HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by will_newton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
Sold
XP-4/4.5 DLG- RTF-champion pedigree- super nice!

I have sold a lot of DLGs on RcGroups, but this one takes the cake. This is one of the best condition and best assembled DLG's I have had the pleasure to sell. This sailplane is owned by a local pilot, Dick Proseus. I am selling it for him.

For those of you who have been around sailplanes on the East Coast may know that this guy is a serious R/C nut and TD, 2M, and HLG pilot from WAY back. He's ranked 6th on the ESL league for handlaunch this year. You can often find him in the winner's circle at contests up and down the East Coast.

"Why does all this matter?" you say.

Well when Mr. P puts a plane together it's done right. You don't have to worry that some power pilot slapped this one together and hoped for the best. It was built for a single purpose. To win DLG contests.

This DLG started life as an XP-4, but recently an XP 4.5 wing was installed. The condition of the fuselage is great, the boom is unbroken and the tailfins are in excellent shape. The wing is beautiful, no dings, or delams. The leading and trailing edges look super.

Radio gear is all included except the xtal. The servos are GWS Pico fast BB's connected with super light and tight linkages. The battery is a 350mah Nimh. The rx is a JR 555 micro (positive shift) with no case and the antenna is linked to a fine wire running outside the boom. Switchjack included, of course. 10.5 oz. AUW

"Yeah, but does it fly?", you say.

What was he flying when he won the 2006 Polecat Challenge? This DLG. 'Nuff said!

Price is $490 RTF or $460 without the rx, shipping included. It will ship UPS insured. Paypal only!
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
Last edited by will_newton; Dec 20, 2006 at 10:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,709 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
I have flown with Dick and this is a perfect DLG. You cant go wrong here.

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:16 PM
No slope for richardo
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,358 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Sexy
Endless Sloper is online now Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,258 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Boys,what the difference between XP4 and XP4.5 ?I have XP4.
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Oh, I'll let Denny tell you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny at polecataero.com
XP-4.5

In late 2005, Polecat Aero launched another version of the already sucessful XP-4 ó the XP-4.5! So what exactly is in that extra .5?

Wing & Tail

The XP-4.5 has a slightly wider root chord and a slightly narrower tip chord, as well as a more rounded tip shape. The XP-4.5 has slightly larger tailfeathers for even more dampening and super high launches.

Overall

For folks who fly with a very rearward CG, the XP-4.5 should provide a little more forgiveness for less than perfect thumbs in very marginal conditions. Extremely light lift, just hangin on the edge of a stall, etc. There is little enough difference between the planes to call it a new plane or even a different model. Just a variation of the XP-4. Itís as simple as that.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
PNF
Los Gatos, CA
Joined May 2005
4,422 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
buy this now, someone!
infopimp is offline Find More Posts by infopimp
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,258 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Thanx Will.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Dec 21, 2006, 06:24 AM
USA, FL, Melbourne
Joined Sep 2004
430 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
DANG, i wish i had $460 lying around .
that is a very nice ship Will.
monas is offline Find More Posts by monas
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:25 AM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,263 Posts
Trader Rating: 159
Will -- PM Sent. Thx. Steve
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
sale pending. I didn't think this would last long!

-edit- sold!
Last edited by will_newton; Dec 21, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread