Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 11, 2007, 09:49 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _helitron_

Have attached several photos of the collected parts for this project (fuselage, wings, power plant).

Greets, Erwin
Ewrin,

I really like the looks of that plane, is that your own design ? Where did you get the wings and fuse from ???

JettPilot
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
Multicopter/FPV/UAV/HAM
Austria, Stmk., Neudau
Joined Jun 2006
823 Posts
Hi Jett,

nice to hear from you, I really like also all your self-made planes and specially your exciting videos ! Unfortunately we don't have such a wide areas without buildings and streets here in Austria as in your neighborhood. So it is a bit difficult to fly around with goggles .

According to my project, as I mentioned before in my posts I just try to build a semiscale copy of the well known UAV Aerosonde (www.aerosonde.com), see attached photo also. Aerosonde was the first UAV that flew over the atlantic ocean in 1998. As I'm a fan of double boom pushers I decided to build such a plane as an successor for my good old TwinStar II. Currently I'm collecting all the necessary stuff for the project.

The wings are from a full glass fibre sailplane that was lying around in my cellar since over ten years. The wingspan is 2,5 m (8' approx.), original Aerosonde is 2,9 m, and was manufactured in the Czech Republik as I remember.

The foam fuse on the picture is from a Partenavia/Funliner kit of a german manufacturer (http://www.freescale.de/html/funliner.html) but in the meantime I found a guy in germany with a self-made plane with a glass fibre fuse similar to Aerosonde much better suitable for my project as the Partenavia fuse (see attached photo). He promised me to build a second fuse for me .

Erwin
_helitron_ is offline Find More Posts by _helitron_
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:32 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Really nice, that deserves his own buiding thread
AndrésMtnez is offline Find More Posts by AndrésMtnez
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:42 AM
Multicopter/FPV/UAV/HAM
Austria, Stmk., Neudau
Joined Jun 2006
823 Posts
Maybe Andrés !

A thread in german is already running here:

http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/thre...htuser=&page=1

Greets, Erwin
Last edited by _helitron_; Jan 19, 2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:20 AM
3 mi.south of mt Blanca,CO. 2 mi. out of the town of Blanca.
Joined Mar 2006
404 Posts
Upgrading from AP to FPV/RPV "Wide Body Super Kadet"

HiAll,I'm new to this form of flying and will be learning as much as I can this winter so by Spring I'll be prepared and try to avoid any suprises.I have been working on aerial video useing my scratch built "WBS Kadet".It's from Sig Kadet Senior plans and bashed to death The following changes were made in order to accomodate my ancient Sony Hi8(2lb. video camera):
wing span increased from 78" to 86"
stab&rudder control surfaces increased in size by 10% and aero-ballanced
Fus width increased from3.5" to 6.75"
Fus height from 4' to 7"
tail-dragger instead of trike (custom main gear from 6061 T6)
Ailerons and flaps/polyhedral wing/plug-in tip panels and bolt-on
Pull-Pull rudder
AXI 4130/20,CC 80A ESC,5s3p 6700 LIPO,20x13 APC-e blade
Camera:Aiptek 5100M pocket camcorder/512 meg SD card
I originally re-designed the Kadet to cary 3-4# of payload and replaced the 2# Sony Hi8 with the Aiptek cam Anyway,here's a few pics of the camera ship.I'm just now finishing my smaller dedicated camera ship and will post pics of it if there's any interest.Here's the specs on the new one:
Span----52"/740 sq.in.
Length over-all-50"
AXI 2826/10
AUW with Aiptek Pocket X-3#12oz.
Rich K "Zooming-arount @ 8000' ASL in the Colorado Rockies"
8kasl is offline Find More Posts by 8kasl
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2004
418 Posts
would it be possible, with the lightest gear available to put a pan up/down/side to side camera *smallest one available with sound if possible* on a motorized paragliding figure? I'm building a back pack paraglider model with a 12 inch tall figure and using carbon fiber hollow tubes for the back pack frame to strap the figure in. The camera will be one of the smaller variety *color and sound if possible* I'm trying to keep weight down as the whole thing needs to come in at just under 2 lbs. I'm using a brushless 400 park motor from Eflite and a gearbox swinging a 8 inch three blade gws prop.
spinbotz is offline Find More Posts by spinbotz
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
Joined Jul 2004
418 Posts
Additional info: Parawing is a 6 ft stunt kite converted to paragliding capability. *thunderfoil series* pack will run off a 3 cell lipo pack either behind or below the seat of the figure's motor pack. protective prop ring around prop to prevent lines from snarling in prop.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
I don't have exact weights in front of me, but assuming you build your own tilt and pan out of 3/32 birch ply, using something like Hitec 55's you can probably get away for less than three ounces in video gear including the tilt and pan. Dunno about the mic. One came with my 200 mw tx, but not with my 50 mw. I've done fine with a 50 mw tx and it would probably keep your total weight closer to two ounces.

