SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2006, 06:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Discussion
Brushless RPM Sensor/Tach from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Brushless Motor RPM Sensor from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Eagle Tree Systems is pleased to announce our innovative new Brushless Electric Motor RPM Sensor/Tachometer. Our Brushless RPM sensor makes it extremely easy to measure RPM with any of our Eagle Tree data systems.

To measure RPM on your brushless electric Plane, Heli, Car or Boat, just tap one wire from our tiny new sensor into one motor lead, enter motor parameters in our software, and you are ready to go!

The Brushless RPM Sensor is compatible with our MicroPower, PowerPanel, Seagull and Data Recorder products, and will be shipping to our dealers and customers on approximately December 14, 2006 (just in time for Christmas)! Preorder yours today!

See your Dealer, visit our site at http://www.eagletreesystems.com or email sales@eagletreesystems.com for more information.

Note: Using the Brushless RPM Sensor with our Seagull and Data Recorder products requires firmware level 4.XX or higher, which has been shipping since approximately August, 2005. Click here for Upgrade Info (PDF).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
Cleveland Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States
Joined Dec 2000
401 Posts
Bill, How many RPM will it log on 2 and 4 pole motors?
JIM CALDWELL A is offline Find More Posts by JIM CALDWELL A
Old Dec 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
I pre ordered one how's the shipping coming along?

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Dec 17, 2006, 09:36 PM
Splash down!
United States, FL, New Port Richey
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
I ordered one on the 4th. I am not in a hurry though... whenever it is ready I am sure they will ship it. It would be nice to get an update though since the website now shows the 15th but it still says it is pre-order.

I am looking forward to this. Anyone know a good connector to use for the ESC/motor tap wire? It shouldn't need much amperage I assume so I was thinking of a simple servo connector on it.
xStatiCa is offline Find More Posts by xStatiCa
Old Dec 18, 2006, 05:10 AM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
I think I'm just gonna skin the HS off one bullet connector and add a tap with the female end of a DB pin ( about 3$ for a db 25 printer kit from radio shack) Then repeat for each heli I want RPMs on. Putting a male on the sensor will allow pretty easy portability. Sorta like a micro bullet connector.

If you have only a few airframes to use it on you might be as well off taking the plastic ends off a servo extension and using the pins/sockets. That'd get you 3 done with no crimping, as you can use the attached wires.

Everything would of course be covered with small HS tube like the bigger bullets.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:56 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi All,

We have been the unfortunate recipients of this:

http://www.komotv.com/news/4935976.html

We now have power back on, and are using cellphones for internet access.

The mail has started to run again, and we are supposed to receive the brushless expanders from the factory today, which means shipping starting tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree Systems, LLC
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:56 PM
Splash down!
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
Hope everyone is alright after a storm like that.

Thanks for the update. Any update to the update?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. We are shipping the Brushless starting today! We'll get all the preorders out as quickly as possible, presumably by Friday.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree Systems, LLC
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:22 PM
Splash down!
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
Got mine today. All hooked up but should I use 1:1 for gear ratio for Align 430L motor? I used 11.538 (150t / 13t) for gear ratio and 6 poles and it seems like the RPM values are almost 12 times more than they should be.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 01:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi xStatiCa,

Can you graph "Prop RPM/Headspeed" and see if that looks correct? The "RPM" field is actually the true motor RPM. We need to relabel that to make it more clear.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2006, 01:33 PM
Splash down!
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
Thanks! That is all it was .

I love this brushless RPM sensor. Much easier to get this to work than the other ones.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 02:19 PM
Splash down!
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
How does the 'I want high resolution RPM' advanced hardware option affect tthis sensor( or does it)? Is there a downloadable PDF that explains some of this stuff?

I can't use the help menu option with the software because windows vista does not have the older help system anymore. I don't know if it is explained in there or not.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:17 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi xStatiCA,

That option increases the resolution of RPM readings, especially at higher RPMs, but has the downside of somewhat reducing logging time.

Looks like we've got some work to do for help with Vista!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:43 PM
Splash down!
Joined Jul 2006
935 Posts
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I want to enable it.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 04:38 PM
NW Victoria Australia
Joined Sep 2003
482 Posts
Bill,

An enhancement please,
I have a number of twin engined electrics Gws-262, GWS-38, A10, and others

Could we have two RPM sensors with a graph that plots rpm differential that would be real handy for setting up throttle curves and balancing motors.
Bthree is offline Find More Posts by Bthree