HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,412 Posts
Leadchucker, P Farley, Thanks. You know, if you guys have a Blue Ray player, I could send you the full Pulsar flight in Hi-Def (with music). Looks cool on a HDTV, I'm watching it now. PM me if interested. I burned it to Blu-Ray disc, can make more copies..

my son shoots my video; for the latest Pulsar 3.2 ones we used a new, Panasonic HDC-TM900 HD camcorder. It has a 30X optical zoom, which allowed my son to track the Pulsar right up to the high point of 1800 AGL. At one point (not on uploaded video) he slowly zooms back to wide angle, and the Pulsar is just gone, high in the clouds.
The Flash 2 video was shot with a Sony HDR SR-11 HD camcorder. My son flies, and he knows the "pattern" I fly with the fast stuff at this field, so he knows how to lead with the camcorder, and manage the zoom.

the Flash 2 is kind of "pure" flying. Just ailerons and an elevator, with a big motor. Lots of "bank and yank" I only switch the motor on during the short vertical climbs.
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Sep 22, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:56 AM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
I have a hotliner as well, mine is an HKM (Jaro Muller) Summit powered by a Jeti Phasor 45/3 inrunner spinning a 13/7 on a 3 cell 3300mah Thunder Power. Goes straight up at 3/4 throttle! I use an ESC on the throttle rather than a switch, I like being able to control it. The Summit is about the same dimensions as the Flash, ailerons and elev only, all hollow molded T-tail design. If I manage the energy, it will stay up for a surprisingly long time, but high speed dives are too fun to avoid. Good times.
P Farley is online now Find More Posts by P Farley
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,412 Posts
Here is my first warmliner. Bullet, fast with flaps, too. Still have it, need to switch it from my Dx-7 Tx ( throttle on left stick) to Futaba 8FG.

Flying the Pulsar 3.2 today; after landing, in long grass, fuse disappeared.
Last edited by 320pilot; Sep 25, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
It's on the way!!!

Hey 320pilot, I've been watching with a lot of interest on your latest Pulsar 3.2. When Espirit sent me a e-mail offering 10% off electric sailplanes, I could not refuse such a great deal. So, anywho I have one headed my way to Virginia. Thanks for helping me choose!
bh95 is offline Find More Posts by bh95
Old Oct 04, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
Flew mine on Sunday early evening. About 65 degrees and overcast, dead calm. Stayed up for about 42 minutes with only one 10-12 second climb-out, and one other little burst to have another go around on landing. Did a few aileron rolls, and flew inverted a bit too, just because I have never really played with its manuverability. Amazing plane.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 05:41 PM
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
It's here!!!

I got home today and found my Pulsar 3.2 Poly waiting for me. The packaging was extremely well done, Thanks Espirit! It truly is a thing of beauty; the covering is perfect. I have a favor of you guys, I have built a few planes but I'm a little confused and bewildered about the two "servo pockets" in the vertical stabilizer. The flap servo will be no problem thanks to the flap setup photos previously posted in this thread. If possible could you post some photos of the tail especially the elevator. Do I cut a notch in the boom to accept the elevator servo? Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 06:54 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Sep 2004
703 Posts
Good luck with the build!

Here are a few shots that may clear things up. The tail in mine came with a slot to fit the servo in.
flyboy320 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy320
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:01 PM
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
Look here too.

http://www.espritmodel.com/pulsar-32...tallation.aspx
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Farley View Post
I should have said...Hey bh95, look here too.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 05:40 AM
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
Thanks P Farley! I found those pics on the Espirit site last night just before I went to bed. My tail boom does not have the cutout for the servo. Instead, there is another cutout on the vertical stabilizer opposite the rudder servo side but lower. After looking at this morning, it makes sense that is where the elevator servo goes. I guess I was too excited about getting my new Pulsar! Again, thank you my friend.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,412 Posts
good luck with the build bh95. The Poly version is an amazing sailplane.. It sounds like your elevator servo install is different from mine, but if you have any questions. let me know.
Last edited by 320pilot; Oct 07, 2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh95 View Post
Thanks P Farley! I found those pics on the Espirit site last night just before I went to bed. My tail boom does not have the cutout for the servo. Instead, there is another cutout on the vertical stabilizer opposite the rudder servo side but lower. After looking at this morning, it makes sense that is where the elevator servo goes. I guess I was too excited about getting my new Pulsar! Again, thank you my friend.
I've seen Pulsars and Ava's like that...both work.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:53 PM
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
Thanks Guys! Over the next couple of months I will buy the components to finish my Pulsar; maybe make this my winter project plane. I've looked it over and it looks like a pretty straightforward build. The removable nose is new to me; how and where are the esc, battery placed in these?
Old Oct 07, 2011, 03:17 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Sep 2004
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh95 View Post
how and where are the esc, battery placed in these?
I have my ESC just behind the motor (MVVS), and the battery just behind the ESC (3S 2100mah), and it balances nicely.
flyboy320 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy320
Old Oct 07, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2006
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
I have my ESC just behind the motor (MVVS), and the battery just behind the ESC (3S 2100mah), and it balances nicely.
Ditto. My ESC is right behind my Motor via super short motor wires, then the Battery (Thunder Power 3cell 3300mah) goes into the back of nose cone, I made a balsa 'stopper' and epoxied it in the front of the nose, behind the ESC, so I can push the battery in until it hits the block, that way it ends up in the same place everytime, and cant slide forward, towards the ESC/Motor. Before finalizing any of this, I did a 'mock-up' of the all of the RC gear and Battery in place, just as the plane would be ready to fly to verify proper CG. My receiver is back under the wing platform. Balanced perfectly with no added weight.