HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:03 PM
Joined Dec 2006
115 Posts
Discussion
Heli-Max Axe EZ

Hello, everyone! This is my first post, about my first R/C aircraft, the Heli-Max Axe EZ. I was a little bit nervous about teaching myself to fly helis, but this is a really easy aircraft to fly. The only way it could be any easier would be if it were a car or boat.

The first day, I was all over the place. I was flying inside, in the living room. I tried to take my time and go slow, which helped a lot. Basically I just slid it around on the floor for a while. By the third battery charge, though, I felt comfortable lifting into, well, not quite a "hover," but I could keep it off of the walls.

After about 10 charges, however, I have got this little thing down cold. The biggest challenge for me was learning to work the throttle to anticipate the heli's tendency to drop with control input. Also, learning the difference between ground effect and normal hovering took some time to figure out.

It is easy to learn on, stable and very durable. Flight time is not very long, but adequate for learning. A little while ago I was flying around my bedroom and the blades grazed the wall--no big deal! The skids are very fragile, but you can just super-glue them back together pretty much an infinite number of times. If you are thinking of getting a beginner heli, this is a good choice in my opinion.

So, I went back to the hobby shop about four days later to buy a battery, and a Blade CP Pro followed me home. Big, big difference, but not impossible. It's, uh, waiting on some new blades right now.
tdogg77 is offline Find More Posts by tdogg77
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:29 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg77
So, I went back to the hobby shop about four days later to buy a battery, and a Blade CP Pro followed me home. Big, big difference, but not impossible. It's, uh, waiting on some new blades right now.
Let the heli-crack addiction begin.

Welcome! Sounds like you're having fun, and that's the name of the game.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:15 PM
Joined Dec 2006
115 Posts
Can anyone suggest a reason it would start flying backwards only? Besides battery position. Thanks.
tdogg77 is offline Find More Posts by tdogg77
Old Jun 19, 2007, 05:26 PM
Joined Jun 2006
4 Posts
Did you try adjusting the servo linkage?
leveraction is offline Find More Posts by leveraction
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:52 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg77
Can anyone suggest a reason it would start flying backwards only? Besides battery position. Thanks.
i just got mines three days ago, im already starting on my mods, i'll be putting pictures up as i go, but from what ive seen try adjusting your forward / reverse trim on the cyclic controls, that might work...
fly_guy_2008 is offline Find More Posts by fly_guy_2008
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
Joined Jun 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Let the heli-crack addiction begin.

Welcome! Sounds like you're having fun, and that's the name of the game.

-Chris
I KNOW its like i need a hit maaaannnn... IM JONESIN' lol
fly_guy_2008 is offline Find More Posts by fly_guy_2008