Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:16 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfail
CX1

Are they a direct replacement (i.e., no mods, same pinions, mounting screws etc.)?

Do you order two of the same motors or is there another different one to order for the second motor?

I did this mod and agree, its a great update. Nothing at all is needed. Get the A and B version so they will directly replace the current a and b motors, one has the extension on the pinion. They will drop right in, no mods needed.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:26 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
Ther is an A & B no mods needed just bolts in place, and get the replaceable brushes that go with it to save on shipping costs.This is a definite must have item, better than vortex motors
cx1 is offline Find More Posts by cx1
Old Mar 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
If you got a couple of extra bucks, here is a link for even more radical motors although the pinions are probabley not included,
For you motor freaks out there try replacing the ferrite magnets with theses NEO magnets found on this Page Link
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ath=74_100_111

Thanks to all of you for your ideas
they really helped me understand the mechanics of heli's

P.S. I don't work for Miracle mart just a customer

my modded CX
Just ignore those wings they are too hard to make if you can't keep a set of blades on for more than a week
Last edited by cx1; Mar 26, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 06:14 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
Another treat for You motor freaks
These should work on a CX with a little soldering
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules...hp?storyid=230

Here's a treat for brushed motors CP or CP Pro owners ,If you wanted to keep your heli running inexpensively.
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/products/1/MO002_s.jpg
from the same web site
Last edited by cx1; Mar 26, 2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 06:55 PM
chaddlee
Mississippi
Joined Jan 2007
103 Posts
yeah, i ordered some parts from bphobbies and they were great with service and getting the parts to me in a great manner. Bphobbies is who i'll buy from now. getting low shipping cost would be great too
chaddlee78 is offline Find More Posts by chaddlee78
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
253 Posts
Just bought my motors and spare brushes from Miracle Mart. Looking forward to them.

CX1 thanks for the heads up, info and link.
jfail is offline Find More Posts by jfail
Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
cx1
Joined Jan 2007
43 Posts
just flew 2 BAT packs back to back and they were barely warm
anybody wanna a heat sink will sell real cheap
Another thing I notice the battery gets full use, The light on the 4in1 stays green almost all the time until the very end then it starts to go red then it just starts to land.
Unlike before where the light would change from green to red more often when under the slightest load.
A defenite improvement
Last edited by cx1; Mar 26, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Live free or die.
The act or process of locating
Joined Jan 2007
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight_heads
i'd like to know how to possibly build a cable for the lp5dsm too... can someone post a pic of there cable they have for this?
After a lot of trial and error (mostly error), I was able to confirm that it IS possible for the lp5dsm transmitter to work with SmartPropoPlus and PPJoy and Clearview with a relatively common cheap stereo cable. I wasn't able to find specifics posted anywhere, so here's what worked for me. YMMV ...

- SmartPropoPlus version 3.3.0 (I'll call it SPP) with PPJoy extension
- 1/8" stereo audio cable (male plugs both ends)
- Plug cable into trainer port on lp5dsm and line-in or mic input on soundcard
- Keep line-in volume about midway between min/max
- Setup SPP per included docs (choose Generic PPM and check the PPJoy box)
- Setup PPJoy per docs except (here's the important part):
- choose 5 axes (English is weird :^) instead of the example of 6
- Setup each axis as follows (all analog):
X axis: Reverse 1
Y axis: Reverse 2
Rudder: Reverse 3
Throttle: Analog 0
Dial: Analog 4
I don't think the above order matters, but I'm not messing with it ...
- Make sure transmitter is actually turned on (necessary for lp5dsm)
- Go to Control Panel / Game Controllers and calibrate the new "joystick"
- If you're configuring PPJoy and recalibrating, make sure you click on the Game Controller display window to make it active (or you won't see the dials move)

I have the Clearview flight sim and I just map each axis to the appropriate control surface in the sim's controller setup. They all work - even the channel 5 dial. I'm not sure how to setup the other sims.

I speculated (incorrectly) earlier in this thread that the lp5dsm was not "understood" by SPP. That's what you get for speculating. My main problem was not using line-in and the next problem was configuring each axis (while not having a clue as to what the 60 or so analog/digital channels in PPJoy actually do).

Just to be clear - I personally am successfully flying Clearview using the lp5dsm that came with my CX2 after many previous failed attempts to do so. I already had the 1/8" cable laying around from an old computer speaker system with subwoofer so it cost me $0 and a little trial and error time to use my lp5dsm to fly the sim. I'm sure the $40 cables are great and hopefully simpler to setup, but this did what I wanted for no cash and I'm not getting any glitching in the sim - it just works.

Hope this saves someone some aggravation - and I apologize in advance if this is old news.

Have fun,

- Scott

lp5dsm to analog channel mapping (at least as shown in PPJoy):

Left stick up/down (Throttle): 0
Left stick left/right (Rudder): Reverse 3
Right stick up/down (Y-axis/Elevator): Reverse 2
Right stick left/right (X-axis/Aileron): Reverse 1

Here's a link to the $6 cable you need to have:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
TheDBA is offline Find More Posts by TheDBA
Last edited by TheDBA; Jun 18, 2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: both line-in and mic input work
Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
TheDBA: Thx for the controls for the LP5DSM -> PPJoy!

