Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
Help!
saito 50 4 stroke fuel tank hook up

can some one tell me if a 4 stroke has to have a pressure hose from the muffler to the fuel tank like the 2 strokes ? does any one have a diagram of how to hook up the lines ?
itchntofly is offline Find More Posts by itchntofly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Yes it should have the muffler pressure line.

There should be an "unexplained" nipple on the crankcase somewhere. Some 4-strokes run this back to the carb/intake manifold. others have nothing connected. Its a vent and oil drain. if its not connected back to the carb, you will want to connect a SHORT piec of tubing to route the dripping oil outside of the cowl if the engine is coweled. If the engine is not coweled you still might want to route the drip away from the firewall.

Otherwise, the fuel connections are the same as a 2-stroke.... one to the muffler to pressurize the tank and one to the carb to feed the engine (unless the engine has a pump... then things get interresting)
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:09 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
thanks for your response. i dont think it has a pump ? is the pump built in to the motor or is it a seperate component ? were should i look for the pump ? i am finishing a hanger 9 80 " cub that someone else started.
itchntofly is offline Find More Posts by itchntofly
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:59 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Not many Saitos have the pump. Probably not there. The pump version costs more.

If the 4-stroke has a pump its often inside the backplate. The non-pumped backplate looks about the same as that of a common 2-stroke. Nice deep inset.

The advantage of the pump is more consistant fuel flow. disadvantage is more adjustments and more parts that can wear out. If it does have a pump, then it won't use muffler pressure and shouldn't have a nipple on the muffler.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771