HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:25 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Video
10 Foot Take off and Lake Drop

I got bored today and a little frustrated that I did not get up and go flying. The weather was suppose to be bad ... but it was actually quite nice. So late this afternoon I mowed a place about 20 feet long up to my bulk head by the lake. Having never done this before it was either fly or die. Since I did not want to loose all the electronics, battery, etc in the lake I was hoping for the best.

Here is a Hobbico Super Star EP taking off and landing in a very tight space.

Here is a link back to the full discussion: SSEP
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Last edited by mrm1; Dec 23, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:41 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Congrats on a perfect power system and battery technology...!!!

This is the best I have seen from the Super Star EP....you have made this model into a totally different flying RC Model.....very light and graceful and most importantly FUN!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:35 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Excellent, especially the second landing.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:10 AM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Okay Mike

You have the touch to be able to fly her like that.
You made me a believer. The power your set up has. Love the hover out of your hand. You could surely hand launch her.

Looks like you could do unlimited loop diameter.

Awesome. Have you tried a vertical climb yet?

I can see myself doing a shameless copy of your set up .

John
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:11 AM
Bristol, Maine
Joined Dec 2004
285 Posts
Mike:
Proves there aient (sp) no substitute for Cubic Inches (Watts). Great video!
Holiday wishes to all from the frozen north! John Sard
daddysard is offline Find More Posts by daddysard
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:10 AM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
New2RC John, the vertical is not unlimited but adaquate for a "trainer". but not as stronge as an Endo motor with 2 3s packs ... but not nearly as heavey either and shorter fllight times with an Endo at 35-40 amps compared to 22-27 amps.

With the Castle Creations ESC I will be able to get some Idea of flight times too. I will set the ESC to a 3.2 v/cell cut off and fly 'till it dies.
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1
New2RC John, the vertical is not unlimited but adaquate for a "trainer". but not as stronge as an Endo motor with 2 3s packs ... but not nearly as heavey either and shorter fllight times with an Endo at 35-40 amps compared to 22-27 amps.

With the Castle Creations ESC I will be able to get some Idea of flight times too. I will set the ESC to a 3.2 v/cell cut off and fly 'till it dies.
Thanks Mike.

Watched it again and love the zip she has. The acceleration is what stands out with the light weight and the response of the power system. The loops you did are about as fast as I have seen. Super job!

John
new2rc is offline Find More Posts by new2rc