HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:32 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoyle
Saved locally and printed for digestion tongiht, thanks a bunch.

I've also made a book out of the RADD site so I can mull through it as time allows at home.
My apology. I should have given more info on what I was talking about with the swash plate and such, but I see you've got a lot of good responses. Klondikes is right in that the first mod you should make is Jamie's Boom and Skids. The first thing your likely to break is the blades, followed by the inner shaft, usually at the same time. Get the CNC inner shaft and replace it soon as you break the plastic one, which you probally will. Setting the linkages is a tedious and time consuming process but you usually only have to do it once (1 half turn at a time) As your doing this hover at least 2 to 3 feet off the ground to make sure your out of ground effect (the turbulance created by the air movement as it bounces off objects close to the Heli) If you put on Jamie's skids you can drop the CX2 from at least six feet up and it will only bounce, as long as it hit right side up of course, so don't worry about breaking anything if you have to dump power and get it down quick. Hope all of this helps. Before long you'll be doing piro's and figure 8's. Nose in is a little harder, everything is backwards from tail in, but you'll eventually get that too.
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
Newby

Hello evryone, just signed up and thought I would introduce myself
Heliaddict28 is offline Find More Posts by Heliaddict28
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
Anyone know if boomtown is quick on shipping orders?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliaddict28
I've placed two orders with boomtownhobbies.com in the evening and both have shipped the next day.
TheBum is online now Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:37 PM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
Welcome Heliaddict28,

We're glade you're here.

You have a great resorce, in this thred.

Tim

Blade CX, CX2, LAMA, Vortex, Micron & most co-axial heli's, Effective Upgrades & Mods
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1167

_
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:39 PM
Justabirdindasky
Bakersfield, CA.
Joined Mar 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
I've also had a fine experance with Boomtown.

They seem to get the shippment out the same day, as long as the order is placed before 1:00PM, their time.

Tim
TABLESAWTIM is offline Find More Posts by TABLESAWTIM
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
Crashin' n learnin'
Hopkinsville, KY
Joined Dec 2006
807 Posts
Quote:
Hey there Heliaddict28. Welcome to RCGroups. I take it from the title of the thread you posted in that you own a CX2? Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do mine.

klondikes
klondikes is offline Find More Posts by klondikes
Old Jun 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
Thanks everyone. yes I do own a CX2 and being my first heli it is a blast. I've only had it about two weeks but I'm addicted
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Thanks everyone. yes I do own a CX2 and being my first heli it is a blast. I've only had it about two weeks but I'm addicted
How many part have you had to replace?

I've only had mine since Memorial Day weekend and I think I've spent more on replacement parts and upgrades thus far than I did on the heli itself.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
I broke a few parts,but as I broke them I just went to the aluminum. I have an order placed for the CF boom, skids, and 2 DN Power batteries. So I think I now have an expensive heli also.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
TheBum,

Did boomtown send u a confirmation email when they shipped your order?
I placed my order yesterday at 5:50 PM mountain time and have not gotten a ship confirm.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:30 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,660 Posts
Quote:
I broke a few parts,but as I broke them I just went to the aluminum. I have an order placed for the CF boom, skids, and 2 DN Power batteries. So I think I now have an expensive heli also.
I bought the exact same things from Jamie (the proprietor of Boomtown). My next purchase from him will be a DN Power balancing charger.

Quote:
Did boomtown send u a confirmation email when they shipped your order?
I placed my order yesterday at 5:50 PM mountain time and have not gotten a ship confirm.
If the order was shipped anything less than Priority Mail, you probably won't get a confirmation. I didn't on my boom and skids, which were shipped First Class. You can always e-mail jamie[at]boomtownhobbies.com and ask; he's very responsive to e-mails.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
Killen, AL
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Hi guys,
First, let me say that I'm pretty new to the RC helicopter world. I'm not familiar with all the CX2 threads floating around on this site, but this one seems to be good for general questions.

I purchased a CX2 about a week ago at the local hobby store and have had a BLAST with it so far. Just when I thought I was getting pretty good, I had my first crash this afternoon.
I'm still not sure what happened. I made a very sharp, fast turn while flying forward and the heli started wobbling and I couldn't recover (was about 20 feet off the ground). I had a couple of other instances in the past week in which I was doing similar maneuvers and it seemed that the upper and lower blades were making contact. Still not 100% if that's what happened today though.
Anyway, I expected the damage to be worse, but from my initial teardown and inspection it looks as if all I need are new upper and lower blades (had a small crack in the front canopy, but no big deal). One of the upper blades ended up with only a small crack, but both lower ones have about 1" missing off the ends.
I took the body off and checked the aileron and elevator movement and both look good. Even though it looks ok to me, I'm sure there's other thingsI could be missing. When you have a hard crash, like I had, that involves a major blade impact, what other areas of damage should I look for? Also, what else should I check after I replace the blades to make sure that they're set correctly?

Thanks guys.
jpcody is offline Find More Posts by jpcody
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:16 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
TheBum,

The balancing charger from DN is great, you won't regret it.

Jpcody,

Check the flybar, confirm it is straight. Also, I see lots of people suggesting the CNC innershaft/flybar holder, I tend to stick with the old plastic one. I remove the screw from it and I seem to get less damage. The CNC one holds the flybar in place and allows the flybar to get smacked without a release. Removing the flybar holding screw from the plastic one give it a chance to get away. I have two CX2s and one with and one without the CNC top knot, and I think i like the one without better.

Also, if you get wobble or TBE on your next flight, make sure the entire head is straight, no bent flybar/shafts. If you find other problems, the people here will solve it for you eventually

You very well may have had a blade strike, or you went into the turn too fast and hard. Coaxial Helis don't really like fast and sudden. Get good on this and move up to a single rotor bird for some wild flights

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:30 PM
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
jpcody,

I would also check the lower blades and make sure they are still sturdy and not able to wobble like the flybar does. Not sure what that part is called, I am very new to this hobby as well. I do Know that mine broke and I was totally clueless to the fact that it was broke. That is when I went aluminum. Someone should be able to give the name of that piece.

I believe it is the lower rotor head.