I got my 50 mw from BWAV. He no longer sells the cased ones and I suspect that when the uncased ones are gone that will be it for 50 mw.

As for range, I have been using a dual patch with a diversity rx on the ground and I get a strong signal as far away as I am comfortable flying my pico Tiger Moth by visual contact. I haven't been out of range with goggles, but that's because my spotter/safety pilot yells at me when he starts to have trouble seeing the plane. Never had a problem then either, on just 50 mw, and I was using a plain rx and 8 dBi patch then.

Hope this gets you off the ground.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:48 PM
Joined Jul 2004
418 Posts
Thanks Pete, and it sounds like you've got a nice setup. I'll have to figure out the rest myself. I have a design idea I'll draw out tonight and share with everyone here *might've already been done* but using the smallest servos available, I can make a very compact tilt/pan system that will sit just in front of the figure in his lap.
Old Feb 01, 2007, 04:06 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
This is my current FPV bird.

Plane:
Multiplex TwinStarII
Two 400F brushless motors (rc-dymond.com, justgofly.com, etc)
Two APC 6x4E props
Two CC Thunderbird 18 ESC's
Two ThunderPower 3S 2100 Lipos in parallel (3S2P 4200)
FMA FS8 Rx (will soon be testing with a Berg 7P)
Dimension Engineering ParkBEC

Video:
BlackWidowAV 600mW Tx/Rx
Standard whip antenna or GP Patch for Rx (depending on flight parameters)
KPC-S226 (aka KX-131) camera
Dimension Engineering 5V switch reg.
Custom pan/tilt mount w/ modified 180 degree HS81 pan servo
I-Glasses video goggles
RC-Tech Gyrocontrol head tracker
Canon Elura 2MC miniDV camcorder for recording video
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 01, 2007, 05:54 PM
Multicopter/FPV/UAV/HAM
Austria, Stmk., Neudau
Joined Jun 2006
823 Posts
Hi Twin,

really nice plane , I love these foamies from MPX very much ! Just convert my FPV TwinStar II also to brushless and add a FS8 Co-Pilot for wing levelling.

Cheers, Erwin
Old Feb 01, 2007, 10:52 PM
What Tree
Burnaby B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2002
366 Posts
I think FPV is the way of the future to come in rc flying. I've spent most of the winter reading about this. This is something that I'm will to spend and try.
GUYZER1111 is offline Find More Posts by GUYZER1111
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:04 AM
France, IdF, Lagny-sur-Marne
Joined Feb 2007
303 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm new in the business.

I've just bought a X11 kit at RC-Tech and I'm gonna try my plane this week end.

Plane is my design. Has already flown and should be slow enough for a beginner in FPV !
Paul_BB is offline Find More Posts by Paul_BB
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:59 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
Bonjour Paul
Bienvenue

It`s glow engine or electric?
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:17 AM
France, IdF, Lagny-sur-Marne
Joined Feb 2007
303 Posts
Hi VRflyer,

Like everybody else, I congratulate you for the fantastic work you've done
in the FPV field of knowledge !

My plane is electric.
Motor: Hyperion 2213/24
ESC: Titan
Wingspan: 1 meter
Weight: 768 gr

It may look mean but it has a high lift NACA 2414 airfoil so it can fly
with a reasonable speed.

I've equipped it with RC-Tech hardware because of the french legislation concerning radio transmission power: 10mw maximum for 2,4 Ghz...

I'll try the plane this week end if the weather is OK. I hope I will have the time to put on and off the goggles without loosing my plane out of sight.
This is the hard point I think... I'm a little bit nervous
Paul_BB is offline Find More Posts by Paul_BB
Closed Thread