, but it was on 35MHz. I bought an FrSky 2.4G module and RX, for not much over $30, and it's now a fantastic 2.4G system. In fact FrSky have a better implementation of 2.4G fast frequency hopping than even the manufacturer's own DSM and DSM2 modules, for which of course I would have had to have paid an arm and a leg!

Even a radio without a separate module can be converted, for even less $, using a "DIY" module, which you solder in to the TX. It only involves a few connections.

@Clicky - no apologies needed, I love to read about your 6s stretched MT, and look forward to pics!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:48 PM
Australia, NSW, Wetherill Park
Joined Jun 2010
133 Posts
Thank you 2Doggs,
I am getting more information now on this thread about rx and tx than ever before.(Not that I don't appreciate the tremendous help on the Walkera 4F tread that help me lot to adjust and fly my chopper).
In summary, I will pu the chopper together and see if I can pair my walkera tx with the rx on the chopper and if does not work then i will advice my friend to buy a good tx; as per your team recommendation....
Thanks,
Aysen1 is offline Find More Posts by Aysen1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:54 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Sorry for switching subject to something else but I would like quickly to share my excitement with the latest MT project (it, actually, lasts for maybe a year, but only now it got to proper shape and form): my 6S, stretched MT!

I must have already described it before but just in case here it is again:

1. YEP for 6S ESC with store governor mode (sorry I didn't tach the HS yet)
2. 2x 3S 1000mAh gens ace batteries (20C) - equivalent of 3S 2000mAh 40C
3. HK 350mm blades over
4. CF carbon boom - made of 14mm HK CF tube cut to dimensions (I need to find the dimensions somewhere for you)

Other parts are ds95s as feathering servos, s9527 for tail, TT's FBL head and metal tail with (important detail) Protos tail blades (with roots thinned so they fit MT's tail blade grips). All with ÁBeast. Battery's weight is 166g and heli 776 (AUW 942g).

I hope I didn't miss anything else important.

I have 'original' MT to side of it with 2x 55C gens ace 3S 2200mAh batteries and in comparison to that I can feel extra 'floatiness' of stretched MT. With current HS (I still need to tach) it flies perfectly. 6S gives it continuous power - side tic/tocs, even with slightly lower HS than normal MT are easy and HS virtually doesn't drop. It is nice, powerful, visible, stable and autos really nicely - somehow close to 425mm Protos I have.

I wish I was able to finish it sooner. I would recommend it anyone who wants to get their MTs to 'next level'.
Sounds good click, Lets see some videos. I'd post some videos of my MT 450 with DFC head but who wants to see 2D. Hey, I can fly backward figure 8s now. I'm learning little bits at a time.
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Flight achieved

Well I finally got my mini titan V1 with flybarless head with GT-5 to the point that it was ready to fly for the first time. Spun it up today in the driveway at the LHS and it shook like a bastard. Turns out I had a warped blade. At least I was at the right place, bought a set of align woodies for ten bucks and spooled her up again, this time smooth as glass, got it off the ground and it was like butter. Blade tracking is off but that's ok it still hovered great and tail held solid. Need to play with everything to get it dialed in but I have to say it was far more stable than I expected it to be given it was the maiden hover. VERY excited to get this bird dialed in!!! Blade 450X under the tree has me excited too but this bird I can actually fly now, and maybe is even better than 450x!

Tom
d2tw4all is online now Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Woodies!

Aha! That answers a question posed a while back in some thread or other - can you fly FBL with woodies?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Aha! That answers a question posed a while back in some thread or other - can you fly FBL with woodies?
You can fly FBL with almost anything!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Really... Never would have thought you couldn't, my Blade 300X has woodies and the smaller FBL birds have plastic blades... Never crossed my mind to even ask as a matter of fact. Does the Flybarless Mini Titan V2 have CF blades?

If my 300X didn't have woodies you'd really have me thinking but I don't know why it would be an issue. I think you just need to keep the head speed down...

Tom
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:24 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
It's obviously less significant on smaller helis - after all, you see solid plastic blades on 250's and so on. The headspeed limitation becomes more important with larger helis.

I've read comments to the effect that you can't fly woodies on FBL on even a 450, since FBL works best with a rigid head and blades. I don't wholly subscribe to that theory, since any blades have to flap up and down in a single main rotor heli.

I'd be interested to know how the woodies feel compared with a pair of carbon blades, on the same heli running the same HS - and may even get some woodies to try on my 450's.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Ya I'll probably throw some CF blades on there once I'm comfortable flying it more. Again, the blade 300x with beastx comes stock with woodies, but you can't run the motor at 100 percent unless you upgrade to CF.

Tom
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Anyone know if the Ace 40A ESC for the mini titan has a built in governer, or do I need to tach the head speed to determine where max throttle should be?

Tom
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:56 PM
Yay! Spring! I think ....
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,212 Posts
TT says is has a governor for heli mode:

http://www.tiger.com.tw/product/8041.html
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot