HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2006, 06:46 AM
Moody, AL
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Discussion
Hello Everyone

My name is Wayne. I'm new to this hobby and wanted to introduce myself.

I've attached some pics of my helis. I can fly the Picco Z and Micro Mosquito indoors fairly well and the CX2 indoors or out(with no wind).

Fying the CP Pro is another story.

I enjoy working on these things. It's a good thing, because I consistently crash the CP Pro.

I enjoy reading the posts on this forum. They are very informative and seem to cover everything anyone would need to know about the hobby.

Wayne
wayedov is offline Find More Posts by wayedov
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:00 AM
Mom says I'm special...
Aurora, CO
Joined Apr 2003
2,562 Posts
Welcome, Wayne!

That's a sweet-looking CP-Pro, which alum. head is that?

-Roman
beafraid8 is offline Find More Posts by beafraid8
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:46 AM
Moody, AL
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Thanks

It is a Micro-Heli Head. I picked it up at a local hobby shop in Huntsville, AL. I bought it, set it on the shelf for about 2 weeks before I got the nerve to install it. Turned out to be easier than I thought it would be.

Have a great day!
Wayne
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:48 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,965 Posts
Hi Wayne,

like I said before, that is a good looking Pro with the aluminum head. It must be nice having stores near (at least work) that stock this sort of stuff. I'm in a void over here so online is my only option.

Do you use training gear on the Pro or did you? I never asked?

Cheers
John
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
Moody, AL
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Hey John

I use the training gear most of the time. It has saved me many times. Unfortunately, it didn't save me this morning. I crashed in the wind this morning and broke the body. I'm going to the hobby shop shortly to pick up another. I flew it around the garage without the body and all else seems good(except the blades, of course).

Wayne
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,965 Posts
I'll admit I have flown often with a canopy. How bad did you get the blades? With this said if that is all that broke you are doing good. Check her over carefully after each crash and from time to time check to make sure all screws are tight.

Cheers

btw, what electronics is in the Pro?
Old Jan 01, 2007, 09:24 PM
Moody, AL
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
The CPP comes with a brushed 370 motor. My next upgrade will be the Park 370 brushless. They have them locally for about $50 for just the motor. I haven't priced the controller and other required items yet.

We've had lots of company for the last couple of days, so I haven't flown much. I hope to get back in the air tomorrow.

Wayne
Old Jan 02, 2007, 12:49 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,965 Posts
Make sure you get the right motor. THe park 370 comes in an outrunner and an inrunner version each with different Kva ratings. I don't know which you need so check it out.

Does it have seperate receiver and gyro or are they on one board?
Old Jan 02, 2007, 03:45 PM
Moody, AL
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Hey John

The CPP requires a Park 370 Brushless Inrunner Motor - 4100 Kv. I looks like I'll have to buy the harnesses, 20 amp brushless ESC, heat sink and pinion gear to complete the installation.

I believe the CPP has a standard rate gyro in the 3 in 1 unit. E-Flite has a G90 Heading Lock & Standard Rate gyro available as an add-on upgrade. What do you think? Do you think the G90 is something a newbie like me should add on?

Wayne
Old Jan 03, 2007, 09:49 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,965 Posts
All I can say is I LOVE heading lock. It makes hovering much easier given you don't hae to worry much about the tail. You do however have to use the tail more in forward flight given it will stay pointed in one direction (try to at least) even while you try to turn. This is what the sim is good for IMO. I use the rudder more than ever now due to flying the sim.

Darn I've got to get a Shogun in the air soon. I was looking at one last night and seeing how to get the belt tail conversion to work with the titanium frame. I'll see if maybe I can get one together this weekend. I have two brand new 1700 mA packs.

See ya soon
JB