HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2007, 06:13 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Discussion
Should you use a 4 or 6 channel Tx?

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Honey Bee CP2 helicopter which comes with the 6CH CCPM transmitter.

Is it preferable to use this transmitter (with an apropriately purchased cable) or purchase for example the 4 channel esky dummy transmitter that can be picked up very cheaply with a simulator?

Can you successfully use a 4 channel tx in simulator programs to simulate a 6 channel tx?

Would it cause 'learning' problems using a 4 channel tx with the simulator and then trying to use a 6 channel tx with the HB CP2 in the real world!

Thanks,

Nigel

I haven't decided on the simulator software yet.
nige-b is offline Find More Posts by nige-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2007, 07:05 PM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
some handle 4 better than others. Some wont take input from a USB device.

at the end of the day the more channels you have the more realistic it will be. CP helis use 5/6 channels for a very good reason.

incase you havnt see it, take a look at

www.phoenix-sim.com

dont take my word for it either;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559220

Ade
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade
Old Jan 03, 2007, 11:32 PM
I can hover a foamy!
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Dec 2006
157 Posts
When flying in any sim, you ought to get the controls as close as possible to what you'll be using in real life. FS One makes a big deal out of reassigning any channels that you don't have to the keyboard. But then what will happen when you're out of control, near crash, and your instinctive muscle-memory tells you to reach for the keyboard to autorotate (just for example?)

If I'm flying anything more than a 4-channel foamy, I always want to plug my real Tx in to the sim... keep it real!

-Case
CanCanCase is offline Find More Posts by CanCanCase