HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2007, 08:25 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,465 Posts
Great Videos

From Airboat, Check out Videos,Ultralights page two. http://www.ultraligero.net/ Charles
canard addict is offline Find More Posts by canard addict
Last edited by canard addict; May 23, 2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2007, 10:53 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,405 Posts
Thanks Charles the canard vid was very cool
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Last edited by MustangAce17; May 23, 2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: same link as Charles
Old May 24, 2007, 05:16 AM
Indifferent User
Chattanooga
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Ultralight Canard Videos

Makes ya' want to hang a little turbine on the Long EZ, doesn't it Charles?
That thing was really scooting along!!

pjw
pjwright is offline Find More Posts by pjwright
Old May 24, 2007, 05:24 AM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
JATO anyone ????
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
Old May 24, 2007, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2007
47 Posts
Forgive me if this has alreadty been posted, but I thought you all might enjoy. I myself am just now getting into the canard scene. I have a scratch built I will be posting very soon...

You'll have to click this an extra time to open in youtube... (no imbedding??)

canard video
deltawingnut is offline Find More Posts by deltawingnut
Old May 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
Joined Jan 2007
47 Posts
One more I thought was good....

canard video
deltawingnut is offline Find More Posts by deltawingnut
Old May 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
DWN,

Thanks for posting. The only thing on the sound track better than Satriani was the last fly by. To bad my last instructions from Joe before turning his LongEZ over to me was NO loops or rolls.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old May 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,465 Posts
Voyager Changes

Thank you very much, Delta!! I felt like I was in that canard with him. What a thrill!. My Voyager hangs from the garage ceiling nose up and the three ounce slug weights fell from the nose to the rear behind the wing TE. They were in a plastic bag which emptied itself and is still back there somwhere. After take off the model was very unstable and I had to fight a bumpy 45 degree cross wind. I landed after one circle of the field. It did not want to come down and after using all the field, I forced it with down elevator to a jack rabbit landing. No damage but that was a miracle. One of the 0.5 ounce slugs fell out the rear opening and was replaced with a 0.4 ouncer. I was delighted to find that my extra Tru-Turn spinner fit to perfection which added 0.3 ounces to the rear. It now balances at 16 inches which should make very little difference compared to the last flight. I will have it at Fort Payne Saturday. The spinner cost delivered was $47 but is a fantastic design complete with back plate and 1/8" collet. Delta, please keep us posted with your canard work. Charles
Old May 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Hi Canard-ly fliers!

Picked this up in the 4*60 thread down in conversions:

http://www.guernseymodelclub.com/John.htm

John is the guy who used to travel to the UK Nats and fly the FAI pattern comp when I was still living over there - he has some serious canard time to his credit and obviously has caught electricity real bad!

Enjoy!

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old May 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,465 Posts
Thanks,Dereck, John has some neat models. I like the large canard wings and feel they make for smooth performance. I have taken a break from my double delta canard but now feel the urge to get it ready for Tullahoma. Charles
Old May 27, 2007, 05:49 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,405 Posts
I'm going to start on my Gunderson S-1 soon and I'm thinking edf or pusher,will see different combinations once the fuse wing and canard are built. Was orginally thinking of incresing the spar strength with carbon rod and mounting a 12MM Medusa on each side and adding tricylcle landing gear but not positive yet.
Old May 27, 2007, 06:45 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,405 Posts
It was great to see John and RL and a few other guys at the Morriston fly-in. John had his scratch built long ez and it's an awesome little plane. Saturday the winds were crazy(of course I'm fearless and still flew lol) but today the weather was great and the lez flew and looked great in the air. RL flew his Shinden but I forgot the cam. today so no pics from today. I took my canard xliner design and the gp cat to show off.Overall a great time! heres john's LEZ
Old May 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,465 Posts
I'm glad you guys had fun and sorry I could not have been with you but We took the Voyager to Fort Payne, Al for the Southerm Fried Electrifly. I was blown away when the pilots Gave the Voyager second place in pilot's choice. First and third place were taken by beautiful kit models. The weather was outstanding with dead calm endings for Friday and Saturday.I hope we can get together at the Hodges Electric event this Fall. Charles
Old May 27, 2007, 10:12 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Sep 2005
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
I'm going to start on my Gunderson S-1 soon and I'm thinking edf or pusher,will see different combinations once the fuse wing and canard are built. Was orginally thinking of incresing the spar strength with carbon rod and mounting a 12MM Medusa on each side and adding tricylcle landing gear but not positive yet.
MustangAce17,

It's great to see the S-1 mentioned on such a great thread! I am interested to see what you do with the kit, both in terms of power and landing gear. Given the higher speeds associated with a powered version, I highly recommend the carbon fiber reinforcement of the spar and I would dial down the deflection of the elevator to slow the pitch response. If you have any questions along the way, please let me know. I would love to see some photos of the progress, and video of finished product would be great too (for the website) .

Cheers!

Rich Gunderson
MrAero is offline Find More Posts by MrAero
Old May 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,405 Posts
thanks Rich, I'd be more than happy to do a build/modify. Good to see you here