Joined Apr 2006
3,774 Posts
Thanks Don!
nickchud is offline Find More Posts by nickchud
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,472 Posts
After feeling bad for three days, things are looking up today. The videos and posts from you were thoroughly enjoyed. Today, I gave myself a gift of a new windshield for the Ga. Goose which had been knocked off it's rack one day by me. Included are pictures of Christmas cactuses which always bring joy in December. My wish today is that all of you are well and happy.
Charles
canard addict is offline Find More Posts by canard addict
Old Dec 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Charles, this is not the time of year to be feeling punky, down with a bug, or whatever you want to call it. Remember THE FAT MAN is coming and I am sure he will want to stop by and leave you something special.
Get well quick. can't have you sick.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,472 Posts
Orrin
Quote:
Charles, this is not the time of year to be feeling punky, down with a bug, or whatever you want to call it. Remember THE FAT MAN is coming and I am sure he will want to stop by and leave you something special.
Get well quick. can't have you sick.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Thanks, Orrin, In the South, it is easy to get sick right at Christmas and I have been there several times but this year it hit me a week early and I am almost over it in four days. The old immune system is in good shape since this is the first of anything in over five years. Happy flying.
Charles
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
791 Posts
Canard Addict/Charles - I believe that I own your plane now. If that Bee in the pic posted back in 2007 (post #876) is yours, would you kindly shoot me a pm? I have a question about the motor.

Thanks,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by canard addict View Post
Thanks PJ for your observation. It reminds me of Andy Clancy's thoughts on his 40" Lazy Bee. He had four 1/8" sq. balsa longerons between the wing and tail. He advised spruce and that did the trick.Together with the film covering, there is lots of strength to hold the section together. The flying surfaces take all the load and the fuselage goes along for the ride.On my Delta,the four longerons weighed in at 7 and 8 grams each. If they were soft balsa, there might be a problem. Also, there will be a 1/4 by 1/8 spine piece along the top of the fuselage forming a triangular section from the canard to the spinner which should add strength. I am grateful for your thoughts and will welcome more from any of you. My main concern now is the ability of this design to perform. How do you feel Don S. and others about the stability of the layout? It now seems that it may weigh 25 ounces. Charles
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old Dec 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
Market Harborough
Joined Apr 2006
3,774 Posts
Merry Christmas to all my Canard Thread friends!

And a Happy and healthy New Year.

cheers

Nick
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
A Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to all E Zone canard-ers!

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:21 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,673 Posts
Merry Christmas gang! I hope you have all your needs met!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Dec 25, 2010, 02:08 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Merry Christmas to all and don't get those canards mixed up.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the kind wishes, Fellows. It's hard to believe that another year is about to end. Here's wishing a bright future for all. Our small home had 15 in it today including 2 great grand children. Pat and I are looking forward to a quiet and restful evening. It started snowing here about two hours ago and is our first one here over ten years on Christmas day. Flying a canard with Nickchud is a possibility in a few days if the weather cooperates.
Charles
Old Dec 25, 2010, 08:26 PM
Market Harborough
Joined Apr 2006
3,774 Posts
Charles
Quote:
Flying a canard with Nickchud is a possibility in a few days if the weather cooperates.
I hope so!

Nick
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2006
462 Posts
Happy New Year Charles

Pen cam mounted atop the leading edge of my Georgia Goose cruising over the Mississippi scenery yesterday. Enjoy! (photos of the Goose on page 150 of this thread)

Rube

SUNP0006.AVI (10 min 46 sec)
Rube Goldberg is offline Find More Posts by Rube Goldberg
Last edited by Rube Goldberg; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2005
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the ride, Rube. I noticed the film was dated 2008. Please tell me that the Goose is still ready to go in your stable. I still have versions 1 and 2. Number one has had a cracked fuselage at the canard due to a sideways landing and number two landed in the top of a tree with no damage after it's master failed to plug in the ailerons.

Best wishes to all for 2011.
Charles
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:48 PM
Market Harborough
Joined Apr 2006
3,774 Posts
Flying in Atlanta

We were the only ones to brave the cold this afternoon at the Loganville Hilltop Flyers Club. It's not called Hilltop for nothing! The wind was a little bit unpredictable, with trees waiting to jump out at us from all directions.

However, I can report several successful flights and, more importantly, gentle landings. Charles brought one of his less precious models for me to fly and, given my hit ratio, that was very daring of him. He flew his two beautiful planes like a maestro. Even showed me his famous flat spin. I can see why his planes last longer than mine do!

Thanks for the outing Charles!

cheers

Nick
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:57 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,924 Posts
Well done Nick - and Charles! There is something special about being allowed to fly another designer's own models, don't you agree
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Last edited by Trevorh; Dec 30, 2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: punctuation!