HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2006, 09:17 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Discussion
Stall Speed Indicator Feature from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Why risk your multi-thousand investment on a bad landing?

Eagle Tree Systems is pleased to announce the release of the variable beep rate Stall Speed indicator feature for our Seagull Pro telemetry systems. This feature is ideal for jets and other planes that are stall-prone during landing.

To use the Stall Speed feature, just install our latest software from the support page of our website, read the instructions on setting stall speed, configure the stall speed trigger, and you are ready to go! Once configured, the Seagull Wireless Dashboard will begin a slow beep when the trigger speed is reached, and will begin beeping more rapidly as your speed decreases, helping you to maintain correct speed during landing.

If you don't yet have our Seagull Pro telemetry system, see your dealer, or order directly from us if there is not a dealer near you. We now have support for wireless display and alarms for key Jet ECU parameters from JetCat, AMT and Fadec based turbines!

And as always, phone and email Technical Support from Eagle Tree is free and unlimited.

See your Dealer, visit our site at http://www.eagletreesystems.com or email sales@eagletreesystems.com for more information.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:02 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Why risk your multi-thousand investment on a bad landing?

Eagle Tree Systems is pleased to announce the release of the variable beep rate Stall Speed indicator feature for our Seagull Pro telemetry systems. This feature is ideal for jets and other planes that are stall-prone during landing.

To use the Stall Speed feature, just install our latest software from the support page of our website, read the instructions on setting stall speed, configure the stall speed trigger, and you are ready to go! Once configured, the Seagull Wireless Dashboard will begin a slow beep when the trigger speed is reached, and will begin beeping more rapidly as your speed decreases, helping you to maintain correct speed during landing.

If you don't yet have our Seagull Pro telemetry system, see your dealer, or order directly from us if there is not a dealer near you. We now have support for wireless display and alarms for key Jet ECU parameters from JetCat, AMT and Fadec based turbines!

And as always, phone and email Technical Support from Eagle Tree is free and unlimited.

See your Dealer, visit our site at http://www.eagletreesystems.com or email sales@eagletreesystems.com for more information.
Hi Bill,
Just a suggestion, as you now sell the stand-alone altimeter/airspeed indicators, I think that a stand-alone stall indicator would be fairly easy to implement by using most of the firmware/hardware of the airspeed indicator.
add a pushbutton to program the stall speed in conjunction with the seven segment LED, add a FET to act as a switch to an external light (a Luxeon Flash would be ideal here), some changes to the firmware and voila, a 'stand-alone' stall indicator. Would save me the trouble of building my own!
of course, if there is enough programming space left, there is no reason why both the airspeed and the stall speed features could not be incorporated in the same package.
Regards,

Jacques
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:09 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,772 Posts
I feel ripped-off.

Seems a bit of a rip-off that the standard recorder does not have such an important feature as the stall warning. It is only a software/firmware feature.

If I were to get the pro recorder I assume I can just swap it out with my regular one and use all my same sensors??????
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:05 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Is this feature available with the E-logger and OSD setup?
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:33 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
FWIW, I set up a stall speed warning on my Seagull Pro in the following fashion:

In my sailplane I carefully entered stalls as if I were landing with plenty of altitude to recover. I performed this a number of times heading upwind, downwind, turning, etc.

I then down loaded the data and compared the air speed to the sudden altitude drops. These corellated easily and I took an average of the speeds and set my speed alarm about 2-3 MPH higher that where the plane appeared to stall. It works fine for me. I use this technique in my "high end" (multi thousand $) scale ships.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Last edited by bobthenuke; Oct 20, 2011 at 06:55 PM.