HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2002, 03:30 PM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
Buyer Beware!!!! I got screwed out of $500.00 bucks

Be careful who you deal with i think i got taken for $500.00 bucks from a member of this site.I am new to rc boat racing but have raced the real ones for 10 years.I recently wanted to get into rc tunnel boat racing and found this web site.Went to the classifieds and found a boat.I then contacted the party with the boat and purchased it.I sent him a money order and have yet to see the boat and its been over a month.Two weeks after i sent him the money and after 20 phone calls he calls me and said it got sent back to his house so he would overnight i to me the friday of the laborday weekend so i figured it would be here on tuesday so i am waiting and no boat so i call him 5 times and finnally got a hold of him and he said he sent it tuesday but didnt overnight it because of the cost.$50.00 tommorrow it will be 7 days and still no boat if i dont get it by friday i am taking legal action and i will put his name on this board.I am very turned off to this sport now and if i ever get the boat will probably sell it because of this experience.Thank you for your time.Bob
Mach Z is offline Find More Posts by Mach Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2002, 04:24 PM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
If you plan to purchase something out of the classified section and are not sure shoot me an e mail and i will tell you if its the same guy.I am keeping his name private until Friday if i dont have it by then i will post his name.I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2002, 01:52 PM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
He was suppose to call me 3 days ago and he never has,Thats ok he will be hearing from my lawyer.Still no boat yet,you know who you are,For being a manager of a hobby store he sure does piss poor buisness.I will post his name tommorrow.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 05:57 AM
4 Point Landing
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Sep 2001
477 Posts
Mach Z.....Post his name now............also post it in the "classifides" section..........Idiots like him cause alot of unnecessary grief...........

Fred
fred420 is offline Find More Posts by fred420
Old Sep 14, 2002, 08:04 AM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
His name is Baxter Walton aka speed 1013
Old Sep 15, 2002, 05:53 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,168 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would a bad experience dealing with "one" person, cast such a dark cloud over the entire hobby of R/C boating?

Guess I just don't understand that logic. If you race "big" boats (as you stated), and you have a Mercury outboard - because they decide to go out of business - do you blame the entire group of boat builders, racers, mechanics, sponsors, race officials, etc. ?

While you might have a legitimate argument and be "pissed" at one indiviual - please don't cast a negative on the entire hobby. After all, you are the one who elected to buy from a classified instead of a local hobby shop! Want to save money - put up with the risk. Don't want risk - go to your local hobby shop and order through them.
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Sep 15, 2002, 06:58 PM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
Because one bad apple spoils the bunch.$500.00 is a lot of money to me.I have raced hydroplanes,drag raced snowmobiles and recently sold my 70 chevelle drag car and thats where the money came from.I live in Michigan and i had a guy in Seattle send me $2000.00 worth of props to test on my hydro.I didnt even know the guy bt he sent them and said try em if they work send me the money if not send the props back.I had a lot of experiences like that when i was racing and i did it for ten plus years.Then my first venture into rc racing i get ripped off,How would you feel.
Old Sep 15, 2002, 10:08 PM
4 Point Landing
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Sep 2001
477 Posts
Hey guys , don't beat up on Mach Z. Speed 1013 is the ##$@$%!!!! He is the one that is ripping people off. Read the other posts in the Elec For Sale and you will see that Baxter Walton is a very UNTRUSTWORTHY person.

Read the threads and see for yourself. I got ripped off in the Car section for $150.00 and it left a bad taste in my mouth. The last 2 deals I have done went smoothly.

Fred
fred420 is offline Find More Posts by fred420
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:36 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,168 Posts
You Missed The Point ..........

It ISN'T THE HOBBY it's the individual!

Your quote, MachZ ........ "I am very turned off to this sport now" and "one bad apple spoils the bunch"

Since I am "part" of this sport, I guess that "lumps me into your bad apple" group - eh? Man - talk about painting a whole sport with a VERY BROAD BRUSH ! That includes you too Fred - since you also are a part of the "group"!!!!

You've got every right to be pissed - but direct it at the individual - NOT AT THE SPORT !!!
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 01:06 PM
Alpena,Michigan
Joined Aug 2002
13 Posts
I apologize for the remarks it was said out of anger and i sincerly hope i didnt offend anyone if i did i am sorry.I did however buy a new boat,Its the 1-12 scale miss bud should be here by friday i cant wait.Again i apologize if offended anone one this website.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 01:27 PM
Function Over Form
Connecticut
Joined Feb 2000
1,043 Posts
I agree with machz, one bad apple does spoil the bunch.
BillH is offline Find More Posts by BillH
Old Oct 14, 2002, 08:54 AM
Toledo Oh USA
Joined Jul 2002
3 Posts
Besides your lawyer you should contact his local police department as it is theft.

Also it is possible to go to the post office to see if the money order has been cashed. If it hasnt you can get you $ back.
Ryan_from_Ohio is offline Find More Posts by Ryan_from_Ohio
Old Sep 24, 2004, 09:14 AM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
I switched over to boats and the first 3 people I bought boat stuff through ripped me off, and one was at the hobbie store. No more bussiness form me. I know how you feel i am beginning to feel the sport Is full of a bunch of (offensive content removed by moderator), but I can't judge the hole sport on three people though, although 3 out of three were.
I got tired of buying stuff through people so I built one of my own every thing new, it's the best way to go, cost a little more but a lot less headaches. There has got to be (offensive content removed by moderator) out there
zenchal26 is offline Find More Posts by zenchal26
Last edited by tonyo; Sep 24, 2004 at 12:06 PM. Reason: offensive content
Old Sep 25, 2004, 05:27 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,910 Posts
Baxter Walton has a bad reputation all over the R/C world for ripping off people royally. Hire a Lawyer if you don't already have one then get him on FEDERAL mail fraud charges!
Baxter, you rotten SOB and other words that I can't use on this site, I hope that they hang you by your Family Jewels!
Don't let this poor excuse for a human deter you from R/C boating. It is a great hobby/sport with a lot of fine people in it. That's what has kept me going for years in it.
I know of at least 2 others that I will not name at this time that aren't trustworthy either. As they say on eBay, Buyer beware.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:18 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2 Posts
Item not sent

You can also go to the police and post office and file charges against him for mail fraud it is a federal crime to recieve money in the mail and not give product or fraud someone sending money.

also report it to the better business bureau and the attorney general.
animalpals2 is offline Find More Posts by animalpals2