Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rongreg13, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evil Genius
Loveland, OH
Joined May 2005
98 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Sold
HET F-4 Phantom w/ Retracts *Completely RTF minus receiver*

For sale is my brand new HET F-4 Phantom twin EDF jet with custom retracts. I just recently finished assembling this one with all brand new components and have made 2 check out flights to make sure everything is airworthy. It is fast as heck and quite stable with only one click of trim needed on its maiden flight. Landings are easy and there are no real bad habits that I could see in my initial flights. Unfortunately, Iíve got some bigger EDF projects that have taken over, so this one is up for sale!

This Phantom is in absolutely 100% perfect shape with no damage at all. The jet is designed for bungee launch, but I have modified it with a set of micro pneumatic retracts from Southeast Model Products with their custom spring loaded struts. The nose strut even has dual wheels like the scale one! These retracts are air up, spring down similar to Spring Air.

The plane is powered by twin Wemotec Mini Fan 480s. These are the newest versions of the fans with aluminum spinners and both have balanced rotors. The motors are HET EDF 2W brushless motors that are fed by a pair of Tanic 3S 3650 batteries and twin Castle Creations Phoenix 60 ESCs. The batteries hook up to a parallel wiring harness that provides a 3S2P 7300mah power supply which is shared by both motors. The motors peak around 50A with total output over 500W per side. The ESCs are in the thrust tubes for cooling and the batteries are held in a custom tray by Velcro straps and are accessible through the removable canopy. The air fill valve and receiver switch are also accessible through the canopy as well.

The jet has a total of 4 Hitec HS-65HB servos (2 aileron, 2 elevator) and two Hitec HS-55 servos (retract valve and nose steering). I replaced the stock wooden control horns with Robart ball link control horns and have upgraded the aileron linkages to a more solid setup. I used a Castle Creations Berg 7 receiver for my test flights (not included), and used a transmitter mix to control the two separate elevator servos. If needed, you can always add a Y-harness to control them if you donít have enough channels. All extensions are present and ready to plug into your receiver. There is also a new 600mah Sanyo cell 4.8V nicad battery for receiver and servo power.

Everything is setup to achieve balance with no additional ballast. The air tank is in the nose, the receiver battery is on the top deck behind the canopy, the lipos are in a tray at the back of the canopy, and the receiver will mount on the upper deck at the rear under a removable hatch. All you should need to fly is a receiver and the necessary support equipment (chargers, air pump, etc.), none of which is included.

Unfortunately, this jet is a single piece with no way to remove the tail or wings. This makes shipping VERY difficult as it would require a crate to be safely shipped. Due to this I am offering it at great price to anyone who wants to pick it up or meet me within a REASONABLE distance from Cincinnati, OH. If you need to have it shipped, then youíll have to add the cost of the crate and actual shipping to the total price.
ASKING PRICE: $875 OBO (Add price of crate and freight if you want it shipped)
rongreg13 is offline Find More Posts by rongreg13
Last edited by rongreg13; Dec 10, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:39 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,362 Posts
Trader Rating: 126
Sent PM.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evil Genius
Loveland, OH
Joined May 2005