Needless to say, I got one of these bad-boys and man its cool! I'm glad I didn't drop the 200+ $ on Real Flight!

I charged up the battery and started hovering last night- just around in the house. Too bad I had Homework, my daughter and work to deal with.... didn't get more than 5mins in with it
phdeez is offline Find More Posts by phdeez
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
PPJoy + LP5DSM

TheDBA: My question is this- when you have the trainer cord connected to the Tx, and have the power switch "on" does the Voltage read on the front? Just wondering
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
Well, I was using the mono cable rather than a stereo patch cable. It is very important to use the stereo patch cable b/c when I had the mono cable connected the batteries got EXTREMELY HOT [did not melt plastic, but it smelled like something was burning] and the voltatge display was blank.

Anyways, I used your settings and they work perfectly!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
Does it come in Flouro??
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
725 Posts
ClearView

Guys

I loaded the full version of ClearView last night and hooked up my Tx - tried a couple of JR Tx's with a USB cable - and proceeded to set it up.

Couple of things are driving me nuts...

It keeps losing the control settings I have setup and reverting to what it wants everything to be. Plus, the Aileron stick, Mode 1 (right stick, horizontal), behaves very strangely - when I move it, the indicator on the control panel moves very strangely, suddenly reversing direction.

I also find the physics model a bit wierd...

Any ideas?

I use FMS and AeroFly Pro Deluxe, no problems at all! We are looking for a cheap, photo realistic simulator to use with the kids at the high school where I work - the kids build and fly a Gene Bond foamy as part of a Technology elective.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Numb Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:45 AM
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2006
82 Posts
Modifications web site

Hi all:

I remember when this thread was just beginning. Now we're on page 66 and post #1000 is about to be written

This has been a great place for everyone to share ideas, thoughts, mods and ask lots and lots of questions! With the recent influx of new folks, I read a lot of posts asking about mods and mentioning how it takes so long to read through this entire thread to find them Although it's great to read every post because we can all learn from each other, I realize the frustration when you're trying to find just mods -- mods that work!

I belive I have a solution. I'd like to offer all of us here on the CX2 thread, a web site that would list all the mods that have been tried and especially work. The advantage to this -- as I see it -- no one can just post something. MondoMor started an FAQ thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=cx2+faq), but then folks started to post questions and comments that took away from his great idea. I was guilty of that myself and I apologize to MondoMor for that.

On the site, I could list mods with photos you folks send to me as well as instructions on how to proceed through each one. Of course, we'd have to mention this is not an official E-flite web site and all mods are done at your own risk.

I'm willing to create this if you think it's a worthwhile project. If you want, I can create a page just to show you what I think.

In the mean time, I'd be interested in your thoughts. Just trying to add to the wonderful experience the CX2 brings for all of us!

You can post your thoughts here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Take care...happy flying!

Robert
Peregrine Falcon is offline Find More Posts by Peregrine Falcon
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2006
23 Posts
Bcx/2 Dedicated Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon
Hi all:

I remember when this thread was just beginning. Now we're on page 66 and post #1000 is about to be written

This has been a great place for everyone to share ideas, thoughts, mods and ask lots and lots of questions! With the recent influx of new folks, I read a lot of posts asking about mods and mentioning how it takes so long to read through this entire thread to find them Although it's great to read every post because we can all learn from each other, I realize the frustration when you're trying to find just mods -- mods that work!

I belive I have a solution. I'd like to offer all of us here on the CX2 thread, a web site that would list all the mods that have been tried and especially work. The advantage to this -- as I see it -- no one can just post something. MondoMor started an FAQ thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=cx2+faq), but then folks started to post questions and comments that took away from his great idea. I was guilty of that myself and I apologize to MondoMor for that.

On the site, I could list mods with photos you folks send to me as well as instructions on how to proceed through each one. Of course, we'd have to mention this is not an official E-flite web site and all mods are done at your own risk.

I'm willing to create this if you think it's a worthwhile project. If you want, I can create a page just to show you what I think.

In the mean time, I'd be interested in your thoughts. Just trying to add to the wonderful experience the CX2 brings for all of us!

You can post your thoughts here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Take care...happy flying!

Robert
Hi Robert; I think you have an excellent idea. There is so much good info scattered about. We could all benefit from a single spot where we could help one another much better.

In particular, I tried to get a response from some dude who claimed to have some nice, heavy-duty (white plastic) skids for the BCX/2. I tried several times to get more info but all my requests were ignored, leaving me to believe that the pic was a "Photoshop" fake.

We could expose such rascals if we had a common point of focus.

Thanks for a great idea, I hope you carry forth with it.

--STASHMO
STASHMO is offline Find More Posts by STASHMO
Old Apr 02, 2007, 01:45 AM
Live free or die.
The act or process of locating
Joined Jan 2007
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdeez
TheDBA: My question is this- when you have the trainer cord connected to the Tx, and have the power switch "on" does the Voltage read on the front? Just wondering
5.3v - I'm using NiMh rechargeables so it's not near the 6v you'd get from "real" AA batteries.
TheDBA is offline Find More Posts by TheDBA