HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2007, 02:50 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Thanks for your quick response. I didn't know TT made their own servos for this heli. I didn't see any deals/combos in the UK that include TT servos. I was thinking Hitec HS65 for swashplate. I have a spare Futaba 3154 for the tail. Will these not fit easily?

My radio setup wil be JR PCM 9XII tx with RS77S synthesized receeiver.

To be honest though I'm still considering a T-Rex 450SE CDE as my first mini. I have a couple of sub-micros; a MiniZoom Pro and a Walkera 52.

Thanks again
- Nick
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2007, 03:20 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Andy at RealRaptors has them,I'm going to try them when these TowerPro 9G I got with my Dragonus combo pack up.

http://www.realraptors.co.uk/zen-car...c31eecf9521d5f

He always sends things next day delivery before 1.00pm,needs someone at home to sign for it.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 08, 2007, 03:38 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Nick the 65's are what i am using but it requires a little work to make them good
( relieving the servo mount and spacing the ball link ball for good geometry)

Its easier to just use the correct servo if you are buying new.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Feb 08, 2007, 04:51 AM
Birmingham Intl, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Waterfall
Andy at RealRaptors has them,I'm going to try them when these TowerPro 9G I got with my Dragonus combo pack up.

http://www.realraptors.co.uk/zen-car...c31eecf9521d5f

He always sends things next day delivery before 1.00pm,needs someone at home to sign for it.

Allan
I hope your TowerPro 9G servos are better than the batch I had (not from Andy at Real Raptors), half of them didn't work straight off and they do seem to arrive pre-worn out with the amount of slop they have. I'd say HS55's are a minimum, HS65's are the best.
Steve990 is offline Find More Posts by Steve990
Old Feb 08, 2007, 05:06 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
I've only had a couple of very brief hovers at the moment so I don't know how long the Tower Pro will last.They were in with the combo so I'm using them initially,but expect them to only have a short life anyway.

I bought the whole combo at the time for less than the price I can get just the kit for now,so to me anything supplied that works is a bonus.I've already swapped the Telebee out for a 401 and the servos are next.

After my previous experience with several Hitec servos,there's no way I'll ever buy another Hitec servo.Although they weren't the HS 65 everyone recommends,they put me off Hitec servos for life.

Only problem at the moment is, after buying the combo,DX7,gyro and Phoenix sim,my wallet has run off somewhere looking for some new food before it dies of starvation,when it eventually returns I'm hoping it'll still be friendly.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 08, 2007, 04:42 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Nick the 65's are what i am using but it requires a little work to make them good
( relieving the servo mount and spacing the ball link ball for good geometry)

Its easier to just use the correct servo if you are buying new.
I'm still quite keen to have the best servos I can get for this heli. Would you have a pic of yours? I'd like to see how you mounted them and the ball links.

Thanks
- Nick
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Feb 08, 2007, 04:58 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I'll see waht i can find
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:52 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
So the head can't handle high rpm's. Is the plastic version of the Trex the same way? I'm looking at the 450S CF and this. I'd like to wait for the metal head, but the funds may not support it depending on TT's pricing.
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
It seems the out of track at high headspeeds is only effecting a few of us. TT hasnt released any bling yet that i can find. I would never have run a platic trex like i do withthe mini-t but things may have changed on the trex front.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:28 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
TT hasnt released any bling yet that i can find. I would never have run a platic trex like i do withthe mini-t but things may have changed on the trex front.
Their CNC head is out in April. They are calling it the "Option" kit.

No CNC tail, though. Seems odd.
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:30 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
My tail is no problem but i am looking forward to the head.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
Birmingham Intl, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
969 Posts
I've managed to crack a headblock I had a problem with the top jesus bolt shearing which lead to the head coming off, luckily still held by the links. The head block was probably damaged at this point but looked okay when rebuilt and had around 4 flights without problem. On the 5th flight it would barely get off the ground at full stick, -9-0+9 pitch curve, 100,95,100 throttle curve. I checked the pitch curve and I'd got barely 4 at the top, negative in the middle and shed loads of negative at the bottom. It took a few moments of puzzling before I spotted the head block had cracked from the bottom, through the bolt hole and into the flybar hole on both sides It was soon fixed with a new head block and has been flying as good as ever since.
Steve990 is offline Find More Posts by Steve990
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
I'm still to see my m8 regarding the exact April due date for the bling, but re your tracing problems Oz, I found another thread with a fix for it (cheers TMoore): Apparently remove and glue in with a few small drops of medium CA (on the outsides), the washout lever bearings and the bell hiller mixer bearings (clean them off with a bit of alcohol first to get them to stick). Hope this helps, I'll be doing mine tonight.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Feb 25, 2007, 02:50 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
pdf, do you have a link ? I'd like to read about it.

I am not touching mine until the "option" parts are available so i have time to research
Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:12 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
Here's the link...

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t324384p1/

No worries

I see you've been there already
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly