HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 01, 2008, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2006
9 Posts
Yes. Finally someone pops that question. Is there ANY Hayate with flaps around? Now, I really do not have the money right now, but if I found a Ki-84 with those beautiful butterfly flaps on I would sell ... something, to get it.
AndreasB is offline Find More Posts by AndreasB
Last edited by AndreasB; Jul 02, 2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2008, 10:39 PM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,652 Posts
Still adding a few more details to my review 40 size Hayate
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2009, 08:45 PM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2008
46 Posts
my post maiden video

I am so excited about my recently finished 40e I just have to share this here. Hyperion has done a great job, and the build and weathering advice here in RC Groups have been great. Thanks all.

Cheers,
Rudy
Hyperion Hayate 40e (5 min 18 sec)
Funstuff is offline Find More Posts by Funstuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:01 PM
Registered User
LuckyDuc's Avatar
Formerly Denver. Now West Bend, WI
Joined Dec 2005
2,061 Posts
Looks great!
LuckyDuc is offline Find More Posts by LuckyDuc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2009, 10:43 AM
Registered User
Thrawn150's Avatar
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,442 Posts
Nice video.
Thrawn150 is offline Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2009, 05:24 PM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2008
46 Posts
Thanks for all the advice...here's my video

Thanks for watching.
You can check out other videos I've taken at my local club on Youtube as well. Just search for either faab2009 or hkmec.
Cheers,
Funstuff is offline Find More Posts by Funstuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Levendis's Avatar
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined Jun 2008
465 Posts
Thanks Rudy

Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)

Rudy
Thanks for posting this - look forward to putting those birds up in the air again!

Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funstuff
Thanks for watching.
You can check out other videos I've taken at my local club on Youtube as well. Just search for either faab2009 or hkmec.
Cheers,
Levendis is online now Find More Posts by Levendis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:17 PM
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Next up from NipponDave and the folks at Hyperion is the FW-190 25e followed by the P-40 25e, but then they are working on Stuka 40e and the P-51 40e, so they are in developement. Mid May, along with the FW-190, they will be releasing a (non-warbird) Wolf Samson II 70e bipe for those interested.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:54 AM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2008
46 Posts
Leo,
I can't wait to do the 6-warbirds sortie again, and will have to get that on video this time. Got to get some new lipos quickly though. My old ones just died on me.
Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis
Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)

Rudy
Thanks for posting this - look forward to putting those birds up in the air again!

Leo
Funstuff is offline Find More Posts by Funstuff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:54 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
NipponDave's Avatar
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis
Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)
Leo
You bet, Leo. We've been steadily increasing the scale content with each release, as keen observers have noted... Wait till you see the Stuka... Btw, the Stuka will be wood fuselage, to help keep weight down and because the Stuka shape can be done very well in wood and that allows a printed covering. But it has a lot of glass parts, such as the landing gear, cannon (it's a G2 version), etc...

David

PS: I've been flying a "near final" prototype this week, and am really happy with the performance. No bad habits at all (a relief, after reading about some other Stuka models), and a real floater on landing. Slows down nicely even without flaps. Flap testing (for efficacy and elevator mix required per angle) this week if weather is good...
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Mar 30, 2009 at 05:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:56 AM
I need more ceiling!!!
sting35's Avatar
Okinawa, Japan
Joined May 2006
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
You bet, Leo. We've been steadily increasing the scale content with each release, as keen observers have noted... Wait till you see the Stuka...

David
Crud, at least wait til my tax refund comes, Dave.
sting35 is offline Find More Posts by sting35
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:40 AM
"the bouncer"
mackone's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,769 Posts
Looks like I'll have to order more bombs Dave !!!!

Unreal !
mackone is offline Find More Posts by mackone
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:30 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2004
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
PS: I've been flying a "near final" prototype this week, and am really happy with the performance. No bad habits at all (a relief, after reading about some other Stuka models), and a real floater on landing. Slows down nicely even without flaps. Flap testing (for efficacy and elevator mix required per angle) this week if weather is good...
Awesome, what is the ETA of the Stuka? Will it use the same power system as the Hayate?

Thanks,
Scott.
GuppyG is online now Find More Posts by GuppyG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
NipponDave's Avatar
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyG
Awesome, what is the ETA of the Stuka? Will it use the same power system as the Hayate?

Thanks,
Scott.
We're about 99% sure that it won't. Our new ZS3025 series is much more powerful than the average motor in the same class, and will allow us to save both weight and cost-to-user when installed in the Stuka (compared to a 4020 motor). Even with a 10x7 prop and only 32A peak on 3S, the Stuka flies strongly on the ZS3025-08 (i.e. "more power than scale") and I'll start propping up next week to about 45A~50A peak to see how the vertical goes. I'm guessing it will be very good, with big, round loops and 40-degrees or better fast climbs... And the motor could handle 70A peak with good efficiency averages, so there won't be a deficit of power no matter your preferences, I think.

No promises on ETA. But I "hope" (repeat, "hope") it will be on shelves in about 5 months.

P51 40e will use Z4020 or ZS4020, like Hayate 40e. Those were very fast airplanes in their day (unlike the pokey Stuka) and the 4020 gives big headroom for insane speed setups...


Cheers,

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:17 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2004
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
We're about 99% sure that it won't. Our new ZS3025 series is much more powerful than the average motor in the same class, and will allow us to save both weight and cost-to-user when installed in the Stuka (compared to a 4020 motor). Even with a 10x7 prop and only 32A peak on 3S, the Stuka flies strongly on the ZS3025-08 (i.e. "more power than scale") and I'll start propping up next week to about 45A~50A peak to see how the vertical goes. I'm guessing it will be very good, with big, round loops and 40-degrees or better fast climbs... And the motor could handle 70A peak with good efficiency averages, so there won't be a deficit of power no matter your preferences, I think.

No promises on ETA. But I "hope" (repeat, "hope") it will be on shelves in about 5 months.
Even better... I'm quite happy with my Hayate 40 on the recommended power system and I've always wanted a Stuka. A cheaper power solution is even better since most people have plenty of 3 cell's laying around.

I'm looking forward to it.
Scott.
GuppyG is online now Find More Posts by GuppyG
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Hyperion KI-84 Hayate 25e Hayate Electric Warbirds 359 May 31, 2014 03:27 AM
Video Hyperion KI-84 25e Maiden Hayate Electric Plane Talk 2 Jan 01, 2007 03:53 PM
Video Hyperion Ki-84 retracts Hayate Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 23, 2006 06:17 PM
Discussion Was the Alpha Ki-84 hayate discontinued? jbrundt Electric Warbirds 2 Jun 03, 2006 10:40 AM
Yippee! Alfa Ki-84 Hayate finished Ascolta Electric Warbirds 6 May 20, 2006 10:37 PM