to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:29 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXI Motor Models
twinturbostang, that was excellent! Do you know the name of the music in the second half of the video?
Sent a reply to your PM, but for anyone else that was curious...

The Matrix Reloaded, Rob Dougan - Chateau
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
A little fun in the snow....

www.twinturbostang.com/rc/Let_It_Snow_480x360.wmv

Three flights, from two locations. All done via FPV flying (including launch/landings). At one point it got pretty cloudy/foggy and I had to bring her back in. I'm actually hoping we will get more snow. It was pretty fun. But this is the extent of the snow we've gotten so far this season.

Combo...
TwinStarII
Dual 400F brushless, APC 6x4 props
Dual Thunderbird 18 ESC's
ThunderPower 3S2P 4200mAh
FMA FS8 receiver
KPC-S226 camera (KX-131)
BWAV 600mW Tx/Rx
whip antennas and GP Patch (depends on location)
Last edited by twinturbostang; Jan 30, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:13 PM
67N2F
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Very nice! Looks like you're definitely getting 180 degrees out of the pan servo.

Man! I can't wait. Assembling the EZ* now and watching the weather. I still need to get a diversity receiver. Hoping AnthonyRC comes out with something soon.

Nice flying Twin!
robmoll is offline Find More Posts by robmoll
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:44 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Yep, the 180 servo mod is working quite well.

BTW, I am not running a diversity receiver. Just the standard BlackWidow (Lawmate) receiver. In the first segment of video, I was using a GP patch antenna. Second segment was using a standard 3dbi whip antenna.
Old Feb 01, 2007, 03:09 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,432 Posts
Here is a video from Yesterday. This was shot late evening, sun had just set, and light was starting to get low, but the KPC 650 camera makes it look like day This is a rectangular course of about 4 miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk9MoRBO1PA

Enjoy

JettPilot
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 09, 2007, 07:04 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
This topic does not appear anywhere, we need search tool to find it. I think it will be a good idea to put a sticky on it, so everyone can put their videos here, it will be easier to find.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Mar 09, 2007, 02:18 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
This topic does not appear anywhere, we need search tool to find it. I think it will be a good idea to put a sticky on it, so everyone can put their videos here, it will be easier to find.
Yes I wanted to post my last video in this forum but I didnīt find this post so I posted it just for an example of the osd in your topic Vrflyer
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Mar 09, 2007, 06:36 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
Most of the topics we start disappear after few week, because only four pages of topics are kept, you will not find the fifth page. But the topic are somewhere in the memory because when we do a search, they reappear. It's why I think a sticky on this topic will be good because everyone will post their videos at the same topic and do no start new one.
Can someone explain me why only four pages are kept ?
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Mar 09, 2007, 09:07 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
Can someone explain me why only four pages are kept ?
I think it defaults to only showing the last month of threads. You can change that near the bottom of the page when you are looking at the main Video Piloting thread list.
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 09, 2007, 11:36 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Yeah, that works. Select show threads from the beginning. Click "show threads", and then you'll see there are 7 pages of threads.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:58 AM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber-flyer
Here are some of my old videos flying helicopter FPV. In all the cases it's pure FPV, including take offs and landings. For the winter flight and the moonlight flight I was actually sitting inside my car while piloting the heli. The heli (XCell gas) has Carvec stabilization system and it was used on portions of the first flight and most of the moonlight flight.
Cheers.

3000 ft flight:
http://www.cyber-flyer.com/gallery/r...on_1500kbs.WMV

Flying in winter:
http://www.cyber-flyer.com/gallery/1214_video.wmv

Flying under the moonlight:
http://www.cyber-flyer.com/gallery/Moonflight.wmv
Nice videos....very nice. Just wondering which OSD you are using?...and is the airspeed, altitude, and other info being supplied by gps or some other unit?

