HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:14 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Aug 2005
458 Posts
Discussion
Anyone used UHU All purpose glue??

I found some UHU all purpose glue (bright yellow tube) in the Pound Shop, quite a big tube for a Pound also. Wondered if anyone had used it??

On first inspection it smells a bit like goop, but is runnier, a bit like honey. I put some on some EPP this morning and will see how it looks.

A
alexholt is offline Find More Posts by alexholt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:22 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,778 Posts
Its not bad for depron or cellfoam but i havent used on epp yet let me no how it goes do you no what to use to thin it down with. Shane
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:30 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Aug 2005
458 Posts
Don't know about thinning. It smells like goop so I immagine that the same sorts of things will work. I will do some trials....
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:38 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,778 Posts
Cool keep us posted as we can get it in oz.Shane
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:43 AM
__Jackass Savant__
United States, CA, Oxnard
Joined Feb 2005
2,505 Posts
UHU will dry to a weight of about nothing on projects. No need to thin it, just use the "UHU Twist and Glue version". It's thinner than the tube one, but a little less robust of a bond. I use it on my FFF and depron park flyers. A thick fillet of UHU will evaporate into a thin "almost nonexistant" film when cured. I have used the tube to apply stickers made out of overhead transparency film to my slopers and the UHU "twist and glue, and glue stick" kinds to apply paper stickers to park flyers. The three glues are all different.

When shaping fuses that I need to cut into "LEG style" to put in the gear, I split it first and glue it back together with UHU glue stick. Then do my shaping of the fuse. I can then peel it apart when I am ready to put the gear in. The glue stick one is less tacky then the tube, so I am not left with a sticky mess once exposed. HTH

Boz
theBOZman is offline Find More Posts by theBOZman
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:03 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Aug 2005
458 Posts
Did some test last night and the verdict is........

it has too much solvent. Like Bozman said, it evapourates to nothing which means it is vey poor at bonding epp at it only ends up with very vew contact points. It might be ok for putting on leading edges instead of thinned goop, but even then I think it will be too thin.