HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:35 AM
EPP Killer
Huntsville, TX
Joined Mar 2006
274 Posts
Discussion
Belt drive tail questions. seems like it doesnt engage

I set my Raptor G2 (walkera 36) down pretty hard the other day and ever since, the heli just spins on spool up no matter how much rudder I give it. I am wondering if it has something to do with the gear at the main gear. I have never had one of these apart, so I am not sure exactly what to look for. The tail rotor spins, but seems like it has no force to push the tail and you can stop it with your finger.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
RC-newbie is offline Find More Posts by RC-newbie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:26 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,417 Posts
Sounds like either the tail drive belt is stripped, or the tail drive gear isn't engaging the main gear. It could also just be that the belt tension is too loose. Those are things to start with... Wish I could be more help, but I've never played with a Walkera.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is offline Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:40 AM
EPP Killer
Huntsville, TX
Joined Mar 2006
274 Posts
thanks JPC, how do you tighten the belt?
RC-newbie is offline Find More Posts by RC-newbie