HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 01, 2007, 08:15 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Discussion
Finished but still working

Got a few pictures of my finished Mini Bird of Prey from Edge RC. Was going to maiden it today....new years day, but wind and cold got the better of me and probably lucky that it did.. Anyway, excited about finishing it and can't wait to fly it. Its going to be pushed along by a Hacker B20 26L and a 4.75 x5.5 apc prop and a 3 cell 2100 or a 3cell 1200 and 2 0z of lead in a baggie.. LOL...

Other notable points.. finally figured out how to mount the fan and ducting in the Fat Cat EDF modification that I'm working on. Note the 2 strips of Bluecore and up under the intake tube, the popsicle sticks used to spread the fuse bottom apart for more room. Should be able to mount the rest of the fuse and the wings in the next day or so.. It's going to be really nice..
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2007, 09:51 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
More Fat Cat Pics

Well, you get the idea... almost to the final stages...should be really cool looking.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2007, 01:50 AM
Joined Dec 2006
91 Posts
The Fat Cat in your second post looks fantastic!!! Where did you get the foam? And how did you assemble it?

Sincerely

-Mr. Pimp
Mr. Pimp is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Pimp
Last edited by Mr. Pimp; Jan 09, 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:25 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Fat Cat Cont..

Mr. Pimp,
The Fat Cat is a adaptation of the Cat series which has been transformed by RCG member "Vyceroy". I can't remember if the plans are still in the kit foamies or the DIY section or the Parkflyers section, but if you do a search for "Fat Cat", you will likely be led to the plans that Vyceroy posted. Its a full airfoiled folded wing and fuselage design that I am adapting to EDF. He has been kind enough to help me along with it. I'll try to find out where the plans are and send you a PM. The foam is just the one sided protection board, blue foam with the shiny side out. Following is some new pictures of the nose and the intake section. I can finish it the rest of the way as soon as I get this part smooth and looking good. Thanks for the reply.

Bo
RCG Plus Member