SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Discussion
Can I use a 146iP PCM RX with the stock Blade 3 in 1?

I have a Blade CP Pro and wanted to use my Futaba PCM 146iP instead of eFlight PPM RX . I swapped out the PPM RX for the 146iP, all servos move correctly, but tail rotor doesn't function like it did with the PPM RX.

Servo output (pulse width) shouldn't change between PCM and PPM so I guess I am asking will the stock Blade CP Pro 3 in 1 work with a PCM receiver?

thanks
DonA
DonA is offline Find More Posts by DonA
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:06 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonA
I guess I am asking will the stock Blade CP Pro 3 in 1 work with a PCM receiver?
Yes, it sure will. I fly my CP2 with an E-Flite 3-in-1 and a JR 770 PCM receiver. Works fine!

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:06 PM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
That's the set-up I am using presently with no problems. What is the tail doing that's different? Are you using a separate gyro?
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:33 AM
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letcraft
That's the set-up I am using presently with no problems. What is the tail doing that's different? Are you using a separate gyro?

Using the 3 in 1 gyro but the tail rotor quits spinning if I give it any more than half stick right rudder.

DonA
Old Dec 29, 2006, 01:20 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,506 Posts
That almost sounds like the rudder channel is reversed? The tail motor on mine stops spinning with left rudder....

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 29, 2006, 01:43 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts
I have JR 790 Rx, stock 3-in-1 and HH Gyro (G90).

I connected the G90 inputs to Rx.Rudder (for rudder) and Rx.Aux2 (for gain). Works like a charm.
InsomniaZZZ is offline Find More Posts by InsomniaZZZ
Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:00 PM
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
That almost sounds like the rudder channel is reversed? The tail motor on mine stops spinning with left rudder....

-Chris
I checked that and the direction is correct. Just swapping receivers shouldn't change servo direction but I checked it anyway. It's got me stymied right now, I don't know what to check next.

DonA
Old Dec 30, 2006, 02:56 AM
RALEIGH, NC
Joined Feb 2006
983 Posts
Is your tail motor plugged in backwards? Tail motor wired backwards?
Crash549 is offline Find More Posts by Crash549
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:09 AM
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash549
Is your tail motor plugged in backwards? Tail motor wired backwards?
No, tailrotor is running correct direction. Everything else also goes correct direction, but when I install the 146iP PCM RX, tail rotor quits spinning when you get to about 1/2 right stick.

I plugged a servo into the rudder channel on both RXs and the servo works correctly with both RXs. Got a real puzzle here.

All I can think of is the 3 in 1 is picking up some other signal or pulse width variant that confuses the gyro function.

DonA
Old Jan 05, 2007, 10:30 PM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Tried to help ol' Don out through PMs' he initiated. Here's what I got for the trouble:

Nope, already checked that and just rechecked. Rudder channel direction is correct.

BEEEEEEEEEP, thanks for playing our game!!!!

Don
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Old Jan 05, 2007, 11:21 PM
Joined Feb 2006
658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letcraft
Tried to help ol' Don out through PMs' he initiated. Here's what I got for the trouble:

Nope, already checked that and just rechecked. Rudder channel direction is correct.

BEEEEEEEEEP, thanks for playing our game!!!!

Don
Letcraft,

Sorry for my smart@$$ reply, I was kidding but rereading my email, I can understand your reaction. Just a saying we use when we have been chasing a problem and the latest solution didn't work either.

Don