I have a Raptor 50 with OS Hyper 50, and a Raptor 60 I modified by installing gas 90-size engine. Which heli was used in your videos?
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:

www.twinturbostang.com/rc/Let_It_Snow_480x360.wmv

Three flights, from two locations. All done via FPV flying (including launch/landings). At one point it got pretty cloudy/foggy and I had to bring her back in. I'm actually hoping we will get more snow. It was pretty fun. But this is the extent of the snow we've gotten so far this season.

Combo...
TwinStarII
Dual 400F brushless, APC 6x4 props
Dual Thunderbird 18 ESC's
ThunderPower 3S2P 4200mAh
FMA FS8 receiver
KPC-S226 camera (KX-131)
BWAV 600mW Tx/Rx
whip antennas and GP Patch (depends on location)
Nice setup....and nice video also. I was looking up the TP 3S2P 4200 pack on the Hobby Lobby website, and they indicate it is essentially two 2100 packs wired in parallel. I have several TP 2100 ProLite 3S packs, and was wondering if I could simply solder a harness that would allow two 2100 3S packs to be plugged in, and the output leads would still be just a single positive and a single ground, and the output voltage would still be 11.1, but the current capacity would now be doubled to 4200 mah. Does this sound like it would work correctly?
BTW: Does your setup use a single 4200 lipo to drive both ESC's, or is there a 4200 lipo per/ESC ? Also, about how much flight duration do you get from this setup when flying "normal"...i.e. not much aerobatic stuff?
Thx...
ob1
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Sorry, I should have clarified. It's actually two 2100mAh packs wired in parallel, hence 4200mAh. Tie both positive leads together and both negatives together and you've now got a 3S2P pack. I thought about hard wiring them both together. But I use the packs individually for other planes. So I made a custom Deans adapter that I plug both into and has one set of output pins. This allows me to easily separate the packs for when I'm flying my other planes. I've got a picture of it somewhere. I'll try to find it.

The way I have it set up in my TwinStar, is both packs run together, then a single set of wires (+/-) runs up to the wing, where it splits again to each ESC in the wing pannels. There are several ways of configuring the power system, but I felt this was the best way to do it. You could run one dedicated pack to each ESC. However, I thought that there was the chance that one pack could drain faster than the other (espeically if one pack is in better condition than the other). This would cause problems with an offset thrust causing the plane to yaw. So it's better to run both motors off the same pack.

Flight duration? Hmm. I've gotten 15-20 minutes of spirited flying. At cruise throttle settings, I'm sure it would go over 30 minutes. It will cruise at 1/4 throttle. Yet it pulls 43Amps total at full throttle! So that severely limits your flying time.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:38 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I should have clarified. It's actually two 2100mAh packs wired in parallel, hence 4200mAh. Tie both positive leads together and both negatives together and you've now got a 3S2P pack. I thought about hard wiring them both together. But I use the packs individually for other planes. So I made a custom Deans adapter that I plug both into and has one set of output pins. This allows me to easily separate the packs for when I'm flying my other planes. I've got a picture of it somewhere. I'll try to find it.

The way I have it set up in my TwinStar, is both packs run together, then a single set of wires (+/-) runs up to the wing, where it splits again to each ESC in the wing pannels. There are several ways of configuring the power system, but I felt this was the best way to do it. You could run one dedicated pack to each ESC. However, I thought that there was the chance that one pack could drain faster than the other (espeically if one pack is in better condition than the other). This would cause problems with an offset thrust causing the plane to yaw. So it's better to run both motors off the same pack.

Flight duration? Hmm. I've gotten 15-20 minutes of spirited flying. At cruise throttle settings, I'm sure it would go over 30 minutes. It will cruise at 1/4 throttle. Yet it pulls 43Amps total at full throttle! So that severely limits your flying time.
Thx for the quick response. I will likely use the same approach. I want to use my 2100 lipo's for my other planes also, so I wanted to make sure it was ok to simply "plug" them into a custom-made deans harness. I didn't want to have to go buy a whole other set of 4200 lipo's....lots of $$$ to do that
Thx...
ob1
Closed Thread