SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2006, 12:56 PM
Larnaca Cyprus
Joined Nov 2004
153 Posts
Discussion
Jet Legend Hawk

I have now had three outings with my Jet Legend Hawk with the modified wing & it is now flying beautifully. No nasty habits. I have fitted a Wren Supersport, although it will fly fine on a 14lb turbine.

Brief history:- Bought one a few months ago, set the C of G at 155mm as shown on the plan. First flight it stood on its tail & crashed.
JL apologised & stated the C of G should have been 120mm (later revised to 100mm). they sent me a complete new jet including undercarriage wheels & brakes for free. While I was building it, others crashed theirs. The wing was found to have wash in, instead of wash out. JL designed a new modified wing & supplied it free of charge to everyone who had bought a jet. Outstanding customer service.

Regards

Jim
Jascat 100 is offline Find More Posts by Jascat 100
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2006, 03:35 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Mar 2005
54 Posts
Jim,
Congrats on the T-45. That was my first pick before the F-15 but with the wing issue and my experienced jet buddy telling me they are somewhat difficult to fly, I went with the F-15. Maybe it will be #3. Do you have any video? I have not seen any with the new wing. Only Yang flying it with the old wing. Thanks.

Marty
supercruise is offline Find More Posts by supercruise
Old Dec 07, 2006, 11:33 PM
RAVjets Demo Team
Palo alto, Ca
Joined Dec 2006
20 Posts
Jim,

Congrats on your flight. I was hearing some scary stuff from that jet. I gotta admit that I like my JL F-18C. I will seriously consider and JL jet in the future.

How is your elevator mechanism hooked up?

Raf
Ravill is offline Find More Posts by Ravill
Old Dec 08, 2006, 06:43 AM
Larnaca Cyprus
Joined Nov 2004
153 Posts
Marty. Sorry I don't have any video. The video on the JL site is not the best advert for the T45. With the new wing it is easy to fly & lands at a much slower speed.

Raf. The JL t45 comes with a nicely engineered elevator linkage which incorporates universal joints. The servo also fits in this unit. It solves all the problems that the old Skymaster Hawk used to have.

Regards

Jim
Jascat 100 is offline Find More Posts by Jascat 100
Old Dec 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
541 Posts
Hi Jim, Any chance you could post some pics. of your Hawk with the SS...also wondering what AUW is with the SS and how she flies.

-Cheers
Marty C... is offline Find More Posts by Marty C...
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2007
1 Posts
T-45

I have started a Jetlegend T45! can anybody give me the full detail setup for the model?

Regards

Mauro
limy_3 is offline Find More Posts by limy_3
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2006
70 Posts
I need some pilots for mine.....any suggestions? Thanks
Lear31A is offline Find More Posts by Lear31A