HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee Mark 3

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and want to purchase a heli. I have been following the discussions and I guess Honey Bee is the way to go. I would like to learn with this baby and maybe improve it later to do some aggressive maneuvers. Any suggestions? Anything more durable at this size? (fixed pitch) Thanks.
Vefa is offline Find More Posts by Vefa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
This is what I heard is GREAT for learners... BUT..... do what I am doing (from what I hear it's a good idea)

I bought an eSky (fake) USB transmitter on eBay ($30) and Clearview flight simulator and am practicing a 1/2 hour each day for a couple months before I actually buy the heli. This developes hovering skills and the 'reflexes' for how to use the transmitter no matter what orientation the heli is in.

My 2 cents.

And... read this entire thread... will take many hours though!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458261
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:43 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
The Honeybee FP will serve you well and has more a lot to offer newbies to intermediate flyers. A sim is nice but not necessary if you follow the Radd method.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:03 PM
Huntsville, TX.
Joined May 2006
394 Posts
Pick up some training gear with your purchase. When you out grow them they can be recycled as flybars. Also pick up an extra pack of skids, you will need those in the first week.

Brian
bhbuster is offline Find More Posts by bhbuster
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:42 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Honey Bee

I have a sim and learning to hover. Anything more durable than Honey Bee at this size? (fixed pitch of course) Can I improve its lifting capacity by changing its motor?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
Orlando Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vefa
I have a sim and learning to hover. Anything more durable than Honey Bee at this size? (fixed pitch of course) Can I improve its lifting capacity by changing its motor?
For this type of helicopter there is nothing more durable then the honey bee FP it will take a beating read the FP owners thread over 200 pages and nothing bad said about the fp. Draw your own conclusions!!!! Most people who have them have two because they don't want to have down time because they are so much fun to fly. As far as upgrading do what is needed to make it the best it can be and leave it stock. Save your money for your next heli a cp model after you learn how to fly the fp.
mrmuffinmanvw is offline Find More Posts by mrmuffinmanvw
Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhbuster
Pick up some training gear with your purchase. When you out grow them they can be recycled as flybars. Also pick up an extra pack of skids, you will need those in the first week.

Brian
What else should I keep in stock in case of accidents?
Also, did anyone try how much payload it can carry?

Thanks,
Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
Fly NAVY
In the sticks of Maine
Joined Aug 2006
106 Posts
Keep extra flybars, and landing gear.
doodle bug is offline Find More Posts by doodle bug
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
What's difference between Honey Bee Mark 3 and Mark 2?? As they the same?
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Dec 18, 2006, 06:28 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
They are just retailer coined words. They usually differ in what comes with the package like what type of battery. Heli is pretty much the same.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Dec 18, 2006, 08:05 PM
Huntsville, TX.
Joined May 2006
394 Posts
If you are looking at the hobby-lobby site, the mk3 is a honeybee fp with lipos and lipo charger otherwise it is the same as the mk2 or fp2 which comes with a nimh and nimh charger.

Brian
bhbuster is offline Find More Posts by bhbuster
Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:23 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Any idea on how much weight I can carry with Honey Bee? Thanks...
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:30 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vefa
Any idea on how much weight I can carry with Honey Bee? Thanks...
Not much, it does pretty well to carry its own weight when using the stock NiMH battery. Lighter is better with these little guys. If you are looking for something to lift a payload, better go for a larger heli.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:35 AM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
This Honey Bee FP (4CH) heli with nimh battery, can carry a wireless mini camera which weight about 60 - 65g without any problem.
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA