HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:53 PM
Joined Nov 2006
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexHobby
With the CX2 I really only suggest people buy a second battery and extra blades before they leave the shop. We also try to get people to open the box and let us show them how to fly and trim the tail.
I wish my LHS was that nice when I bought my CX.
freecheeseman is offline Find More Posts by freecheeseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexHobby
Hi everyone! Let me give you a little of a different perspective. I am a CX2 owner and also a Hobby Shop owner. I was actually one of the first to fly the cx2 in my area as I opened the boxes when they got to the shop. After multiple flights with the cx I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the cx2. Unfortunately after hundreds of flights the only things that we have found different from the cx to the cx2 is the radio(DSM), gain pot, and body. I am a huge fan of the DSM so that alone made me jump on the cx2.

Corey
I would look a little closer. The frame is different, so are the servos, Which I find are junk. It only took me 3 seconds to see that. I guess you will need to stock more parts.. Are those links to your store ??

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
Old Dec 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,796 Posts
Talk to us xtreme .............what makes you think the new servos are junk
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:15 PM
Mendocino,CA
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Also make sure one (or both) of the main rotor blade pins didn't break.
Man if I had a brain I'd scare myself..Duh maybe it's the lower blade that's an inch and a half shorter than the others..

Fixed that issue, as well as adjusted the swash and generally getting a learners feel for the bird.

In an attempt to trim out the nose yaw after working all day with the mixing pot, I tried running through all of my trims. I don't hearanything when I adjust the rudder trim slider. Does that input go to the 4 in 1 or should I be hearing a servo arm move?
monkeywrencher is offline Find More Posts by monkeywrencher
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:39 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Rudder trim on the CX biases the gyro.
There's no servo to move.
The gyro feeds the motors.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:50 PM
Mendocino,CA
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Rudder trim on the CX biases the gyro.
There's no servo to move.
The gyro feeds the motors.
Copy that Sparky..
Thanks again!
monkeywrencher is offline Find More Posts by monkeywrencher
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:05 AM
United States, NY, Lake Grove
Joined Mar 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
I would look a little closer. The frame is different, so are the servos, Which I find are junk. It only took me 3 seconds to see that. I guess you will need to stock more parts.. Are those links to your store ??

Joe

Dude, I really think you got a lemon or something ... Ive run 20 packs thorugh my CX2 ... Not a problem or a crash yet ... The thing is sooo much more precise than the CX ...

You and I gotta get together so you can fly mine .. Where on the island are ya?

Nunu
NuNuJet is online now Find More Posts by NuNuJet
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:54 AM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Talk to us xtreme .............what makes you think the new servos are junk
Just personal opinion. I don't like that there are no screws holding the cases together. mine are loud. I had one go out in the first few packs. The new one dosen't sound any better. I'm going to retro the S75. IMO it's a better servo.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:58 AM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuJet
Dude, I really think you got a lemon or something ... Ive run 20 packs thorugh my CX2 ... Not a problem or a crash yet ... The thing is sooo much more precise than the CX ...

You and I gotta get together so you can fly mine .. Where on the island are ya?

Nunu
Hey nunu
I'm in selden, where are you. I just don't like the feel of the 2. And the tail drift drove me crazy. Stock or modded the same as my cx it just dosen't fly to my liking.

I'll be at the coram field on sunday, if you want to go let me know.

Joe
Old Dec 17, 2006, 09:57 PM
Tornado Alley
Joined Nov 2001
690 Posts
Looks like I am going to jump on the bandwagon. Being my first heli, what parts should I buy for spares. I don't have local support, so the internet is my hobby shop. Are the CX and CX2 using the same blades? I know I need a bunch of those. I just figure I will break a few things before long, and want to stock up on the common ones.

Thanks!
40acrefield is offline Find More Posts by 40acrefield
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acrefield
Looks like I am going to jump on the bandwagon. Being my first heli, what parts should I buy for spares. I don't have local support, so the internet is my hobby shop. Are the CX and CX2 using the same blades? I know I need a bunch of those. I just figure I will break a few things before long, and want to stock up on the common ones.

Thanks!
Blades and skids and you should be good to go- just may want to bite the bullet and upgrade the inner shaft to the CNC version- the stock upper head snaps like a twig.

Happy flying, and welcome to the club!

Dave
cobra command is offline Find More Posts by cobra command
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:27 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acrefield

Thanks!
More importantly than blades is the flybar. Most of the time it will bend beyond repair before you break a blade. I would also order a inner & outer shaft. I have not broken a skid yet with some pretty hard landings. If you do order the aluminum top shaft be sure to order spare inner shafts for it. Nothing worse then being down for a week for a 3 dollar part.

Joe
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
1,423 Posts
Very good points. I completely forgot about the flybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
More importantly than blades is the flybar. Most of the time it will bend beyond repair before you break a blade. I would also order a inner & outer shaft. I have not broken a skid yet with some pretty hard landings. If you do order the aluminum top shaft be sure to order spare inner shafts for it. Nothing worse then being down for a week for a 3 dollar part.

Joe
cobra command is offline Find More Posts by cobra command
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
Very good points. I completely forgot about the flybar.
Thats why we're all here. to help each other out.

Joe
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:42 PM
Tornado Alley
Joined Nov 2001
690 Posts
I am filling a cart as we type....
How about the training gear. I have kids that may be trying it out too.

Shame the don't just make a standard crash kit.
40acrefield is offline Find More Posts by 40acrefield
Last edited by 40acrefield; Dec 17, 2006 at 10:55 PM.