HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,634 Posts
Discussion
Little Screamers for Alfa's?

I saw the add at the top of the page...was wondering if anyone has given these a whirl yet. I was thinking either the DeNovo or the Purple Peril would be a good choice depending on how much of a "rocket" you wanted. Amp draw seems decent and 22oz of thrust with a 14-16 oz plane means awesome verticle perfromance. Maybe I don't need that E-Flite 450 in the Corsair afterall. But it's got a 10 inch prop...
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,581 Posts
as a member of |"TEAM SCREAM" of little screamers, i would say go with the DENOVO, you can run a 10" GWS HD prop(not slow flyer) or you can run a 9x5 APC E prop, or maybe a 9x4.5E. get it on the watt meter, but those would be some great props, also, the sucker only weighs .9oz, and i have a little screamer in every plane i own, and they are well made, and area great value. a ton of testing by Scott and Bob have been put into these motors. if you want more speed, go with the purple peril on a 8x4E prop, that will also make some great thrust! i have a GWS and a Great planes(electrifly) corsairs that both have the PP in them, and i love'em!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:35 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,634 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info. With that Dora coming out in early 07, I want to set them(I'm getting atleast two) up with a solid, high performing motor.

Also, which one would I want to buy for the Alfa F-86? I saw a thread a while back using one for the MiG, but I don't remember if it had actually hit the market yet?? Do you know if HL carries it now? Thanks!!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:25 AM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,373 Posts
I use a CustumCDR single on my Alfa Razorback and it's a great mix of low amp draw and lightweight. It makes the Alfas have a nice speed envelope as mine came in at 12.75oz auw with a 1320 3s prolite. Get 20 min of flying and can just float in for super soft landings yet still get up to insane speeds.

Steve
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,581 Posts
the ducted fans use the jet screamer EDF motor, not the park jet, thats for pushers.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,634 Posts
I kinda figured I wouldn't be using the Parkjet... I was wondering what they called the inrunner for the EDF
Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:22 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Thanks C/N,

You said it well I too love the PP and De as they are very good motors and the power they give is awsome! The De will take a bigger prop but the PP with tear a plane apart with a 8x4 3s, Just ask Bud for RCXplanes.com. He will fly nothing else. I have a lot of people contact me and say that they love these little powerhouses.

Thanks for the great year and I will continue to work hard bringing you the best in micro brushless power.

Marry Christmas Everyone! And A Happy New Year!

Scott
Littlescreamers.com
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers