Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:44 AM
Afghanistanimation
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
Discussion
Wrong size parts in box Trex 450 SE

Anyone else had this issue? My tail boom length is 322mm and should have been 347mm. I can not assemble this heli any further. If i do, the boom is only about 1/4 in in the tail case and main frame. SCARY!!

Anyone know a USA POC for Align to get this issue resolved. Please dont tell me to contact the seller.
johnnychimpo is offline Find More Posts by johnnychimpo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:54 AM
/bin/ksh
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Nov 2005
3,363 Posts
Contact the seller I've heard of this happening, it might be a good idea to contact them direct http://www.align.com.tw/html/en/e_companyint.htm

But I would order the right boom from modefosheli for the cost, just so you can finish it up. Plus you can stock up on spare parts too...
Steve_C is offline Find More Posts by Steve_C
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:49 PM
Drive fast/Fly low
Seattle Eastside
Joined Oct 2006
294 Posts
Its not the first time this has happened. Earlier poster had the long belt and short boom. Align will probably replace it, meantime you can pick up some spares in a 2 pack to get flying. Booms tend to get blade-hit in hard landings anyway.
Lucky Dog Rex is offline Find More Posts by Lucky Dog Rex
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:07 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
If you buy one, I highly recommend carbon booms. Mine's been blade struck four times, had a (plastic) tailcase smashed off the back, and hardly a scratch.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
hmm. So a carbon boom is one of those.. save you money in the long run items then?
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:54 PM
www.hoverhobbies.com
Joined Jun 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo
Anyone else had this issue? My tail boom length is 322mm and should have been 347mm. I can not assemble this heli any further. If i do, the boom is only about 1/4 in in the tail case and main frame. SCARY!!

Anyone know a USA POC for Align to get this issue resolved. Please dont tell me to contact the seller.
Try Here...
http://www.alignrcusa.com/index.htm
If you have problems going that route contact me and I will take care of you.
hoverhobbies is offline Find More Posts by hoverhobbies
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:41 AM
Man of leisure.
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2006
7 Posts
Same thing happened to me...

I happen to be the aforementioned earlier poster that had the same problem. See this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599161

My SE kit shipped with the 322mm boom instead of the 347mm. I emailed the guys at the US Align distributor (Assurance RC, I believe) and they mailed me a replacement for no charge. I returned the incorrect boom to them just to be a nice guy. If you want the email, just PM me and I'll let you know who to talk to. Their customer service was very good.

Cheers.
PaveLowDriver is offline Find More Posts by PaveLowDriver
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:26 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyzelsnack
hmm. So a carbon boom is one of those.. save you money in the long run items then?
I think so. Although it is possible to break one... I broke a blade grip in a high-speed turn the other day, went in sideways at about 75kph, and somehow the *only* broken parts are that carbon boom, the h-stab and the blade grip. Not even any bent shafts.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor