HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:37 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh meat
I forgot to ask her what parts are available for the HF planes and a list of the parts. They are not listed in any of the catalogs. And, it would be nice to have a list and share it with all the folks in the thread. Oops. I think I might have talked myself into calling her tomorrow and seeing if such a list exists. Darn. Now I mentioned it - So, I guess it is up to me to follow through. Darn keyboard. Talks too much
AJ....................... While you got her on the phone could you ask about Harbor Cub and Mustang parts???
OK. I called them and the short answer is that a list is not available of the parts for the planes that we fly from HF. I talked also with the catalog rep for HF and he told me that he would definitely take action on getting a list put in their catalog. When I asked him about when, he was not so clear except to say in a "couple of months or so". I am not holding my breath. He did point out something that was very helpful, though. He said before calling customer service with a parts order to get the HF SKU for the plane and download the PDF manual for the plane. On the last page (at least for the WH), is a picture of all the parts with a number for each part. Then, when we talk to a rep, they can do the same thing and quickly locate the SKU that they need for the desired part. I know this is not a big help. But, it is a small aid to help in the parts ordering process. Of course, if all you guys would just fly more carefully, you wouldn't keep crashing the WH and needing parts <grin>. oh, and for fresh meat - HF cub? I did not see one on their site. Is it a plane they sold once upon a time? Or???
AJ
Update: For the P-51, the parts list is on the first page.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Apr 15, 2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Update info
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:53 PM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
OK. I called them and the short answer is that a list is not available of the parts for the planes ....
Thanks AJ for your time and effort.
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduk
Got to say, I actually laughed out loud while reading this.

Let us know how long it takes to receive your order from Harbor Freight. My guess is you get it delivered on Friday.
You're probably right. Here is the Fedex #. You can follow along and see when I get it. Right now, it shows not found.
AJ
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:46 PM
Crashing aircraft since 1980
United States, PA, Hookstown
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
Quote:
oh, and for fresh meat - HF cub? I did not see one on their site. Is it a plane they sold once upon a time? Or???
AJ
Update: For the P-51, the parts list is on the first page.
AJ
Update: QUOTE] My local Harbor freight store in Ohio has sold the (Harbor cub) since 2004. This year It gets a new box and is renamed the Piper J-3 Cub, It is actually the same plane as the SDM (Shun Da) or Exceed RC J-3 Cub. I got a 3rd new one last week for an exchange for one I crash damaged too bad to repair . The new one has a (Jan of 09) production date stamped on the restyled box so they should be carrying it for a while. If you are interested i'll get you the HF SKU item #.
fresh meat is offline Find More Posts by fresh meat
Last edited by fresh meat; Apr 16, 2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:20 AM
W. Central GA
Joined Feb 2009
52 Posts
The cub is pretty fun, I put a 1500kv on 3s in mine. Needs a stronger wing =].
Hot Rod Harbor / SDM / exceed / Nitroplanes Cub 2812 (3 min 4 sec)

If anyone is interested in ordering spare parts from HF and don't have your manual.
1-800-444-3353
SKU 94774
Part # - Desc - Price
1 -Main Wing Ass.- $15.95 (includes L & R wing)
2 -Reinforced Tube- $1.75 (spar)
3 -Fuselage- $10.69
4 -Canopy- $? forgot to order it
6 -Tail Wing set- $7.00
10 -Battery Pack- $? didn't order one

Shipping was 8.99 via fedex and quoted 10-14 days. Received email next day with tracking info.
Durtbag is offline Find More Posts by Durtbag
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:46 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
Shipping was 8.99 via fedex and quoted 10-14 days. Received email next day with tracking info.[/QUOTE] Those prices are cheeper than I thought they would be 11 bucks for a fuse......... wow, thats great! I did an aileron mod with my Harbor Cub with a TP 2410-09, 870Kv brushless out and 10.8v Ni-Mh packs. It flies way better than I had expected, however I did make the ailerons the entire lenth of the wing (overkill I think).
Last edited by fresh meat; Apr 16, 2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:48 AM
W. Central GA
Joined Feb 2009
52 Posts
Quote:
Those prices are cheeper than I thought they would be 11 bucks for a fuse......... wow!
Yep, total was 44.95 for the entire plane not including the canopy and rest of the stuff (electronics etc). Forgot to order that and using my own gear. Is the sku for the new cub the same as the old one?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:01 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
! I did an aileron mod with my Harbor Cub with a TP 2410-09, 870Kv brushless out and 10.8v Ni-Mh packs. It flies way better than I had expected, however I did make the ailerons the entire lenth of the wing (overkill I think).[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durtbag
Yep, total was 44.95 for the entire plane not including the canopy and rest of the stuff (electronics etc). Forgot to order that and using my own gear. Is the sku for the new cub the same as the old one?
Yes it is, just renamed it is all, Oh... and they also put a huge sticker on the front that says CRASH DAMAGED PLANES CAN NOT BE RETURNED FOR WARRENTY!!! RATS there on to me!! I replaced three that way
Last edited by fresh meat; Apr 16, 2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:17 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
The spar in my wings on my Wild hawk is too tight to get the wings apart a buddy of mine told me to make a hole in the wing where the spar ends and use a blow gun to push compressed air into the spar end and the wing would pop off, does that sound feasible, or am I going to blow my wings apart like shrapnel?
Last edited by fresh meat; Apr 16, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:28 AM
W. Central GA
Joined Feb 2009
52 Posts
Quote:
The spar in my wings on my Wild hawk is too tight to get the wings apart a buddy of mine told me to make a hole in the wing where the spar ends and use a blow gun to push compressed air into the spar end and the wing would pop off, does that sound feasible, or am i going to blow my wings apart like scrapnel?

I'm not really sure. I had one with wings real tight on the spar and just used the spar to pry the foam block out of each wing where the spar runs and taped it back so it was looser. It's held in with double sided tape. It was so tight I couldn't get them into the fuselage. That same set of wings was actually warped and when on a plane It won't turn right for squat. Doesn't yaw left uncontrollably, just won't turn right. Haven't figured out what to do to them to make to plane turn right yet.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:33 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durtbag
I'm not really sure. I had one with wings real tight on the spar and just used the spar to pry the foam block out of each wing where the spar runs and taped it back so it was looser. It's held in with double sided tape. It was so tight I couldn't get them into the fuselage. That same set of wings was actually warped and when on a plane It won't turn right for squat. Doesn't yaw left uncontrollably, just won't turn right. Haven't figured out what to do to them to make to plane turn right yet.
I use a hair dryer to unwarp foam planes, it works well. I'm going to have to do something to get the wings apart, Now my plane only fits in the trunk of my car and it gets damn hot in there, Im sure I'll warp something if left in the trunk for any lenth of time.
Last edited by fresh meat; Apr 16, 2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:59 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
AJ
Update: QUOTE] My local Harbor freight store in Ohio has sold the (Harbor cub) since 2004. This year It gets a new box and is renamed the Piper J-3 Cub, It is actually the same plane as the SDM (Shun Da) or Exceed RC J-3 Cub. I got a 3rd new one last week for an exchange for one I crash damaged too bad to repair . The new one has a (Jan of 09) production date stamped on the restyled box so they should be carrying it for a while. If you are interested i'll get you the HF SKU item #.
I would love to have the SKU. I want to own/fly one for sure. Thanks in advance.
AJ
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
Joined Dec 2008
169 Posts
Quote:
I would love to have the SKU. I want to own/fly one for sure. Thanks in advance.
AJ
The Harbor cub, item #92906
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:37 AM
W. Central GA
Joined Feb 2009
52 Posts
Quote:
I use a hair dryer to unwarp foam planes, it works well. I'm going to have to do something to get the wings apart, Now my plane only fits in the trunk of my car and it gets damn hot in there, Im sure I'll warp something if left in the trunk for any lenth of time.
Only thing I can think of is get someone to help; each person get a firm grip on a wing and pull. I'm sure you know if it does break trying to get it out, a little hot glue will have you back up in no time. I guess you could just cut the foam around the top of the fuselage that holds the wings and gorilla glue it back together. Just be mindful of the wires running to the motor. I'd try the wing tug-of-war.