HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2006
72 Posts
Discussion
Whats the best RTF hydro Flyer to start with

Whats the best RTF hydro to start with ? Does the Storm Launcher fly more stable with the twin props then one with a single bush less motor? Ive seen RTF Hydros with a single bush less motor that seems to have more power , fly longer and more acrobatic for around 150.00 but was wondering if there harder to fly then the SL? A lot of people seem to like the SL any input is appreciated,thanks
Fly Guru is offline Find More Posts by Fly Guru
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
65 Posts
SL is pura mierda, the best is Gemini, but become the miss hydro 1.5
dishjuarez is offline Find More Posts by dishjuarez
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:00 PM
What can I crash today?
Louisville, KY
Joined Oct 2006
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishjuarez
SL is pura mierda, the best is Gemini, but become the miss hydro 1.5
Uhm no. The Miss <insert the word of the week> is still that same body and frame that is brittle and it just plain sucks. It is the same frame that you would have gotten with your geeks.com order. One bad mistake and this thing is toast. Even glue cannot save some of the damage on this thing that have occured on both my Gemini and SL..

Just be careful, I was burned for 180$. I hope to see nobody else in this situation.
GeekGod is offline Find More Posts by GeekGod
Old Dec 17, 2006, 09:25 AM
Canada, B.C.
Joined Nov 2006
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekGod
Uhm no. The Miss <insert the word of the week> is still that same body and frame that is brittle and it just plain sucks. It is the same frame that you would have gotten with your geeks.com order. One bad mistake and this thing is toast. Even glue cannot save some of the damage on this thing that have occured on both my Gemini and SL..

Just be careful, I was burned for 180$. I hope to see nobody else in this situation.
im in a mission to but a gemini RTF, do you know where i can get a best deal on it?

thanks
type-si is offline Find More Posts by type-si
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by type-si
im in a mission to but a gemini RTF, do you know where i can get a best deal on it?

thanks
The Gemini is really "ARF", meaning that it's almost set out of the box, but you still need to do some assembly and purchase the appropriate electronics. Your best bet would be to find someone willing to sell a Gemini that has been already assembled with the necessary parts, but it won't be cheap...
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:18 PM
NEWBIE RC PILOT!!
UK SHROPSHIRE
Joined Dec 2006
59 Posts
The Gemini is really "ARF

ROBBE do a ready to fly version as well!!!

ROB
FUJILA is offline Find More Posts by FUJILA
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:20 PM
NEWBIE RC PILOT!!
UK SHROPSHIRE
Joined Dec 2006
59 Posts
Oops Address

Sorry forgot the link!!

am thinking about a gem as well but am not sure i can realy warrent the cost on a toy!!

ROB

http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.storefront/en
FUJILA is offline Find More Posts by FUJILA
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:34 PM
Asst to the Regional Mgr.
Bradley Beach, NJ
Joined Dec 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUJILA
ROBBE do a ready to fly version as well!!!

ROB
Rob, I didn't see a RTF version of the Gemeni on the site...where do you see it?

C/f (guy on this site) actually will build you a RTF one; seems reasonable.

Check out his site - http://Delastproducts.com
SIM-1 is offline Find More Posts by SIM-1
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:37 PM
What can I crash today?
Louisville, KY
Joined Oct 2006
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM-1
Rob, I didn't see a RTF version of the Gemeni on the site...where do you see it?

C/f (guy on this site) actually will build you a RTF one; seems reasonable.

Check out his site - http://Delastproducts.com
I think there is some confusion here. The last I saw c/f builds RTF version of the F1 Hydro, not Gemini which he has openly claimed that he would never "own".

You can find RTF versions of the Gemini on robbe.com but I am not sure of what spec they are. More info in the Gemini thread.
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:38 PM
Asst to the Regional Mgr.
Bradley Beach, NJ
Joined Dec 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
I think there is some confusion here. The last I saw c/f builds RTF version of the F1 Hydro, not Gemini which he has openly claimed that he would never "own".

You can find RTF versions of the Gemini on robbe.com but I am not sure of what spec they are. More info in the Gemini thread.
Oops, yes Geek is correct...sorry I mixed up my foamies....yeah..i'm a Noob too
SIM-1 is offline Find More Posts by SIM-1
Old Jan 03, 2007, 02:46 PM
What can I crash today?
Louisville, KY
Joined Oct 2006
659 Posts
No worries, we all start somewhere.

Here's a direct link to RTF Gemini: http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.s...ew/1&2D3123RTF
Old Jan 03, 2007, 09:57 PM
Canada, B.C.
Joined Nov 2006
328 Posts
Quote:
No worries, we all start somewhere.

Here's a direct link to RTF Gemini: http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.s...ew/1&2D3123RTF
that price is a bit too high, it's 270 Euro plus shipping if you convert it into Canadian Dollars its close to 400-500
type-si is offline Find More Posts by type-si
Old Jan 04, 2007, 10:59 AM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
My F1 RTF are around $180 delivered, no TX/RX/Battery/Charger/or plugs for such.

Not sure if these items are included in a RTF Gemini package just to compare appples to apples.........
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old Jan 04, 2007, 11:16 AM
Cary, NC
Joined Jan 2005
101 Posts
complete newb to flying and the SL has worked perfect for me. Getting confident enough to try and fly my other R/C planes that I bought, crashed, fixed, and never flew again.
00X3 is offline Find More Posts by 00X3
Old Jan 04, 2007, 11:31 AM
Suspended Account
Fairfield, NY
Joined Oct 2006
79 Posts
The Storm Launcher is a great RTF "kit" to start off the hobby. It is all set out of the box with the exception of the LiPo battery and charger, which can be purchased wherever SL's are sold. Look through the abyss that we call the Storm Launcher thread (toward the end), and there's lots of talk about SL's going for $35 at Target (battery/charger is $15). That's an incredible deal. On average, SL's sell for $69 + $29 for the battery/charger combo, so your total bill will be, at most, $100. Realistically, you will spend far less than that if you look for deals.

You're going to spend $300 minimum on a fully functional Gemini (that's only if you buy your own electronics and go for the cheaper stuff), and if you buy the RTF edition from robbe-online, it'll run you over $400 in US funds. That's just way too much $, IMO, for a newb to spend on that first RCV. Even the $180 knockoff hydro-junks on eBay are too much $ for a newbie.

No disrespect at all to c/f (he's an incredible builder and really knows his sh#!, he's forgotton more than I've ever known), but the F1 is the ugliest ARF/RTF hydro that I've ever seen. Sure, the performance of the F1 seems great, but I'd much rather attach a motor & prop to a kleenex box and fly that around. Sorry, c/f, had to throw in my $0.02 there...

Get a Storm Launcher, don't even hesitate...
upperhand is offline Find More Posts by upperhand
Last edited by upperhand; Jan 04, 2007 at 11:36 AM.