SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2002, 08:16 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2001
87 Posts
4 channel radio w/mixing

I would like to upgrade my focus 3 am to something 4 channel so I can possibly hook up a camera, and have adjustable end points. My plane also seems to need constant trim adjustments while flying. To glide without power I need lots of up trim. While under throttle it wants to climb straight up , but my motor is even pointed down. The biggest problem seems to be during high speed, where I need lots of up trim. How can I make the trim settings the same for gliding, powered flight, and high speed flight. My plane is a slope slayer wing warrior and I have a kontronik drive 200 setup with a 10 cell cp1300scr and a 10x5 prop.
thanks for any advice,
HILDY
HILDY is offline Find More Posts by HILDY
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2002, 10:29 AM
Lifes 2 short, go sloping
colorado @ 5500feet
Joined Sep 2001
1,054 Posts
the Hitec flash 4x is a great choice, I have seen them for $150 and it is fully digital with a digital trim and exponential and full mixing. I use it and love it, very easy to use and will hold 5 different planes settings at the same time.

I stick to slopers pretty much so I can't help with the trim problem.
Vinnya42 is offline Find More Posts by Vinnya42
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:15 AM
Greensboro/H.Pt/Win-Salem P.T. Intl, North Carolina, United States
Joined Dec 2001
809 Posts
Get the Hitec Eclipse 7, just the transmitter. Its about $230 with spectra module. If you are into this RC stuff, which I think you ae, get a good transmitter, it'll last you for a long time. Airplanes will come and go, servos and recevers hae to be matched for the type of airplane you fly, but a good transmitter will be there always flying all your airplanes. If you love this hobby, you will end up having many airplanes. I can guarantee, you will need more than 4 channels in the near future.

The futaba 9CAF/CAP is also a good bet.

Hope this helps,

Vipula.
Vipula AD is offline Find More Posts by Vipula AD
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:06 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
On the economy end, the Hitec Laser 4 is a nice radio that includes mixing, reverse and servo end point adjustments.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:59 PM
USA, MD, Bethesda
Joined Nov 2001
480 Posts
I second the Eclipse, it is a little more expensive than some of the others but value for money there is, imho, nothing to beat it. You have the memory for seven models and more mixes and flight modes than you can shake a stick at, dual rates, exponentials and on and on. Even now when I review some of the new radios I am amazed at the value of the Eclipse. I do not think I will need another radio, just so this one lasts, and Hitec get excellent marks for service and quality.

Cheers - Lawrence
LawrenceHare is offline Find More Posts by LawrenceHare