HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2007, 03:18 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I repowered mine. Now with a z-power 3800kv motor and 11t align pinion.
Headspeed is good (the packs are running hard so 5 mins max flighttime)

So far the heli is settling down nice, links are freeing up and all is good and tight.

The tail holds well, now its a matter of more flight time to see if it all stays good or deteriates like a trex.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
I got mine comming hopefully it will be here around the 11th. Thinking of putting the Logictech 2100t gyro in it... see how this heli. is compared to my 450se....

I wanns get a E550 or E620 next go along with my Rap. 50's.. But have been thinking of just getting the trex 600 .. so I can use the 6cell packs...
Tradhunt is offline Find More Posts by Tradhunt
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:29 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
How it looks all finished (apart from canopy decoration)
Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:57 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
It is getting better and better now (i hope i doesnt take a turn for the worse)

The stock blades are garbage (at least mine are). I put on a set of gazaur woodies and the heli improved dramatically. I am waiting on som eof the new align CF to try. So far all is holding together well at high headspeeds. I must be runnign close to 3k with the motor i am now running and the head is freeing up nice.

I have moved the gyro down into the frame now and thats the way it will stay.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 12:37 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Mini-t came out for a play on the weekend. Powered by the z-power 3800kv motor and a 50 amp esc running Align CF 325's. This thing rocks. Power is impressive and response and agility are beyond anything else i have flown, it could almost be called "nervous". This thing just want to go and go hard.

The concerns i had (and shared above) about the plastic seem to have come true.
Although in one piece still with this much mumbo the blade tracking is all over the place. The higher the headspeed the worse the problem. From a hover to a full all out climb the blades are all over the place. I hope when TT release the Ali upgrades this fixes the problem.

For their first effort i am more than impressed with the performance now if i could just get the blades to stay tracked i could just about throw all my other mini helis away. (dragonus excluded as i havent run it this hard to see how it copes)
Old Feb 05, 2007, 03:39 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
Hi Ozace, I was wondering if the TT blade spacers upgrade would help with your blade tracking, they run the full length/width of the grip, I'm guessing your using washers?
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Feb 05, 2007, 03:00 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
pdf, i am using spacers from some 550mm blades. They more than cover the blade root and i have one top and bottom. I cant see how this could possible cause the out of track but i am willing to try anything right now. Can you please link me to the TT blade spacers upgrade so i can order some to try.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 04:15 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
For their first effort i am more than impressed with the performance now )
I'm having a blast with mine! Super stable out of the box and goes where you point it with no bad habits other than the plastic limitations. Threw a TP 4cell lipo on the 10t Neu-1105 in the Mini-T. Fun,fun,fun....
WaterDog is offline Find More Posts by WaterDog
Old Feb 05, 2007, 05:33 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,635 Posts
Hmm I didnt know how big your spacers were, they sound ok, anyway PV0829 comming v soon, I will ask a friend at TT and see if I can get an exact date. Not much help right now I know.

I have one for review..I'm having a great time with it.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Last edited by Pigs dont fly; Feb 05, 2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 05:58 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
they look great, thanks. From what i have seen so far i will end up "fixing" my mini-t. It is showing too much potential to ignore. Looks like i will need to go on a shopping trip real soon.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2006
258 Posts
Quote:
they look great, thanks. From what i have seen so far i will end up "fixing" my mini-t. It is showing too much potential to ignore. Looks like i will need to go on a shopping trip real soon.
damn.. all these positive reviews make me wanner really own one (damn happy with my dragonus SA at the moment). do you know that its so popular here in singapore that all the kits are fully booked even before they arrive. can you beat that?!?
greenh0rn is offline Find More Posts by greenh0rn
Old Feb 05, 2007, 06:40 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Be happy with the SA dragon, it is more sorted helicopter right now. Once TT get to production up and release the upgrades then it may be time to reconsider.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 08:46 PM
Joined Aug 2006
258 Posts
Quote:
Be happy with the SA dragon, it is more sorted helicopter right now. Once TT get to production up and release the upgrades then it may be time to reconsider.
agreed. I used metal parts from the elite (rotor block, main shaft mount, tail boom mount) but keeping the blade grips and control arms plastic (my version of the SA).. and its mighty stable.
greenh0rn is offline Find More Posts by greenh0rn
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:24 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Mini-t came out for a play on the weekend. Powered by the z-power 3800kv motor and a 50 amp esc running Align CF 325's. This thing rocks. Power is impressive and response and agility are beyond anything else i have flown, it could almost be called "nervous". This thing just want to go and go hard.

The concerns i had (and shared above) about the plastic seem to have come true.
Although in one piece still with this much mumbo the blade tracking is all over the place. The higher the headspeed the worse the problem. From a hover to a full all out climb the blades are all over the place. I hope when TT release the Ali upgrades this fixes the problem.

For their first effort i am more than impressed with the performance now if i could just get the blades to stay tracked i could just about throw all my other mini helis away. (dragonus excluded as i havent run it this hard to see how it copes)
Hi Ozace. Which Z-Power motor are you using? Do you have a weblink please?

Also, which would be the absolute best servos and gyro to use with this heli?

Thanks
- Nick
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:52 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/product_...asp?pid=ZP03-2
Link to the motor i am running (australian site) but tppacks has the upgraded version of this motor called a Z10a.

Due to TT lack of vision and shortsightedness i would suggest the TT servos as they drop straight in. I am running a 401 gyro on mine .