Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:08 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Nov 2003
1,977 Posts
Discussion
EVO programming for DLG (Ail/Rud mix)

Hello All,

Is there way that we can program our EVO to switch between different (three) flying phases and "turn-off" the aileron-rudder mix for one of them?

What I am trying to get is three flying phases:
Speed/Normal/Thermal and I use switch-O (a 3-position switch) to change the phase. At the same time, I would like to "turn-off" the aileron-rudder mix at Thermal phase only.

Sounds easy but I tried several methods and they can only "turn-on" the mix in one of the phases and "turn-off" in other two phases. I originally used another switch for aileron-rudder mix but I found it will make flying much easier if less swtiches are used.

Please share your experience...
Thank you.

-Kai
Kai@UCSB is offline Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2006, 03:58 AM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2005
736 Posts
I will work on it for you Kai, I have an idea as to how to do it and i will play with it. Let me know if you have tired this already though and this may not be explained the best... In the mixer menu under combi - sw, aileron -rudder mix, turn it off there. In the rudder mixer you have 3 Ail - Tr (Dr. Drela's program) and the 1st one can be turned on in place of the combi-sw aileron/rudder mix. What if you set it up and say the o switch turned that "on" and just make the "on" position your normal flying mode so that when you flip it to off it then turns off the aileron rudder mixing. Since its like 2am i will take a look at this in the morning if it does not make sense and try to explain it better. Hope that works, not too sure right now about it hahaha.

Aaron
P-51flyer is offline Find More Posts by P-51flyer
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:58 PM
No slope for richardo
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,126 Posts
I would LOVE to see a DVD for programming Radios. I have an EVO 7 and a Optic 6 and I am positive I'm only using 10% of the capabilities. Anyone have a good webosite or video out there that could un-stupify me?
Endless Sloper is offline Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
Old Dec 19, 2006, 06:17 AM
Milton Keynes, UK
Joined Oct 2005
1,162 Posts
A great website for info on MPX transmitters is : http://www.rc-soar.com/multiplex/index.htm

Mike Shellim who runs the site is well known for being one of the most helpful guys in the hobby.

In addition, have a look in the "Radio's" board on this forum. There are two guys (HarryC and Joedy) in-particular who are very knowledgable about all things multiplex.
Richard S is online now Find More Posts by Richard S
Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
No slope for richardo
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,126 Posts
Awesome, thanks Richard!
Endless Sloper is offline Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:13 AM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2005
736 Posts
http://www.multiplexusa.com/Radios/S...20Tutorial.pdf

A GREAT tutorial and how I learned to program the EVO. Takes you through step by step. And if you have questions on programming don't hesitate to post here and im sure you will get help for whatever radio you need it for.

Aaron
P-51flyer is offline Find More Posts by P-51flyer
Old Dec 19, 2006, 01:13 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,868 Posts
Kai,

I've had really good help (and I've needed it) on the Evo forum in Radios.

But I'm just curious, why do you want the rudder/aileron coupled in the other two phases?
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:33 PM
I do this for fun!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,195 Posts
I don't have an Evo (I have a Cockpit SX) but the way I have achieved what you want in the past on less capable Tx's is to create a negative ail - rud mix that is only switched on in the phase where you don't want rudder mixing. Its effect is to negate the existing mix that you want off in that phase.

Break a Leg!
skyboyken is offline Find More Posts by skyboyken
Old Dec 21, 2006, 03:11 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Nov 2003
1,977 Posts
Hi,

Finally got some time to give a try. The approach that Aaron suggested works!!! Thank you man... The only limitation is the "Thermal" mode need to be in the center position of the 3-position switch...

Gary,

I like to disable R/A mix in thermal mode because I can do more cross-control between Rudder and Aileron.

Thank you guys...

-Kai
Kai@UCSB is offline Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:21 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,868 Posts
Kai,

Glad you got things working. I guess my question was not clear after reading it. I was really wanting to know the rational for having the mix at all.
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO