SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Got my fins and LED kit in from www.boomtownhobbies.com yesterday! The LED kit looks pretty sweet. haven't mounted it up yet, but I did power it up. The front spot is BRIGHT and the other LEDs will make night flying at a distance a snap. I will try to get it together and take some pics. And yeah, Jamie has several great products. The booms and skids are great! Like Klondikes said, the skids he sells are the last pair you will ever need.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
ANP
New Zealand
Joined May 2007
6 Posts
Blade CX2 replacement parts

Has anyone tried the replacement parts offered by bladecx2.com?

These parts seem of better quality.
ANP is offline Find More Posts by ANP
Old May 12, 2007, 06:14 AM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANP
Has anyone tried the replacement parts offered by bladecx2.com?

These parts seem of better quality.
Looks like the same repackaged parts from the Vortex parts that bladecxpro sells. even the same video on the site.

You can get the parts WAY cheaper here:
http://www.slickzero.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=VTXParts

and only 1.95 shipping.

I just placed another order for the Lipos today.
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old May 12, 2007, 08:41 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Yep, they are just repackaged vortex parts. Don't buy the motors, they have had very mixed results. The shafts are a bit longer, but its a pain to get them to work IMO. I tried, gave up long ago. I have never really seen a thread that discussed how great these parts are, but I have seen many posts that said don't buy from there, you can get the parts cheaper elsewhere.

Diggs
Old May 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Just finished installing the LED kit from www.boomtownhobbies.com and I Must say it is much cooler than I thought it would be. Lights are plenty bright, and the way its setup, it doesn't hamper the canopy at all. So you can pull the canopy off and on without the LED kit getting in the way. I did have to ream out a pair of holes on the left and right sides for those LEDs to poke through, but no mounting to the canopy. I was worried about that since I didn't want it to interfere and make it difficult to remove and replace the canopy. I also installed the new yellow and blue fins to match the canopies. Pretty nice, I like the blue the best I think. The yellow is just a bit darker than the CX canopy, but the blue is a closer match. Happy with both, prefer the blue.

Diggs
Old May 12, 2007, 04:41 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
Just finished installing the LED kit from www.boomtownhobbies.com and I Must say it is much cooler than I thought it would be.
That is awesome I have to get it...I really have to stop watching this thread, It's costing me an arm and a leg....LOL
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old May 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
The Future is Here Today
Kansas City
Joined Jan 2007
306 Posts
Am At A Loss Here As To What Is Wrong

Hey DiggyDiggs and others. I just finished tweaking out one BCX2 that I plan on giving to my Daughter's boyfriend. It flew great, 5 second no hands on hover. Then took my own BCX2 up. I experienced the first crash I have had in over two months (I can fly this thing pretty good now). On visual inspection nothing looks like it is broke, but it now wants to spin nose to the left. Before it would give me hands off hover for a good ten seconds or so. Any idea's at all as to what I may have broke that is not visable without tearing the whole thing down (Darn: This makes two Heli's to fix, one BCX2, one Honey Bee FP, and not to mention my T-Rex 450 which I am still building.)
jdunn9 is offline Find More Posts by jdunn9
Old May 12, 2007, 07:46 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Wassup Jdunn,

Funny how an impact to the heli will cause it to yaw. I have noticed that as well. Not sure why, but I doubt anything is broken. I see it frequently due to my aggressive flying

Try the proportional on the 4 in 1 and see if you can get it to chill out using that. I bet once you get it right, it will be as good as new. My fathers CX2 has the propotional all the way over now and I can't get it to trim exact anymore. Kinda sucks, but what can ya do. half way through a pack you just have to fly it out with a little rudder control constant.

GL
Diggs
Old May 12, 2007, 08:59 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Ok, The LED is very cool, just went out for a night flight. Amazingly bright. However, it is not for those with just a pack or two. It DOES drain a pack quick. Didn't time it, but obviously reduced flight time. I would quickly guess half the normal flight time, but that is a guess only. Still very cool, and with the on/off switch, shouldn't cause a problem with flight time when it is off and connected.

Channel 5 activation for the win. If they would make it so you could turn it off and on from the TX, it would simply be perfect!!!

Diggs
Old May 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Have to make a retraction. Don't know if the LED kit or something else is causing my short flight times. I just turned off the kit and got about a whopping 5 min flight with a fresh pack, about the same as i got with the LED on. SO.... Might be time for new brushes for those extreme motors. However, based on what I just experienced, don't pass judgment on the LED kit for the short fly times as I posted earlier. Might be a bit premature to make that call. And we all know how painful being premature can be

Diggs
Old May 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
OK, so I am being a Post hog today/tonight....

Found this though and thought I should share. I was just at www.slickzero.com looking for some ESCs and what not. What do I discover? It would appear they are the first US reseller for the Extreme 180 Motors!!! So you can now get them without having to pay out like $30 for shipping!! I just picked up a spare set and they also have the replacement brushes. Trying the carbon and silver. The 180s are one of my other favorite mods for the CX2. The booms still take first place, but the motors are up there pretty close along with the CNC swash and lower rotor holder.

Diggs
Old May 13, 2007, 12:06 AM
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
Hey Diggs,

I plugged in a led kit into a DN power 900 mAh pack and let it run for over 8 hours without draining the pack. The LED Kits use very little current. I am going to have the DN powers batteries on my site in one week too.

Also E-flight has changed the color yellow they use. The older yellow is pale and does not match as good as the new yellow bodies which seem to be dead on with my skids. Here is mine.

www.boomtownhobbies.com
stersman is offline Find More Posts by stersman
Old May 13, 2007, 12:31 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Yeah, I figured when I turned it off and got the same short fly time that something else was up. I just found new brushes and motors at slickzero, so I will wait and see what happens after those arrive.

Great to see you go for the DN power Lipos!! They are still my favorite packs. However I find it harder to locate the 900s and see the 850s more often now I have both and feel the 900 is a better pack. A touch thicker too and stays in the CX2 holder better. Hope they aren't discontinuing the 900s.

Still happy with they yellow fins even though it isn't an exact match with my older canopy. No worries at all, still looks much better. But the blue is really nice with the CNC head parts and the fins. I might go in search of a newer CX yellow canopy

Thanks again!!
Diggs
Old May 13, 2007, 12:44 AM
The Shadows are coming!
Glen Forrest, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2006
1,373 Posts
Just for reference, Thanh estimated that his LiGlow lighting system - navs, strobes and lander - would only reduce total flight time by about 6 sec.

Stersman: By the way I like your Boomtown site and the goodies. Will be in touch.

Sirion
Sirion is offline Find More Posts by Sirion
Old May 13, 2007, 01:18 AM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
Daddydiggs:

Miracle Mart only charged me $6 for shipping, though Slickzero is a bit less.
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair