HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:25 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
No problem. Not to get too far off topic here, go over to this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=99 I added some pictures there.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:19 AM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
No problem. Not to get too far off topic here, go over to this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=99 I added some pictures there.
Thx a bunch...the pics really helped...looks pretty straightforward, compact, and reliable, so I will use your approach.
Thx for sharing the info...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:57 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
That is a great way to do a Y connector. I would only suggest Epoxy though for gluing them together. Any soft glue would allow the connectors to move enough that it could break the solder joints over time. With hard epoxy, you dont have any stress on your solder joints.

Jettpilot
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:47 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
That is a great way to do a Y connector. I would only suggest Epoxy though for gluing them together. Any soft glue would allow the connectors to move enough that it could break the solder joints over time. With hard epoxy, you dont have any stress on your solder joints.

Jettpilot
Good point. You don't want those solder connections breaking loose. Mine is filled with epoxy, and should last a long time.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:49 AM
Spain / Argentina
Joined Mar 2007
186 Posts
Well, I come Back to Spain from Argentina.
I had been invited to show the FPV in a great meeting: XIII Aeromodelling Festival Camilo Aldao ( Argentina ).
There was 1500 people, 300 models and 270 pilots.
The FPV was present!
Argentina is a country with a big development in Aeromodelling but the FPV is not know.

I called this Flight: "ARGENTINA 1000 MTS ( 3000 feets) Altitude NIGHT"
( I broke the FPV world night record??? )

Is the first FPV flight video in Argentina

Like the majority dont know about this country I will write a short description of the area.
The Festival was in the middle of "THE PAMPAS". It is the land of "the Gaucho" ( a cowboy) where the plain extends thousands of kilometers. Is like a "sea of green" of fertile land. You will see in the video the soybean´s plantations.
The next town closer was 30 Kms! ( 15 miles ). Was summer and the thermal pushed the model to the skies.

I hope you enjoy with this video ( 7 minutes ) from Argentina
Sergio00
SERVER 1:
http://www.fileflyer.com/view/GSzsPAa

SERVER 2:
http://www.uploading.com/files/KQ1EAEW7/Ar...night.divx.html
Note: The video need DivX codec

sergio00 is offline Find More Posts by sergio00
Last edited by sergio00; Mar 28, 2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2004
836 Posts
Wow, I think you may have the WORLD record for EZ* Altitude!
rob10000 is offline Find More Posts by rob10000
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:01 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
1,143 Posts
What a beautiful video, absolutely stunning area, and completely still air!

Looks like the same crop farmed as far as the eye can see.
AnthonyRC is offline Find More Posts by AnthonyRC
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:02 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
[quote] Wow, I think you may have the WORLD record for EZ* Altitude! [quote]

Yeah not surprising though. Sergio's has always been intellectually advanced in this.

I wonder if JETPILOT has some videos of his high alt, long range flights. He always comes to my mind when it come to advance & extreme flying. It must be nice to have a fully loaded plane that returns to you in case you lose radio contact!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Last edited by JMSTECH; Mar 14, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
Azeitao, Portugal
Joined Nov 2004
26 Posts
I really have to change the way i land my planes.
Sorry about quality, but see the place were i fly gliders.

FPV in Azeitão Portugal (1 min 37 sec)
Luis Gabriel is offline Find More Posts by Luis Gabriel
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
[QUOTE=JMSTECH][quote] Wow, I think you may have the WORLD record for EZ* Altitude!
Quote:

Yeah not surprising though. Sergio's has always been intellectually advanced in this.

I wonder if JETPILOT has some videos of his high alt, long range flights. He always comes to my mind when it come to advance & extreme flying. It must be nice to have a fully loaded plane that returns to you in case you lose radio contact!
I have never had to use the auto feature to come back, something really bad would have to happen if I ever have to depend on that to get my plane back, it would give me a heart attack I think But its nice to know its there if I need it. I will be posting some stuff here one day, I have lots of neat video you will love that is different from what I have posted in the past, its just a matter of getting it edited and posting it.

JettPilot
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:39 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
So JettPilot, I think you are setting goals for others who is trying to fly more than your 6KM. Sergio00 made 3.3km. Is it your JR equipment or skills and techniques? What ever it is I'm impressed big time by your long range flying! So anyhow JP I look forward to watching your videos with the smooth music!!!!

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:43 AM
67N2F
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2005
229 Posts
My first FPV flights

OK here are a couple of my very first FPV flights. My knees were shaking so bad after the first one I had to sit down for a while before going back up.

2 minutes - 10mb

13 minutes - 55mb

I still need to refine some of the equipment, but thats half the fun!!

Thanks to the members of this forum for making it possible.

Rob
robmoll is offline Find More Posts by robmoll
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoll
OK here are a couple of my very first FPV flights. My knees were shaking so bad after the first one I had to sit down for a while before going back up.

2 minutes - 10mb

13 minutes - 55mb

I still need to refine some of the equipment, but thats half the fun!!

Thanks to the members of this forum for making it possible.

Rob
Nice! Welcome to the fun, Rob. Thinking of selling your Blade yet? I am.

What equipment are you using, again?

Note to self: tie knees together before flight.
Mangus is offline Find More Posts by Mangus
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
67N2F
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Nice! Welcome to the fun, Rob. Thinking of selling your Blade yet? I am.
I don't plan on selling either of my BCP's or the HoneyBee Cool. I just couldn't! I will admit that since discovering fpv I don't fly anything else (occasionally the GWS TM400).

Quote:
What equipment are you using, again?
Easy Star
• Eflite "Six Series" 2700kv inrunner
• 40A Eflite ESC
• Master Airscrew 3-blade 6x4 Pusher Prop
• TP 2100 3S Prolite
• HS-81MG servos
• Berg 7P receiver
• 100mw video transmitter
• 1/3 CCD Sony board camera
• Homemade pan/tilt
• Anthony’s Head Tracker
• FH510 Video Headset
• Homemade Landing Gear (steerable tail)
• Futaba 9chp super synth
• Video amp/splitter
• Sony camcorder
This thing has so much power it accelerates like a freakin' rocket during takeoff. The sound is awesome!

Quote:
Note to self: tie knees together before flight.
I love the fact that at age 49 I can still have something affect me like that! I know it will gradually go away - I'll miss the exhileration.

Rob
robmoll is offline Find More Posts by robmoll
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:12 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoll

I love the fact that at age 49 I can still have something affect me like that! I know it will gradually go away - I'll miss the exhileration.

Rob
I will remember for ever my first FPV flight, me too my knees was shacking, I was exhaust after a 5 minutes flight. Because I got only two weeks of standard flying before FPV, it taked me a while before be confortable. The Easystar will help you a lot because the plane is reliable and hard to broke, I was using unreliable two stroke motor with 5 pounds planes, I was nervous never knowing when the motor will quit

I take-off again last Sunday for the first time since severals months. I made the few firsts flight of the CAP232. I was nervous too, I work since severals months on my two planes, and it was the second time I tried my new goggle inflight, the first time I crashed my planes in a tree and it end my flight season

The quality of the picture in the video goggle is very good and the quality of reception is awesome. I used a standard 3dbi antenna on the receiver, the planes stay in visual range.

I already fly during two years aerobatic planes using goggle, but the cams was fix, this year the cam is in the cockpit and move, it's a lot different, and a lot better. The goal is not to see things on the ground, it's 100% technic, I will practice to do perfect roll, loop, hammer head etc so I don't need to go far and I don't need a beautifull landscape to watch and I don't need perfect weather, it's very differents from the Easystar. I will also continue to make videos with my Easystar, with the new equipement,it open new feild to me.

Here the video of the third flight of my CAP232, you will have to enter the three letter to dowload
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=DFFN6G9A
or watch in poor quality on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzpwNnsnuos
p.s. battery was not full charge, plane have a lot more power.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Closed Thread