SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jun 2002
303 Posts
Has anyone done testing in carbon airframes, or airframes with alot of carbon fiber in them?

I am talking about higher performance sailplanes, hotliners, etc.

I have a DX7 and so far love it with all my smaller stuff, but wondering about a larger RES class sailplane I have.

It would also seem logical that they would be coming out with a 9303 based SS radio soon, at least I hope.
Chipwillis is offline Find More Posts by Chipwillis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,499 Posts
Horizon says it is no issue - but I have not tested a molded CF ship.....so I can't say...

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer
Mike,

Only thing I see on this system is that the AR7000 comes in at a slightly higher weight then the AR6000. If one was looking to watch the weight on a smaller electric setup the AR6000 would be the better option.
Tim,

Horizon will also have the 3.5 Gram AR6100 receiver for use with the DX7 in parkflyers. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100
gwh is offline Find More Posts by gwh
Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:59 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2003
387 Posts
Great effort from Spektrum, but disappointing that flight modes (1 or2) cannot be selected from software and and from other threads there seems to be a heat/power problem requiring a more efficient voltage regulator?
Discharger is offline Find More Posts by Discharger
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:28 PM
Norman, OK
Joined Jan 2005
695 Posts
The lack of mode 1/mode 2 selectability may be a problem for some people but the voltage regulator is most definitely not a problem... changing it to a switching regulator is a mod undertaken by thrillseekers who don't mind voiding their warranties and feel the need to run their tx continuously for 9 hours instead of 6.
JustinG is offline Find More Posts by JustinG
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:14 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,075 Posts
Chrome Monokote Not a Problem

I am building an electric powered 48"w/s Cessna 140. I contacted Horizon/Spectrum to ask if chrome monokote would interfere with DX-6 transmitter signals, they assured me that there would be no problems. This is a relief in that chrome Monokote scrubbed with a green Scotchbrite pad gives a scale-like alumininum look or leave it alone for a polished aluminum mirror look.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:25 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
Yep we do the same but for $50 most opt for the $120 worth of digital servos to use in another project and I hate getting stuck with tons of open servos and we just don't like selling opened servos that have been taken out of boxed sets. Our customers always question this even though a lot of folks don't mind.

We have on the other hand been asking for and will continue to ask for a "Factory" packed version without the servos.
CW
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:44 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
charge polarity

I wonder if the transmitter charge plug is still reversed in the DX7, compared to all the other brands of radios? I have never seen any sense in that.. But I guess if this fills my need for the rest of my life it won't matter. Brian Smith
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Last edited by BrianSmith; Dec 22, 2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:54 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,499 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if the transmitter charge plug is still reversed in the DX7, compared to all the other brands of radios?
It is - as pointed out one of my few negative views.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:59 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
polarity

Thanks.. I read the review again and see it is as you say. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
It is - as pointed out one of my few negative views.....
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:31 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh
Tim,

Horizon will also have the 3.5 Gram AR6100 receiver for use with the DX7 in parkflyers. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100
Cool!! I did not notice that, I appreiciate the link.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:53 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,075 Posts
Range of AR6100?

Will the AR6100 have the full range of the DX-7 receiver, the ad looks as if it might have same range as DX-6 receiver.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:58 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Will the AR6100 have the full range of the DX-7 receiver, the ad looks as if it might have same range as DX-6 receiver.
No it is single RX and is parkie indoor use only. It is DSM2, small and very light.

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
No it is single RX and is parkie indoor use only. It is DSM2, small and very light.

Mike
That's disappointing.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Dec 23, 2006, 08:13 AM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,821 Posts
FIrst Mike, nice review with a lot of useful information.

While I appreciate the larger NiCad pack in the transmitter. I've been upgrading my transmitters (which will be for sale shortly) with 3S LiPo/Lithium ION packs. The voltage is a bit higher than a typical Nicad. I know I've voided my warantee, but do you know if this would damage the Spektrum systems? I wasn't sure if the circuits would handle the extra voltage.

-Jim
Jim Young is offline Find More Posts by Jim Young