HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
Wisconsin's northwoods
Joined Nov 2006
18 Posts
Discussion
Disgusted with Hobbytron

I wouldn't believe anything those guys came up with. I waited 3 weeks for them to finally ship one out. Got every excuse and story they could invent to talk me out of cancelling the order.
bilkam is offline Find More Posts by bilkam
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
ATHF fan
SF, CA
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
ouch. I would love to see some of the excuses, if only for entertainment purposes though!
shillAT is offline Find More Posts by shillAT
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:57 PM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
hrmm.. I live in VT.. they are in Oregon. Placed an order for $200 of airsoft stuff and had it within about 5 days. Not bad considering the distance. I called and asked allot of questions too, they gave me at least 40 mins of customer service before I spent a nickle.
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
Well, yesterday I ordered a Picco Z from hobbytron. In my excitement I was browsing around the internet looking for future mods that I could do on the thing. I stumble upon this place and find out HobbyTron is selling clones.

HobbyTron's customer support isnt open at the moment but I sent them an email requesting for my order to be cancelled. Hopefully I got to them in time.
Bortak is offline Find More Posts by Bortak
Old Dec 15, 2006, 02:31 AM
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Dec 2006
498 Posts
Add me to the Hobbytron victim list. Its just not worth the trouble to me to bother with returning, but the whole "version 3 2007 model" BS just irritates the hell out of me. I know it's all really trivial moneywise, but it bothers me to think of all the kids (and adults) who will get these POS clones as gifts and think that the performance is representative. I suspect the effect on Silverlit is going to be not just lost sales to the clones but long term lost referral and word of mouth business. If I got a clone first, I would never have even thought of telling someone else to get one or get another one myself. I'm really glad I was able to get two from a TRU that had some unpacked in the back. Unfortunately it was too late to cancel my order from HT and I intentionally did not get another one from TRU because I already had one on the way from HT. Of course I didnt know then that I was actually waiting on a clone that would be completely uncontrollable and frustrating to say the least. Had a similar experience with the little micro RC cars from a couple years back. I found some cheap clones after getting my little nephew a brand name one as a gift. The clones were completely uncontrollable, but at least they were less than half the price. This Hobbytron clone actually cost me more than a third more plus shipping. Oh well, guess I can tear this one apart and tinker with it since I sure cant make it worse.
simontan is offline Find More Posts by simontan
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
ATHF fan
SF, CA
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
became a victim too: not only did they send me a fake piece of sh** "picco z," but they didnt send me the other thing id ordered. I am still trying to get through to them
shillAT is offline Find More Posts by shillAT
Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
They suck.

I too was victimized. Ordered on 11/20... They claimed it shipped 12/8, even posted a fake UPS tracking #.... never responded to emails..

Found out it just shipped today.

If I receive a clone, I've disputing the charges and filing complaints with the Attorney General and Paypal.

F'em.
arrowman is offline Find More Posts by arrowman
Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Joined Nov 2006
86 Posts
Im fairly certain

Hobbytron,xheli,zhobby,nitroplanes there all raidentech its funny all are out of honeybee iv helicopters same inventory. Dont worry there's more stores than that keep looking.
wrangler is offline Find More Posts by wrangler
Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
Wrangler, that's easy to say if you haven't been ripped off by Hobbytheif.
Hard to keep looking after the rat-bastards have taken your money.....
arrowman is offline Find More Posts by arrowman
Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:34 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowman
Wrangler, that's easy to say if you haven't been ripped off by Hobbytheif.
Hard to keep looking after the rat-bastards have taken your money.....
I think all the resellers, even HobbyTron, started out selling the real Picoo Z a few months ago. After all, it would take a while for the counterfeiters to catch up. Anyhow, due to the overwhelming popularity of the Picoo Z, stock became scarce and in came the cloners. Not only could HobbyTron continue selling a hot product for the holidays, but they could also profit more because the clones cost them less and they can still sell them for the same retail as the original Picoo Z. Of course to make it seem like the consumer is getting a fantastic deal, out comes the Version 3 BS. People like getting the latest and greatest version of a product because they assume it's always better than the old one.

Where is silverlit's legal department? They should be hiring attorneys to send c&d letters to these places.

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:46 AM
Joined Dec 2006
15 Posts
Quote:
They suck.

I too was victimized. Ordered on 11/20... They claimed it shipped 12/8, even posted a fake UPS tracking #.... never responded to emails..

If I receive a clone, I've disputing the charges and filing complaints with the Attorney General and Paypal.

F'em.
Arrowman, I'm just waiting for UPS to arrive to see what they sent. If I get a Silverlit, I'll consider myself lucky, chalk up my Hobbytron experience to "lesson learned", and never order from them again.

If I get a non-working clone, I'm queued up to hit the Utah Attorney General's office (http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/fraud.html) with a complaint: screen-shots of the Hobbytron web pages, UPS & Fed-Ex status pages, a dated journal, and links to other consumer complaints.
Glitch_Joystick is offline Find More Posts by Glitch_Joystick
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:53 PM
Roswell, GA
Joined Jun 2004
174 Posts
Thanks for the above link, they'll be hearing from me Monday.

Hobbytron is falsely advertising all sorts of things, they are crooks.
brett s is offline Find More Posts by brett s
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:17 PM
Wisconsin's northwoods
Joined Nov 2006
18 Posts
Quote:
They suck.

F'em.
The fake UPS tracking# is one of their favorite tricks. I had one for 4 days. When they finally shipped it was a cheap clone. Made them take it back.
bilkam is offline Find More Posts by bilkam
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:44 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/news.htm

ya! they noticed!
f-22 maniac is offline Find More Posts by f-22 maniac
Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
sloper liberation army
coupeville ,WA.