SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
Fly/Drive. Crash. Repare.
USA, WA, Spokane or USA, ID, Rathdrum
Joined Mar 2010
141 Posts
Nice review I did one with some pictures and a lot of words as well.
funrchelis is offline Find More Posts by funrchelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:07 AM
I am a noob flyer!
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
Can you use the transmitter that comes with the CX2 to fly another blade brand heli? For example the MSR or the MCX2. I'm thinking of buying those two helis, but don't know if i will need to buy the BNF version or the RTF if I already have the transmitter that came with my CX2
flyingamerican is offline Find More Posts by flyingamerican
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Apr 2004
60 Posts
the lp5dsm will work with the mcx2 and tandem mcx (probably with other blade helis too, but those are the ones i have).

the kicker is you have to change the reversing switches when you fly the mcx's
bigdogrod is offline Find More Posts by bigdogrod
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:18 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingamerican View Post
Can you use the transmitter that comes with the CX2 to fly another blade brand heli? For example the MSR or the MCX2. I'm thinking of buying those two helis, but don't know if i will need to buy the BNF version or the RTF if I already have the transmitter that came with my CX2
You're good to go. I fly my MCX2 and MSR with my LP5DSM (CX2) Tx.
Set switches number 1 and 8 in the "up" position, the rest "down".
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:48 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Wow!! this is the only cx2 thread that's still going since 2007.

For the record, my BCXII with two brushless Neu Motors, is still running fine. The 2 servos are getting jittery due to old age, but everything else are still good including the 2.4GHZ board (I don't use the built-in ESCs though because of the brushless motors though so I can't vouch for the onboard MOSFETs' lifespan).

But hey, this is one heli that held up very well in crashes, I usually only need to change the lower main gear which always crack at its hub area where the grub-screw of the metal collar touches it.

The CX3 has a heading-hold gyro and a newer outlook but the red scale-body of the CX2 still leaves a deep impression today.
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old May 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,249 Posts
The CX2 is my first heli. I first got into RC planes in the early 80s when I was a Wee Whipper Snap. Left it, got back into it in 1992. Got back out and returned permanently in 2005. I have 13 planes and have been fighting the urge to get into helis, but I made a trade with my brother for his CX2. Man this thing is addictive! Looking for my next heli, even though I still have some mastering left to do on the CX2.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old May 19, 2011, 03:27 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
The CX2 is my first heli. I first got into RC planes in the early 80s when I was a Wee Whipper Snap. Left it, got back into it in 1992. Got back out and returned permanently in 2005. I have 13 planes and have been fighting the urge to get into helis, but I made a trade with my brother for his CX2. Man this thing is addictive! Looking for my next heli, even though I still have some mastering left to do on the CX2.
Welcome to helis. Looking for some "real" fun? Mod it for outdoor flight

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:36 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,593 Posts
I saw two of these CX2s that have, according to their owners, flown well over two hundred and fifty hours. They have had some parts wear out but thanks to replacements being available they are still in the air. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Even though they've been around a while and have HIGH initial cost, the CX2's are great heli's and still have readily available parts, both stock and modded. For as many heli's as Walkera has, their coax selection is slim. Esky almost seemed as if they were about to go under with heli's and parts very scarce until recently. Long live the CX2!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack