HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:19 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
I was thinking the same thing RB.I like bigger and it should scale up nicely. Soundman do you have a full pdf file of it untiled?

Jason
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
As long as someone builds it I'll be happy ...if anyone finds any errors let me know & I'll fix them.

Robin - I worked the canopy out while drawing the plan on the computer, first I drew the fuselage profile that I wanted. The I had to work out the extra foam needed to cover the curve - the rear section was easy as it has a semicircular profile at the top - simple mathematics to work that out......for the canopy & nose section I worked out the length needed by drawing lots of short 2mm lines around the former curve - & then straightened them to give me the extra length needed......it took about 5 mins per former - then its a case of altering the outline to match. If you look at the fuz on the plan it'll make more sense - it shows the outer line to cut to (with the extra curve allowance), then it also shows the final fuselage outline that I started from originally.

Hot glue should work fine - but you'll probably have less work time & hot fingers....not sure about weight differences either when compared to UHU POR.
soundman is offline Find More Posts by soundman
Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:24 PM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
I was thinking the same thing RB.I like bigger and it should scale up nicely. Soundman do you have a full pdf file of it untiled?

Jason

It should scale up fine - I don't have a full pdf, but I can easily make one - even scale it up to a size that you specify if you want.....you will need to alter cutout sizes to match obviously though.

I was planning on making a larger one in the spring/summer with a built up wing....that might be a way forward.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 01:31 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
if you want just put up the size it is right now in a full pdf and I can resize it myself need to go thru my motors and see what I can use........

Jason
Old Dec 31, 2006, 02:21 PM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
OK I've added a single page file on the same page as the other files - that should do you.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 02:30 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Cool and thanks , I'm waiting for some WBPU to fully cure so I have time..........plus it will give ma e chance to get a good work out on adobe pro 8.....upgraded from 6

Jason
Old Dec 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Thanks, Soundman. Beautiful plane and the build guide is terrific.
FirstShirt is offline Find More Posts by FirstShirt
Old Dec 31, 2006, 05:38 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Soundman if you would remove all security issues on your PDF's next time......that way I don't have to .

Jason
Old Dec 31, 2006, 05:43 PM
I love me some Blucore!
Madcity, Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2006
263 Posts
Im starting one tonight!
Ndforspeed is offline Find More Posts by Ndforspeed
Old Dec 31, 2006, 07:17 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,500 Posts
OK I think I check the whole thread !

My browser does NOT like either ckick for the plans.

Saya something like Errors in document - sort kinda like that

So Is it fixed somewhere ?
Or are we still waiting ?

No hurries just wondering ?

Thanx in advance
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Jan 01, 2007, 03:42 AM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Soundman if you would remove all security issues on your PDF's next time......that way I don't have to .

Jason
You're supposed to be printing them - not copying data off the drawings thats why....trying to maintain control of my work.

There are no problems with the links or files - if you are still having issues, PM your email address & I will email them over.

I look forward to seeing some progress from some of the builds
Old Jan 01, 2007, 09:32 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
No problems but when you resize them the security stuff has to be off..........I got it cranked up to a 42 inch wing span..........so the page is 36" wide and 74" long.

Jason
Old Jan 01, 2007, 09:57 AM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
42" ought to be interesting....I'd like to see that one! What gear are you going to put in that?
Old Jan 01, 2007, 10:02 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Not sure yet......plan on going with full wing....I'lll have to make it outta Blu Cor......I have an Ultra fly Bl outrunner that's made for an 11x7 at like almost 400 watts......I'm thinkin' it would be well siuted for a plane like this lots of extra power........

Jason
Old Jan 01, 2007, 10:07 AM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
That should do it - plenty of power....it'll be interesting to see what sort of weight it'll come out at.