HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
Discussion
ClearView models and Blender

ClearView uses ac3d file format for the models and in the sceneries for collision detection. The ac3d is great and easy to use program, but is not free and the license is $70.

I spend some time learning Blender (open source free 3d modeling program from http://blender.org. It has somewhat steep learning curve but is very powerfull and is free. It supports wide variety of formats including ac3d. I am thinking to create a detailed manual how to create CV plane and heli models in Blender and making sure that CV will work well with models created in Blender.

Before doing so, I wonder, is there any interest in such manual? I mean, are there people that would create CV models, but are hindered by the ac3d price? Do you think that changing the recommended 3d program from ac3d to Blender is good or bad? How many would actually enjoy creating models if there is a good free pragram (Blender) that makes this quite easy?

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,433 Posts
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Tutorials.243.0.html
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:23 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,537 Posts
I am interested in a manual. I don't really have to time to surf the web for tutorials on how to get started in blender. It very different than 3DS MAX 5 that I used in college. Me and a few others are working on making a fan movie of Wing Commander, and I don't have MAX that I was trained on. Also I have a bunch of models in my hangar that I would love to have in Clearview. To make a long story short I can learn faster if I don't have to look for tutorials.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:42 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
Count me in

unfortunatly I didnt see this thread start in September

Blender is a great tool even with the learning curve

Always interested to keep costs lowwer but realist that too much time inputs can mean buying of the shelf is easier
swings and roundabouts

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Dec 16, 2006, 02:41 PM
France
Joined Mar 2006
289 Posts
I there any plan to had a software dual rate and expo in clearview ?
I had the bad surprise to discover that programmability feature in my TX can't be used when using the TX link, it's by direct servo control by default. So ican't do exactly like control are on my heli
Mister-T is offline Find More Posts by Mister-T
Old Dec 16, 2006, 02:52 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T
I there any plan to had a software dual rate and expo in clearview ?
I had the bad surprise to discover that programmability feature in my TX can't be used when using the TX link, it's by direct servo control by default. So ican't do exactly like control are on my heli
I am not sure what you reffer to, but CV servo settings and the Tx radio implementation (direct or software radio) are two orthogonal entities and are nor related. As I mention sometimes before, CV implements "Software Tx". On your question, you can use the TX expo, or you can use the "Software Tx expo" - the expo for helis it is in advanced settings under cyclicExpo parameter and for planes is in the easy setup. You can use the dual rates in your transmitter as it is, when you switch the lower rate, the travel will be lower just as in your real Tx and model.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz