Live free or die.
The act or process of locating
Joined Jan 2007
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs
Guys

Couple of things are driving me nuts...
Clearview seems to reset the controls every time I upgrade - otherwise, I haven't had that issue. Probably an .ini file in the program's folder you can save and reference the old settings. I just set the controller back up again after an upgrade.

Not sure about the USB cable, but with the SmartPropoPlus/PPJoy setup it is very important to actually calibrate the joystick in the Windows game controller app or the joystick will behave badly.

- Scott
TheDBA is offline Find More Posts by TheDBA
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:36 AM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon
Hi all:

I remember when this thread was just beginning. Now we're on page 66 and post #1000 is about to be written

This has been a great place for everyone to share ideas, thoughts, mods and ask lots and lots of questions! With the recent influx of new folks, I read a lot of posts asking about mods and mentioning how it takes so long to read through this entire thread to find them Although it's great to read every post because we can all learn from each other, I realize the frustration when you're trying to find just mods -- mods that work!

I belive I have a solution. I'd like to offer all of us here on the CX2 thread, a web site that would list all the mods that have been tried and especially work. The advantage to this -- as I see it -- no one can just post something. MondoMor started an FAQ thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=cx2+faq), but then folks started to post questions and comments that took away from his great idea. I was guilty of that myself and I apologize to MondoMor for that.

On the site, I could list mods with photos you folks send to me as well as instructions on how to proceed through each one. Of course, we'd have to mention this is not an official E-flite web site and all mods are done at your own risk.

I'm willing to create this if you think it's a worthwhile project. If you want, I can create a page just to show you what I think.

In the mean time, I'd be interested in your thoughts. Just trying to add to the wonderful experience the CX2 brings for all of us!

You can post your thoughts here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Take care...happy flying!

Robert
Robert,
I'm sure it would be a very usefull page. I would read it.
RCFlyer55 is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:48 PM
West-Central Wisconsin
Joined Mar 2007
32 Posts
Could somebody please answer this?

I would like to know what the voltage is
supposed to be when you need to replace the
4 AA batteries in the transmitter. You get a read-out
on the face of the TX showing the voltage so
it's not hard to monitor.

It appears that there is an option to install
rechargable batteries and then just recharge
them using the charge jack on the side of the
TX case. I don't really worry about this because
AA batteries are cheap.

I would like to know the low voltage so I
don't crash this bird because of a couple of
bucks worth of batteries, however.

Anybody know????

Thanks.................jim
jimras is offline Find More Posts by jimras
Old Apr 02, 2007, 06:31 PM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimras
I would like to know what the voltage is
supposed to be when you need to replace the
4 AA batteries in the transmitter. You get a read-out
on the face of the TX showing the voltage so
it's not hard to monitor.

It appears that there is an option to install
rechargable batteries and then just recharge
them using the charge jack on the side of the
TX case. I don't really worry about this because
AA batteries are cheap.

I would like to know the low voltage so I
don't crash this bird because of a couple of
bucks worth of batteries, however.

Anybody know????

Thanks.................jim
I tried to charge re-chargable batts but the plug on the did not work. Not sure why. I think in the manual it states 4.8V
Old Apr 02, 2007, 07:37 PM
Registered Addict
BodÝ, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
812 Posts
Just wondering, what shop have the best price for the CX2, and also ships to, like Norway?
Stigern is online now Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2007, 07:02 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Just wondering, what shop have the best price for the CX2, and also ships to, like Norway?
I'm not sure about the Norway shipping, but try http://www.myrcsupply.com/.

Their price is good right now!
barnyardflyer is offline Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2007, 08:55 AM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyardflyer
I'm not sure about the Norway shipping, but try http://www.myrcsupply.com/.

Their price is good right now!
WoW I would grab it at $159.99 that's a steal. Everyone else is selling-out the CX at theat price.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Haven't posted in here in a while and thought I would report some results. I FINALLY got my Alum. lower rotor holder in today. Ordered it on Jan 14th from MyRCsupply.com and got it today. WOW, talk about a back order!! However, I must say that myrcsupply has great prices on e-flite items, but the ship just a little slower that other dealers, a day or two maybe. My only issue with them is when something is back ordered, it can take an eternity. But they will gladly cancel the order and refund you at your request if you are tired of waiting. If you confirm items are in stock, you will do well with them. I will continue to order product from them in the future.

Now, I installed the lower rotor holder, and some of you may know I haven't been a big fan of the nice CNC parts for the CX2. Well, I am a changed man. I installed the CNC swashplate a couple of weeks ago after finally breaking the original that was probably the last and only original part of my CX2 other than the main frame ... Both of these parts are well worth the dough. The CX2 is more stable and more responsive, less slop, just good stuff. I fly the CX2 about once a week or so now, but tonight I took her out for a pair of packs through the front yard and it was great. No wind and a nice slow and easy flight. No issue and stable as can be with the new CNC parts. I still don't do the inner shaft flybar holder on this CX2, but I do have it on another one that works well. Mystery on that, some seem to work, others add TBE. I might revisit that again, I still have 2 of these just sitting in the tool box. But anyone considering the lower parts on the rotor, go for it. They rock!!

Diggs
keep the skids down!
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:20 AM
Joined Apr 2007
5 Posts
I didn't quite know where to put this random tidbit but since I did this on my CX2 I figure why not throw it here.

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about putting the heat sink on there motor's but I havenít seen a lot of people talking about using the heat sink paste. I was just wondering if it was just common knowledge that you use it or if people really arenít.

If people really arenít my random tidbit is as follows:

Without using the heat sink paste the heat sink actually has the opposite effect. It insulates your motors instead of drawing and dissipating the heat off of them. The heat is being transferred off your motors to the heat sink by going threw the air in-between the two, which isn't an effective way to transfer heat. If you use the heat sink paste, however, it will transfer the heat to your heat sink very effectively. It will decrease how hot your motors get ten-fold. So I highly recommend using it.

Thatís my two-cents. I hope I'm not repeating someone else or saying information that is taken as common knowledge.
Gandi800 is offline Find More Posts by Gandi800
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
38.4mph 12cell SV27
Madison, AL
Joined Sep 2006
159 Posts
Very good point. I'm with you.
Blackjack52 is offline Find More Posts by Blackjack52
Old Apr 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
In Heli Heaven!
Clarkston, MI
Joined Nov 2006
67 Posts
I used the E-Flite paste on my CX2 heat sink & have noticed a considerable reduction in motor temps - & I have not vented my fuse!
droy000 is offline Find More Posts by droy000
Old Apr 11, 2007, 03:31 PM
Angels without wings
USA, NY, New York
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
I think a lot of people did as I did and used CPU thermal paste(Arctic Silver) and have had good results. No paste would surely cause the opposite reaction as you stated.
Last edited by RCFlyer55; Apr 12, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
FNG-4-Life
Bossier City LA
Joined Jan 2007
181 Posts
Being a computer nut, and having built several computers for myself over the years, I know the true value of good thermal paste. As a side effect, I have ample Arctic Silver compound. Arctic Silver has been shown (by alot of geeky computer nerd testing) to reduce CPU temps by several degrees over "stock" thermal pastes and heat transfer pads.

The first thing I did when I got my motor heatsink was to apply a little (thats all you need) Arctic Silver to the heatsink and install it...

I don't have a before/after comparison, but I trust the chemestry/physics to do its job.
Pondafarr is offline Find More Posts by Pondafarr
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts

Check post 884 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ic#post7088195
of this thread. Arctic silver is the deal.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:18 PM
FNG-4-Life
Bossier City LA
Joined Jan 2007
181 Posts
Although I will strongly advocate Arctic Silver ($4.99 for 3 grams, which is enough for about 4356324657 BCX heli's) , ANY thermal paste is better than none. Drop by any computer store, they prolly have handfulls of OEM thermal paste packets layin around, they may even pay you to take it away heh.
Pondafarr is offline Find More Posts by Pondafarr