HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 06, 2007, 07:39 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Guys, I'm waiting my predator for video piloting but I still haven't decided about my TX Radio and my video equipment. I have a good budget (2000/2500 $). What would you buy if you were me? (I actually have no idea about what to buy.. )
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2007, 09:57 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky
Guys, I'm waiting my predator for video piloting but I still haven't decided about my TX Radio and my video equipment. I have a good budget (2000/2500 $). What would you buy if you were me? (I actually have no idea about what to buy.. )
Check out Range Video, Black Widow AV, and Future Hobbies for starters.

There are several posts of the URL's and I think we need a sticky just to list sources.

I'd say get a KX131, a video tx of 100 to 500 mw, a good receiver and a patch antenna.

Check out RCTech, Or maybe that's RC-Tech for goggles with head tracking. Any old goggles will do if you get separate head tracking. AnthonyRC also sells a head tracker. He is on this forum.

As far as goggles go, bear in mind that whatever you get will probably be obsolete by summer. New stuff comes out every day.

Don't just wait for someone like me to make suggestions. Read everything you can find on this forum. There are a million ideas being exchanged here and no one person can keep track of it all.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Jan 06, 2007, 10:42 PM
alexandria, va, USA
Joined Oct 2006
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
My guess is it's a matter of a few seconds (10-20 probably). So when you're flying FPV, you have to remember, if you don't turn every 10-20 seconds...
until now, i've been flying with 6 or 7 cell nimh packs. i wasn't impressed with the speed. i got my first lipo pack yesterday (tp 3s2070) and flew today--72 degrees in january . holy cow, what a difference. i can now see how you the plane can fly away from you real quick.
4mla1fn is offline Find More Posts by 4mla1fn
Old Jan 06, 2007, 11:01 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mla1fn
until now, i've been flying with 6 or 7 cell nimh packs. i wasn't impressed with the speed. i got my first lipo pack yesterday (tp 3s2070) and flew today--72 degrees in january . holy cow, what a difference. i can now see how you the plane can fly away from you real quick.
Vermont is located south from Montreal, effectively it was very warm today, we reach +10C here.

About equipement, I will suggest
500mw ready to fly kit from range video
http://www.rangevideo.com/aerial_video.html

Goggle: Future Hobbies FH510
http://www.futurehobbies.com/items_detail.asp?item=82

Head Tracker: TrackR1
http://www.aeropix.ch/store/index.ph...dcfe04f832eaf5

You will need a second battery for the video stuff. 4 nimh are not expensive, choose light, or use 2S lipo with 5V regulator

Don't buy 14dbi high gain patch antenna, if you can find 8 dbi patch it would be perfect, but you can start with the antenna that you will receive in the video kit.

I think you already have an Easystar, so don't buy the predator now, wait, it look very good, but with more experience, you will perhaps choose another one. Easystar is the best pane to learn FPV. It's harder than it's look...

edit: Oups! I just saw you already ordered the predator, do you have intention to start FPV with this one?
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Jan 06, 2007, 11:26 PM
alexandria, va, USA
Joined Oct 2006
405 Posts
an easystar knockoff? after i finished flying today, i ran into a new flyer that picked this up at harbor freight. it's amazingly similar. i tried putting their wing into my fuse and it looks liked a perfect fit.
Old Jan 06, 2007, 11:47 PM
alexandria, va, USA
Joined Oct 2006
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguruinzasky
...I still haven't decided about my TX Radio...
if by "TX radio" you perchance mean "rc TX", then the trackR1 gyro presently only works with high-end futaba TXs and graupner.
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:41 AM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2003
430 Posts
VRflyer Cap Update?

VRflyer,

Any update, flight reports or vedeo with the new Hyperion Cap232 25e? Looks like a nice set up. I am looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

I have enjoyed watching your videos and learning from your posts. Thanks,

Jim
jfassino is offline Find More Posts by jfassino
Old Jan 07, 2007, 11:21 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
I need a new BEC, so it will take 2-3 week before take-off
Old Jan 08, 2007, 10:20 AM
Azeitao, Portugal
Joined Nov 2004
26 Posts
I need help,

After two weaks flying with 7" DVD, now it is time to change to googles, but i am very confused.
I have same googles to choose from:

Z800
I-vision 922
fh510
Cyberman 922.000 pixel (the link are below)

http://www.pearl.de/pearl.jsp?redir=...80&screenY=800

i suposed that fh510 and cyberman are the same thing.

PLEASE same one help me with my decision because i really want to by some googles.
Luis Gabriel is offline Find More Posts by Luis Gabriel
Old Jan 08, 2007, 05:33 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel
I need help,

After two weaks flying with 7" DVD, now it is time to change to googles, but i am very confused.
I have same googles to choose from:

Z800
I-vision 922
fh510
Cyberman 922.000 pixel (the link are below)

http://www.pearl.de/pearl.jsp?redir=...80&screenY=800

i suposed that fh510 and cyberman are the same thing.

PLEASE same one help me with my decision because i really want to by some googles.
FH510 (Future hobbies) is the best one for a beginner, you can install TrackR1 gyro on the side
and the price is good versus quality.
FH520 (I-Vision922) is better, but you will to find where to install gyro, and made your own sunshade (I still not have news about sunshade for I-Vision)
Z800 expensive and harder to use, but it`s the best one
Old Jan 09, 2007, 06:33 AM
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
Joined Jul 2005
613 Posts
This is the plane I am starting a build on for the winter. It is a proven plane for ap and I think it would make a good platform for FPV flying. Lots of room for equipment.

Of course it must be scratch built.

http://www.windandwavemodels.com/Eyespy.html

Kevin
Hunter850 is offline Find More Posts by Hunter850
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:32 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
edit: Oups! I just saw you already ordered the predator, do you have intention to start FPV with this one?
I ordered but I'll start with the Easystar until I fell confortable with it. Thanx for the tip !!
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:34 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mla1fn
if by "TX radio" you perchance mean "rc TX", then the trackR1 gyro presently only works with high-end futaba TXs and graupner.
I mean the radio to control the aircraft. Yesterday I ordered a Futaba T9CP SUPER FF9.
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:36 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter850
This is the plane I am starting a build on for the winter. It is a proven plane for ap and I think it would make a good platform for FPV flying. Lots of room for equipment.

Of course it must be scratch built.

http://www.windandwavemodels.com/Eyespy.html

Kevin
ah nice one! I'll try one when I'll have crashed my easystar eheh
Old Jan 09, 2007, 05:59 PM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
The RC-Tech.ch goggle also has rubber sun shaders, do u think the FH510 is better ??

Thanx!

EDIT: ooops the FH510 are Backordered until approx. 01/05/2007 ( I guess MAY 1st.. or is it Jan 5th??).. I'll ask them and in case I'll go for rc-tech then... or any other suggestion?
Closed Thread