Closed Thread
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
Brandon Evers
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2006
355 Posts
Build Log
Telemaster 40 Build

So, I've started to build the Telemaster 40 kit I got from Hobby-Lobby's After Thanksgiving Sale. This thing is pretty big! I've already built the left wing half and am finishing up the right wing half. I'd like to make the wing two-piece, however, to aid in transport (while I can fit a one piece 2m glider wing in my Corolla, it's a major pain). Although this isn't my first balsa build, I haven't worked with anything this size before, so I figured I'd solicit some advice regarding the wing joiner. I plan on using the existing spars as the top and bottom of a joiner box and using 3/32" balsa sides to enclose the box on either side of the spars (basically adding an additional shear web to form a box). This will be wrapped with kevlar thread to keep it from blowing up under load. My main questions are:

1) Is this sufficient structure for the joiner box?
2) How far should the joiner/joiner box extend?
3) What material should be used for the joiner blade?

I'm at my family's house right now for the holiday, but I'll post pictures in a few days to show my progress and the wing structures in question.

Thanks,
Brandon

Edit: Moved to Glow to Electric Conversions Forum
bevers01 is offline Find More Posts by bevers01
Last edited by bevers01; Jan 03, 2007 at 03:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread