HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:47 PM
Edmond, OK
Joined Dec 2006
225 Posts
Diggs, I installed the CNC swash and lower rotor head, too. It does make quite a difference in control and performance. I was really surprised just how much by just installing the swash. It flies like a different bird entirely. I'd recommend the swash and lower rotor, too.
NitroExpress is offline Find More Posts by NitroExpress
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
38.4mph 12cell SV27
Madison, AL
Joined Sep 2006
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droy000
I have not vented.........
Come on........it's good to vent! Feels good too.
Blackjack52 is offline Find More Posts by Blackjack52
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:25 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Especially after eating mexican food!
Butters is offline Find More Posts by Butters
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
Riverview, FL
Joined Dec 2002
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi800
If people really arenít my random tidbit is as follows:

Without using the heat sink paste the heat sink actually has the opposite effect. It insulates your motors instead of drawing and dissipating the heat off of them. The heat is being transferred off your motors to the heat sink by going threw the air in-between the two, which isn't an effective way to transfer heat. If you use the heat sink paste, however, it will transfer the heat to your heat sink very effectively. It will decrease how hot your motors get ten-fold. So I highly recommend using it.

Thatís my two-cents. I hope I'm not repeating someone else or saying information that is taken as common knowledge.
i have also been told that too much paste can have the same effect.
nose_first is offline Find More Posts by nose_first
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:42 AM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
after about 10 flights (all simple hovering around as i improve my skills) it seems my 4in1 is dust. everything looks okay after turning on the tx and plugging in the batt. the 4in1 led is solid green. if i give it some throttle the right stick dies and that ain't good when you're in the air! at this point the green light flashes red/green and i lose all control on the left stick but can use the right.

i put a call in to horizon hobby (800 number on back of blade manual) and gave them my info. they asked that i send the 4in1 into them. i'm guessing they'll either fix or replace it. the sad part is i'll still be spending money on a new one so i can fly... i hate waiting for mail.

err.. almost forgot to add. i did try re-binding the tx to my rx but that didn't fix the problem.

You have a week solder joint somewhere in the rx, try looking for a crack in the solder or touch up the solder joints with a fine tip iron.
Get a magnifier to check it out
cx1 is offline Find More Posts by cx1
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
One last MOD

Its been fun !
Best MOD's to date that can be done to the CX are
A tail boom, Extreme 180 motors, aluminum swash,flybar holder,bearing cup and lower rotor anything else is just BLING, IMHO
But time to move up for the summer, I love my little CX and definately will keep him for indoor flying especialy after almost loosing him to a draft and a very busy street.
Got myself something for outdoors should hold up in the wind very well.
This one has a modded fuel delivery system.
cx1 is offline Find More Posts by cx1
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:48 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1
Its been fun !
Best MOD's to date that can be done to the CX are
A tail boom, Extreme 180 motors, aluminum swash,flybar holder,bearing cup and lower rotor anything else is just BLING, IMHO
But time to move up for the summer, I love my little CX and definately will keep him for indoor flying especialy after almost loosing him to a draft and a very busy street.
Got myself something for outdoors should hold up in the wind very well.
This one has a modded fuel delivery system.
You are sadly mistaken my fellow flyer. I have just done my own mod, that so far I havent seen has not been developed. Can you say bomb drop???

The servo is a Cirrus CS-5.4 Molecular Micro Servo. Speed- 0.10s/60: 4.8v. Torque is .9Kg-cm/11oz-in. The bomb dromp is balsa with 2 small loops made out of cut straw, bomb is a temp sensor for a turky with another small loop.

After a while I will probibly build a more... lets say "higher class" one. But for now it works.

The addition of the weight dose not effect flying time. This mods gives more challenges to overcome, such as: Pin the bomb on the familey members head, or bomb cat. The posibilitys are endless. Happy Flying!
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Last edited by That can fly?!?; Apr 14, 2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 05:55 PM
38.4mph 12cell SV27
Madison, AL
Joined Sep 2006
159 Posts
Now you're thinking. Let me know when you have her rigged for carpet bombing.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:33 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack52
Now you're thinking. Let me know when you have her rigged for carpet bombing.
Well maybe not carpet bombing, haha. But right now Im workin on an internal bombay for my F-27C Stryker. Should drop about 10 paint balls. You could consider it carpet bombing.
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:52 PM
38.4mph 12cell SV27
Madison, AL
Joined Sep 2006
159 Posts
Make sure you tell the ants not to bother running.....they'll only die tired!
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
Say no to interfierence!!
United States, OR, Terrebonne
Joined Mar 2005
49 Posts
Master Cheif helicopter rescue

Helicopter rescue!!!
John Campbell is offline Find More Posts by John Campbell
Old Apr 15, 2007, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2005
68 Posts
New All Carbon Boom Designs

Hi

I normally do RC Cars but i Love my CX2 and started making some Custom Booms. I tried the ebay delrin version one but i broke the delrin tail on the first hard landing. So i started doing All Carbon tails. I have a few designs and a few more on the way. Also if anyone has a request for soemthing one off i can do that pretty easy aswell. email sjakes20@aol.com

I have a few pics and video

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1653&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7190&rd=1&rd=1
Pro Z Racing is offline Find More Posts by Pro Z Racing
Old Apr 15, 2007, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2007
41 Posts
that's very cool pro z! The way you mount the boom is pretty cool.
yzfr6drw is offline Find More Posts by yzfr6drw
Old Apr 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
38.4mph 12cell SV27
Madison, AL
Joined Sep 2006
159 Posts
Looking for some info on a modified stock flybar using the Helimax AXE EZ flybar ends. It seems the stock flybar ends would have to be unhooked off (looks like they're hooked into place onto the stock ends).
After removing the stock ends, the "hook" would have to be cut, being careful to ensure the same amount of material is removed from both sides, for balance. Then, it's just a matter of filing a small groove for the hex screw to dig into, and of course follow this with a quick balance.

Does this sound about right?
A plus to this mod I would surmise, having a shorter flybar, will get rid of some of the clacking.

Thanks.

This heli is a hoot. No TRex or DF36Z, but very fun. Had her doing modified Imellman's and jinks. Saweet.

John,
Nice rescue.

Pro Z,
I like the adjustability. Might have to get some. Need to work a tail design.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
West-Central Wisconsin
Joined Mar 2007
32 Posts
I notice that there were a few posts about installing a buzzer to warn of low voltage.
I have a cheaper solution. I have a timer on my watch that will "count down" from what ever you set it for. I have done some experimenting and find that I can fly for 10 minutes and the batteries are down to 7.2 v . Since we don't want to go down to 6 v I choose not to fly beyond 10 minutes but I bet I could get 11 or 12 minutes out of it.

I make it a habit to check the voltage when I finish a pack and I also make it a habit to put a balancer on the pack after charging, as well. My packs charge up to 8.42 or 8.43 v after about 2 hours on the Eflite charger.

A question for Peregrine Falcon----I read where you were going to experiment with shortening the top blades, the bottom blades, and both sets of blades.

I don't remember reading the results of these experiments. It seems that recently, you have just suggested shortening the TOP blades to 5.5" to avoid blade clashes.

I'm currently waiting for my boomtown tail boom and skids to arrive and then I think I'm ready to move the pushrod out one hole on the 'elevator' servo.

jim
jimras is offline Find More Posts by jimras