HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:52 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,970 Posts
Discussion
Candid camera, Russian style

But for the ending, I would have put this in Humor.
What's the world coming to?
candidcamera russian style (1 min 7 sec)
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:49 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,431 Posts
Wow. I wonder if that was real? It certainly wasn't a cool ending.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:42 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,970 Posts
Any Russian speakers here, who can translate the opening titles?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:38 PM
Joined Apr 2004
510 Posts
The opening frame says "News agency <obscene word>.net - an archive of the most shocking news" - a clear indication that we are going to see a low-quality homemade joke or something similar. Then it says "Just watch the whole thing, even if it doesn't look funny at first...". That's it.

I don't exactly understand the point of the one who posted it here. Firstly, the quality of "humor" in this video is exactly the same with most videos posted on YouTube as "humorous" ones. Secondly, the quality of "humor" in this video is typical for the most modern Hollywood "comedies". Thirdly, all parts of this "joke" are beaten-to-death cliche and have been done before a lot more than once. If fact, thee date in the end of the video (1995) suggests that it was shot (no pun indended) in the middle of nineties, when most of such stuff was done in a attempt to copy the most cheap and simplistic Western (read: American) "humor".

Even more importantly, the entire "Russian" thing could be a piece of nonsense. The opening frame (in Russian) is obviously attached in front of the video clip later - it actually refers to the Web site this video was downloaded from, but doesn't mean in any way that the video itself was made by that source. The clip proper has an opening frame in English.

Additionally, I have never seen mailboxes like that in the former USSR, but that could be just me. The graffiti on the wall use Latin characters, but that is not an indication of anyting. One of the cars could be Russian, but the rest are not, which is also inconclusive...

One of the multiple copies of this video on YouTube is not enveloped into that Russian "News agency" nonsense (begins with the English title right away) and refers to "www.foot.lx.ro" as the source, suggesting Romania as the origin. This is also inconclusive, but I'd guess that this is closer to the truth, since the people in the video just don't look Russian to me.

Anway, would the original poster, please, clarify what exactly in this video made him post it here?
AndreyT is offline Find More Posts by AndreyT
Last edited by AndreyT; Dec 12, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:37 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT
The opening frame says "News agency <obscene word>.net - an archive of the most shocking news" - a clear indication that we are going to see a low-quality homemade joke or something similar. Then it says "Just watch the whole thing, even if it doesn't look funny at first...". That's it.

I don't exactly understand the point of the one who posted it here. Firstly, the quality of "humor" in this video is exactly the same with most videos posted on YouTube as "humorous" ones. Secondly, the quality of "humor" in this video is typical for the most modern Hollywood "comedies". Thirdly, all parts of this "joke" are beaten-to-death cliche and have been done before a lot more than once. If fact, thee date in the end of the video (1995) suggests that it was shot (no pun indended) in the middle of nineties, when most of such stuff was done in a attempt to copy the most cheap and simplistic Western (read: American) "humor".

Even more importantly, the entire "Russian" thing could be a piece of nonsense. The opening frame (in Russian) is obviously attached in front of the video clip later - it actually refers to the Web site this video was downloaded from, but doesn't mean in any way that the video itself was made by that source. The clip proper has an opening frame in English.

Additionally, I have never seen mailboxes like that in the former USSR, but that could be just me. The graffiti on the wall use Latin characters, but that is not an indication of anyting. One of the cars could be Russian, but the rest are not, which is also inconclusive...

One of the multiple copies of this video on YouTube is not enveloped into that Russian "News agency" nonsense (begins with the English title right away) and refers to "www.foot.lx.ro" as the source, suggesting Romania as the origin. This is also inconclusive, but I'd guess that this is closer to the truth, since the people in the video just don't look Russian to me.

Anway, would the original poster, please, clarify what exactly in this video made him post it here?

Why, it's clear as day! He did it so you could apply your astute and un-chauvanistic analysis on Hollywood, video technology, and humor.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog